10 Minute Craft Dash #17

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Note: If you've come here looking for my Paper Sweeties Sketch Inspiration #7 post, please scroll down.

Happy May Day, y'all!  So excited to be here today joining the 10 Minute Craft Dash!  I think, by now, you all know that 10 minutes is beyond impossible for me.  I must create much slower than the bulk of you Craft Dash lovers or something.  So, I won't even tell you all how long today's creation took me.  It's not important ;), but I couldn't pass up this week's gorgeous palette.  Plus, Wplus9 Design is sponsoring this week's challenge with a $20 gift certificate to the Wplus9 Design Online Store.  Woohoo!
So, here's how I was inspired.
I started this card by stamping the frame and "Grandpa" sentiment, both in Jet Black ink, on a piece of woodgrain, patterned paper.  I couldn't help giving y'all a close-up of that sentiment.  LOVE that font to bits!
I then anchored it with a strip of coral, chevron, patterned paper, as well as an aqua, designer, patterned paper, which I had stamped, in Chocolate chip ink, with the "EAT.  SLEEP.  FISH." commands; framed the entire thing with a piece of Oatmeal cardstock; and machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around the piece's combined edges and, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between the connection of the two grounding papers.
A length of hemp twine was then wrapped, three times, around the card face, between the woodgrain and chevron papers and laced through a brown button, before being tied in a bow.
The entire thing was then adhered to the Kraft, cardstock, card face with foam tape, before the fish images were stamped, in stamped-off, Calypso Coral ink, on Oatmeal, cardstock die cuts and fitted into the stamped frame.  A cattail image, stamped, in Old Olive and Chocolate Chip inks, on an Oatmeal, cardstock die cut and glittered, flanks the bottom right corner of the frame; and a die cut and ink distressed, Oatmeal, cardstock sand dollar was tucked in behind it to complete the look.
And here's this week's Challenge #17 to get you all started.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to get all the details for your own creations, and thanks ever so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed May, friends!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fish More, Hope Seed Co. - frame, & Guiding Light - cattails (Wplus9) Paper: Kraft & Oatmeal (Wplus9); woodgrain & aqua designer (Crate Paper); coral chevron (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Calypso Coral, Chocolate Chip, & Old Olive (SU); Jet Black, Tea Dye, & Antique Line (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Fish More & Guiding Light dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); button & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions)

11 comments:

Lynn said...

What a great guy card! I love how you combined the sets!

Lisa said...

This is so fun and sums up our son perfectly~ HaHa!! It's that time of year around here and he's ready to hit the water!! Love the colors and those cute little cattails!

Miriam Prantner said...

You did this in 10 minutes?! So impressed!

Miriam Prantner said...

haha, I just went back and actually read to see how much time....I am with you....my fastest card is probably 30 minutes....

cassie said...

I love this - you really rocked the 10 Minute Craft Dash. It's great having the wplus9 DT join us :)

Annette said...

you do amazing things with these stamps.. this is awesome..

~Tammy~ said...

Ha! I Love this! 10 minutes cards are really hard for me as I have to have the complete concept drawn out in my head! I end up with a way simple card (for me). It sure gets your blood pumping!

Your card is amazing even it wasn't done in under 10.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Are you serious??? 10 minutes??? WOWOWOWOWZA! I can't believe it! I wish I could make something this beautiful in 10 minutes:) It takes me 10 minutes to find my stamps! LOL! FAB JOB!

Paulina said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the colors enough that you still wanted to join along, Jinny! I adore seeing your creations, whether they're under 10 minutes or not! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

This is SO FUN!! I LOVE this set and I have used it a TON for masculine Birthday cards!! Even a couple Congrats cards for some of my husbands friends!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Maria said...

Fabulous masculine card!!!