Family Update

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Well, hello there.  It's been awhile since I shared a little of what we've been up to as a family, so I thought that I'd do so today.  Ezekiel had his last KC Zoo homeschool program of this school year.  So, Adina and I met a couple of friends, bundled up tight, as it was snowing and super chilly, and enjoyed our morning.  Believe it or not, this was the best photo I could get of the group.  LOL!
We also discovered that one of our all-time favorite, chain restaurants, The Egg and I, which I was introduced to when I lived in Colorado, had finally moved our direction.  Well, we made a beeline there after church a couple of weeks back, and I've got to say that it was every bit as good as I remember it to have been.  Yum!
Ezekiel got second place with his Pinewood Derby car, or rather skateboard, at the Awana Grand Prix.  He was so proud :).
We were super busy last week with SAT tests, so we ended the week on a lighter note at CoCo Key Indoor Water Park.
They promote a homeschool day, at a third of the cost, four times a year; and believe it or not, we always run into someone we know.  Ezekiel found a friend he met at the said zoo program above, so it was difficult to get him to slow down for a pic; but I managed to snap this one, just as he came through the slide shoot.
And look who's K4 preschool curriculum arrived.  So exciting!  Gosh, she's growing up fast!  Sigh.
Oh!  And I just couldn't resist leaving you with this fun pic of my littlest.  She and her brother were dressing up for some show they were concocting, and she couldn't decide whether she wanted to be a shirtless pirate or a train conductor.  So, she went with both.  LOVE it ;)!
That's just a few of the highlights of the last couple of weeks.  But we've got a Growing Up Victorian homeschool program on Thursday, and we're hoping the weather turns from freezing temps and snow to warm and springlike for an outing to get a sneak peek of our zoo's new Penguin Plaza on Saturday.  Plus, Ezekiel is gearing up for another season of baseball.  And all that's on top of being overwhelmed with the news of the Boston Marathon bombings, school, cleaning, church activities, and the like.  Breathe.  Thanks so much for checking in on us!  Be blessed!

9 comments:

Charlene said...

Congrats to Ezekiel for second place on his Pinewood Derby . skateboard!!! I love your family sharing!!!!! Have a wonderful day Jinny!!

Lisa said...

Love to see the pics and read the family news Jinny! BIG congrats to Ezekiel on his derby trophy!!! Hope the weather cooperates for you this week ;)

Lynn said...

I love all the pictures but my favorite is the pinewood derby...my boys have all done it and they love it every year!

Annette said...

fun and cute pictures.. oh the egg and I.. can't wait to check it out..

Maria said...

Big congrats to Ezekiel for his 2nd place pinewood derby win! Love all the sweet pics of the kiddos...so CUTE! Keep the pics coming for I really enjoy them! Take care, hugs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the Pine Derby! That is AWESOME!!!! I loveeeeee the photos!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos ... well done to Ezekiel!

Tracy said...

Looks like you've been having lots more fun. :-) Now I'm hungry and jealous that you have an indoor water park. LOL. Hugs!

~Tammy~ said...

Your family has entirely too much fun on the weekends and that is a good thing!!! :-)