For the Love of Books

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments, in my previous post, about our little bunny.  We felt so bad for her and still keep thinking what may have been if we had just found her a little sooner.  Unfortunately, that is just the way things go sometimes.  We're glad she was at least warm and comfortable before she left us.

Well, we made it through our stormy night with no more than tired eyes.  Fortunately, all the thunder, lightening, and wind didn't keep me up half the night, but I guess my hubby didn't sleep for much of it.  Before it all began, though, the warmer weather drew us out of the house to a walk around the neighborhood, which ended up taking us over two hours with all the neighbors and friends we ran into along the way.  LOVE that!

I usually post my For the Love of Books post somewhere around the middle of the month, but those of you lovers of Wplus9 Design already know that the Design Team's projects have been postponed due to a manufacturing delay.  Well, I'm scheduled to share projects, boasting some of our April/May Release goodies, with you all, next week.  Woohoo!  By the way, if you haven't stopped by the Design Blog to check out all of Dawn's projects, please run... Don't walk there now.  You won't be disappointed!  Anyway, I just didn't want to put off this post until the last week of April, because things always get so busy then.  Yes, I said, "last week," when we're just over a week into April.  Crazy!  So, with my love for country music and my thoughts still on Sunday's Country Music Awards, I was drawn to bring you all a precious book by one of my all-time favorite country music artists.
My Little Girl, written by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas and illustrated by Julia Denos, is the story of a nothing-in-particular kind of day between a Daddy and his little girl.  They turn it into a spectacular kind of day with a trip to the co-op to see bunnies and baby chicks, a duck samba by the pond, cloud watching, tire swinging, piggyback riding, story telling, and simply being together all with their playful puppy right by their sides.  It does so much more than simply prompt "Dads and Daughters to spend time together just being Dads and Daughters," as the authors write in the back of the book.  It "inspire[s] and instill[s] not only knowledge, but also endless possibility," as Faith Hill states in the foreword.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read!  If you like this one, be sure to check out McGraw and Douglas' Love Your Heart, too, and may all your everyday moments and activities become extraordinary just being with your children.

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhh I know I need to read this!!! LOVE Tim!!!