SIT #108

Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm joining Team B this week, at Sketches in Thyme, with my take on a super fun sketch to capture a precious memory. Check it out!
I started this page by anchoring a couple of patterned papers, horizontally, near the bottom of the turquoise, floral, patterned paper, with black-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches respectively.  I then added one more chevron, vellum, patterned paper, before adhering a trio of patterned, paper strips just left of vertical center, matting my photographs with Whisper White cardstock, and adhering them in their respective locations.
One of the photos was also wrapped with a length of Baker's Twine, tied in a bow.  A "notes:" journaling card was tucked under the right side of the top photo and used to journal, Your big, jungle-themed sleepover didn't work out.  So, Mommy took you on a date night.  We saw Cars 2 in 3D.  Then, you picked On the Border for dinner and wanted to make a trip to B&N after.  Love that I got you all to myself!
The journaling card was grounded with the "8 years" title, which was created by cutting the first half of it from patterned paper.  The second half is just kraft, foam Thickers.  A "Remember" pennant trims its bottom edge.
A white envelope, as well as a hand-cut, from patterned paper, woodgrain doily, round out the right side of the layout.  I know I have the movie tickets, from this night, tucked away someplace.  That little envelope will be the perfect spot for them, once they show up ;).
Another hand-cut doily, as well as a July 8, 2011, date label; wood veneer "8"...
"RECORDED", cardstock sticker; and red, star button, laced with white string, complete the look.
And here's this week's Challenge #108 sketch to get you started.
You have until the close of the month, on Tuesday, April 30, 2013, to link up your takes, in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog, in order to be in the running to be named one of our Top 3 and have the opportunity to guest design with us during the month of June.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Whisper White (SU); turquoise floral & red frame (Jenni Bowlin); ruler, today scallop, woodgrain doily, & mixed numbers (Crate Paper); multi-colored stripe (My Mind's Eye); chevron vellum (Studio Calico) Ink: Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: white & black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); kraft foam Thickers (Dear Lizzy); "RECORDED" cardstock sticker & "notes:" journaling card (My Mind's Eye); white envelope (Canvas Corp.); "Remember" pennant & turquoise polka dot label (Elle's Studio); wood veneer "8" (Studio Calico); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); red star button (unknown)

12 comments:

Annette said...

awesome layout.. i love how you added the twine to the picture..

Lynn said...

Such sweet pictures of you and Ezekiel...and a fabulous layout as always.

Doreen Vasquez said...

That blue BG paper is just perfect for your pics!

Jeanne J said...

Wonderful as always Jinny! Love all the little touches you always include!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee this! LOVING those photos and the colors!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Great use of this sketch Jinny, and I love all of the layers on this page! And the twine tied around your photo is such a cute touch!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Jinny! I just wanted to let you know that I fell in LOVE with your sweet card in the May issue of CARDS, and that I made a lifted version of it that I posted on my blog today. I'd love to have you check it out. You really inspired me!
Blessings,
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Ezekiel looks so cute in his 3D glasses, sweet pictures of you both. Mommy and son dates are the BEST! Mine's grown but I still treasure our time together. This is another superb layout Jinny. Great attention to detail as always!!

Tracy said...

I used one of the SIT sketches to do my layout cause I like them so much. This is another great one Jinny. I still have a long way to go to feel comfortable mixing papers like you do. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Another super page ... I love the layers and your interpretation of the design and I always love your journalling ...

Tracey Sabella said...

Love, love this mommy date night page!! Such a special time with the two of you together. Love the twine wrapped photo! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Angi Barrs said...

Awww what a sweet page. Love the photos!