Weekend Snapshots

Monday, April 29, 2013

Good afternoon, y'all!  I hope you all had wonderful weekends!  Ours was busy from the get go and started with rainy weather and a chill in the air but ended on a more relaxing note with gorgeous sunshine and the warmth of spring.  But before I get to those pics, I wanted to share a few things that happened toward the close of last week.  Ezekiel's 5th grade curriculum arrived!  He seems to have fallen in love with history this year, or at least, that's what he is most excited about right now.
And I couldn't help but throw in this comparison between my stack and his.  It's the first time mine has been taller than his.  Gulp.  Help!
Last Thursday, we went to Mahaffie Farmstead for a Growing Up Victorian homeschool program.  They had two separate tracks, for the kiddos, based upon age.  When I called over there, they said that my cuties, being as they're nearly five and a half years apart, would be close together all morning, despite the fact that they were in the separate tracks, but I didn't see Ezekiel for most of the day.  Fortunately, my friend brought her hubby along, so he was able to go with Ezekiel and his daughter, while my friend and I stuck with the wee ones.  Anyway, we got to churn butter in the cellar, grind corn...
to feed the chickens...
and plant corn...
and little and big kids alike got to ride the stagecoach.  The weather was perfect, and it was so fun to get to connect with lots of other homeschool families from our area.
Then, on Saturday, we were off to the Kansas City Zoo for a sneak peek of what will be our new Helzberg Penguin Plaza.  Well, the line for that was crazy long, and I overheard folks talking about how the wait wasn't worth it.  So, we skipped it; enjoyed delicious, free, for members, Chris Cakes pancakes...
and explored bits of the zoo under the protection of our umbrellas.  I completely forgot that my hubby doesn't usually get to go with us, so it was uber fun to see his wide eyes taking it all in and hear his questions.  I was helping my big kiddo take pics with his camera, too.  So, I forgot to take very many of my own, but I did get a few.
And finally, Ezekiel wanted to thank Grandpa and Grandma for the books he got in the mail for no reason in particular other than they love him ;).  Thanks so much, guys!  What a fun surprise!
Oh!  I also couldn't help but throw in this pic of chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.  Mmmm!  These ones went to a family, in our church, who just had a new baby.  Then, because the remainder of this particular batch was nearly cleaned up by the rest of my family, I whipped up another batch, with cream cheese frosting, to take to some friends' house, for dinner, on Saturday night.  LOVE cupcakes ;)!
That about covers it, folks.  Thanks so much for checking in on us, and have a truly blessed, work week!  Hugs!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I love all the pictures...their smiles are all so precious!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the photos Jinny, sounds like a wonderful weekend! Glad you're hubby got to join in the fun this time. And thanks SO much for leaving a bit of love on the PR blog today ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos!! And they are wayyyyyyy braver than me ... I wouldn't be able to handle a bird on my head! LOL!!!

Maria said...

Oh, what fun for the little kiddos! Riding the stage coach and going to the zoo? How sweet and precious fun! Photos with the birds are too CUTE! So great to see that your son enjoys reading! And, yummy cupcakes! Always enjoy your sweet family stories and photos, thank you! Take care, hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Super photos ... That stagecoach is awesome! And I love the animal photos ... I can almost taste those yummy cakes!

Lindsay said...

So much fun Jinny! I just love your pile of books! You are such an inspiration, all the fun things you do with the kids! We need to chat about how you manage it all! ;)

~Tammy~ said...

So so fun! Those cupcakes are making me hungry!

Tracy said...

I need to go through the box of homeschool books I still have and see if there's anything you could use. It was always fun to get the new stuff in . :-) Looks like some more fun learning adventures. I would love to pet that tiger...as long as he stayed asleep. LOL Hugs!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE all the Pics!! THANKS for sharing!! I missed you all week!! It has been SO BUSY around here!! Anyway, hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)