SIT #109

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Note: If you've come here looking for my Wplus9 Apr./May Release: Day 3 post, please scroll down.

We've got one, final, Sketches in Thyme challenge of the month for you all, and it's one of our two-pagers.  Woohoo!  Here's how it inspired me.
I started this layout by creating and die-cutting the Shapiro poem, from Frosted Teal cardstock, with my Cameo and backed it with a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
Yes, there is a mistake.  Grrr!  Y'all, I cut this same poem at least three times, from scrap cardstock, to make sure it was exactly how I wanted it; but for some reason or another, when I went to cut it on the final product, that "then" jumped lines and ended up after the comma, following the word "moment", instead of on the next line, before the word "they're".  Oh, well.  I went with it.  It did give me the perfect place for one of my little bubbles ;).
I then adhered that yummy, white doily stretching across both sides of the layout; topped it with a trio of color-coordinating, patterned papers, all of which were anchored with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, and the center of which was wrapped with a length of Calypso Coral twine; adhered my photo grid, which had been matted with Whisper White cardstock, in its respective location, with foam tape; and topped that grid with the "Bubbling with JOY" title, which was created from teal foam and yellow, glitter Thickers.
That turns our attention to the left side of the page...
where I tucked a little "LOVE" ticket strip just below the twine-wrapped, patterned paper.
I also added an "ALWAYS BE YOU!" label, with foam tape, just below and overhanging the left edge of the top photo.
Lots of little die-cut, vellum bubbles, which I also glittered, begin on this page and carry over to the right side of the layout...
where you'll also see that I anchored that length of Coral Calypso twine, in a bow, just to the left of my teal, "HELLO!  MY NAME IS", journaling card, which reads, You could've blown bubbles for hours when we were camping with G-pa and ma.  Every new sphere or pop or dribble had your full attention and filled you with giggles.
A handwritten, September 18, 2010, date completes the look.
Here's this week's Challenge #109 sketch to get you started.
Please don't forget that you have until the close of the month, on Tuesday, April 30, 2013, to link up your takes, on Challenge #107, Challenge #108, and/or this week's Challenge #109, to be in the running to be named one of our Top 3 and have the opportunity to guest design with us during the month of June.  I'm looking forward to finding a little time to catch up with you all.  Now, I hope you don't mind, but I'm signing off early for the weekend.  It's been a busy week, and I'm more than ready for a little rest and relaxation.  Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedules to stop by!  Have a good one!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Whisper White (SU); Frosted Teal textured (Bazzill); pink grid & yellow leaves (Elle's Studio); gray multicolored polka dot (Heidi Swapp); white doily (Martha Stewart); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Lacey Layers die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Cameo (Silhouette); Dazzling Diamonds, "LOVE" ticket, & Calypso Coral twine (SU); "ALWAYS BE YOU!" label (Elle's Studio); teal foam & yellow glitter Thickers (American Crafts); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); "HELLO! MY NAME IS" journaling card (My Mind's Eye)

14 comments:

Annette said...

so totally cute.. I love how you cut all the sentiments out.. really does look amazing.. love it

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love the word art you created with the cameo and also that great big doily. Great set of photos!

Lisa said...

LOVE all of the die cut words down the side Jinny, cute page!!

Ros Crawford said...

What wonderful photos ... Love how you brought them together in this page...

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is gorgeous! Love the sweet and fabulous details!

Tracy said...

I know that little blip in the cutting was annoying to you, but it doesn't detract at all from your wonderful layout. The bubbles theme is fun and Adina is always a cute subject. Hugs!

Lynn said...

Oh my...swooning on how you used your Cameo.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Oh Jinny, this layout is BEYOND gorgeous! I just love the negative image of the poem you cut out, and all the darling pictures! Really too sweet for words! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet comment - I hope all is well with you and the family! xo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those sweet photos and love love love love that negative title work!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Stunning double pager Jinny!! Love the poem you cut with your Cameo, and I would have never noticed that "mistake"!! :) Love the doily and the square photos!

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Fantastic double spread!!! What awesome photos love yor page and the work with the cameo makes me want one;)

Angi Barrs said...

I love how you added the die cut poem. Sooo clever! Beautiful pages!

MichelleZ said...

Beautiful layout! The girls are awesome together.

Maria said...

Beautiful!!! Love the photos and all the negative cut out words!