Family Update

Friday, April 5, 2013

Hey, y'all!  TGIF!  I know that I don't usually end the week with a Family Update post, but it's been a super busy week assignment-wise.  So, if you don't mind, that's what I'm going to do today ;).  Last Friday, my big kiddo and I went on a little, mother-son date.  He wanted to go to the Nelson-Atkins Museum to see a few of the areas that we hadn't yet made it to.  He had it all planned out and even brought his map, from a previous visit, along to lead the way.  It was the cutest thing EVER!
I loved this painting to bits!  There's just something about it that draws me right in.
This is a stunning painting of Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives.  It was so fitting to view it the exact day we remember the crucifixion of our Lord and Savior, Good Friday.
We both were totally in awe of these Chinese cricket cages and eating dishes.  What an amazing tradition!
Ezekiel was so excited over this night in shining armor...
and here's a few more gorgeous bits and pieces, just because.
And I just had to throw in this new, modern art installation!  It's so mesmerizing!
It was such a beautiful night.  We went on a little walk in the gardens, too.
Then, we were off to The Cheesecake Factory for dessert on the patio.  Ezekiel picked out a slice of Mango Key Lime Cheesecake...
and I enjoyed this delicious Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake.
And, of course, we had to snap a picture by one of The Plaza's traditional, Easter, Peter Rabbits.
Then, on Sunday, we were off to my Mom and Dad's church for their Easter services.  There was a little, egg hunt, for the kiddos, after.
We snapped a bunch of family pics before lunch.  My sisters and their families were there.  So, we got a picture of the three of us together, too, and of course, another cousin pic.  Gosh, they grow up so fast!
It was an absolutely beautiful day, so the kids played outside all afternoon.  LOVE that there's so much room for them to run and play at Grandma and Grandpa's.  They also raked in one HUGE stash of candy in a big, egg hunt all over their property.
Finally, I just had to throw in this picture I took earlier this week of my beautiful girl, enjoying the bunny her Daddy and I gave her in her Easter basket.  She also got an Easter book (Surprise ;)!) and a watercolor book.  Her brother got a bunny, too, along with his new, favorite movie, Rise of the Guardians.
That brings us to today.  I've scheduled this post, because my hubby and I are away at a homeschool conference, and my kiddos are enjoying another day with their Grandma.  But I'll be back next week with lots more creations to share ;).  Have a blessed weekend, y'all!

13 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great photos! Hope you are having a wonderful time at the conference!

Lisa said...

Looks like LOTS of fun Jinny TFS!!

Annette said...

look at all that fun...such a sweet post and loving seeing your happy family... thanks for sharing..

Have a wonderful Weekend..

Linda R said...

Lots of great photos. Lots of great memories here. That is so cool that you and your son went on a date. I love that...

Hugs~

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great photos!! Your Mama/son date looks WONDERFUL!!

Charlene said...

What a fun time!!! Love your pics and hearing about your family !! There sooooo cute!!

Tracy said...

When do you breathe girl! LOL Great pics as always. Hope you have a great time at the conference. Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Looks like a fun date and wonderful family time!

Sharon "Fritchey" said...

Oh my goodness, Jinny! I love all of these wonderful photos! I especially love seeing your beautiful family! The museum looks like it was amazing to see - I feel like I was there after looking at all of your wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing a peek into your life!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Love your museum pics. They are always so fun to visit. And yay for The Cheesecake Factory. Love that place. :)

Ros Crawford said...

I so enjoyed this post ... what terrific photos ... thanks so much for sharing!

Colleen Dietrich said...

These were fun pics to look at, Jinny! Looks like you all had a nice Easter. And the visit to the museum - wow! Lucky Ezekiel, getting to spend some alone time with you. :) That's important, and I don't do it enough.

Hope you are well, and I miss you!

Laurie said...

I love seeing all your pictures! And your family! I recognize them all! So fun! And so glad we found each other after all these years! :)