Adina's Easter Dress

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Well, it's me again.  I promised that I'd be here today to share pics of my cutie pie's Easter dress, and I'm here now to deliver.  Adina wanted a blue and pink dress, so I took her along to help me pick out fabric, but she kept changing her mind, once we got to the store.  LOL!  In the end, we went back to her original want, paired with the Fairytale Dress and Peasant Girl Blouse patterns from Tie Dye Diva, and came up with this.
She's obviously thrilled to be helping me take pics ;).  This was literally the easiest pattern I've ever used, y'all.  That may be because I taught myself to sew and still don't understand fully how to read a traditional pattern.  But it only took me a couple of days to whip up.  The hardest part was those button holes, simply because my machine wasn't performing for me.  I ended up scrapping the buttonhole foot and putting them in manually.  I wish I had done so much sooner into the design.
And the only thing I was disappointed in was that it turned out bigger than I had envisioned.  I kept trying it on Adina, but she's such a wiggle worm, I ended up just going for it.  I'm thinking I need a little mannequin to help me out next time, but I guess there's always room for her to grow this go around ;).  And look how sweet the blouse looks with just jeans.
I'll have lots of pics of our Easter celebrations to show you all soon but was anxious to share the fruit of my labor ;).  Thanks so much for stopping by!  We've got a busy weekend coming up, so I'm off to get some preparatory cleaning done and make dinner for a friend who just had a baby.  Have a wonderful Wednesday, friends!

14 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Oh how sweet!! You are a talented seamstress!! ~ Blessings

Annette said...

wow you are an amazing seamstress.. My mom used to make most of my clothes too. I think that this is so sweet.. she will always remember the sweet dresses mom used to make..

Miriam Prantner said...

Super sweet! Love the tie in the back and that the shirt is so versatile!

Melissa said...

Such a cute pattern, her dress turned out great! (I think my daughter would have picked out Spongebob fabric, he he)

Jennifer said...

Awe...super cute! She looks adorable, love it!

Linda R said...

What a beautiful dress you made. She looks so sweet in it. I used to sew for my daughter as well. I miss those days..

Hugs~

Lisa said...

Oh good gravy this is the sweetest dress Jinny! You taught yourself to sew!!??!!...you're one awesome teacher, can I sign up for your class LOL! She looks like a little princess and the peasant blouse is also the sweetest little thing! Great job girl, you rock ;)

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww what a sweet little dress! Your sewing skills are amazing!

Jeanne J said...

Looks like I see a princess here! Beautiful dress Jinny!

Tracy said...

Oh it's fabulous Jinny. I love how the skirt part looks, kind of like handkerchiefs. Bet she felt like a princess. Hugs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

She is soooooooooooooo ADORABLE!! I love love love love that dress you made for her!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Wow!! She looks so pretty!! What a clever mom you are ... this is really lovely and I adore the blouse with her jeans! Well done to you ... you should be really proud!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Adina looks so SWEET in the dress!! Such pretty colors!! LOVE the fun design and I agree that blouse is the CUTESET!! You did a GREAT job doing the button holes mannually!! WOW!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Sharon "Fritchey" said...

You are a woman of many talents! This dress and blouse is absolutely fabulous!!!!!