CCG243

Monday, May 13, 2013

It's time for another fabulous palette from Color Combos Galore, y'all!  I cannot tell you how much I loved working with this color combo.  So beautiful!  Here's how I was inspired.
I started this layout by using modeling paste, through an alphabet stencil, to rub a little texture and dimension onto the gray, geometric, patterned, paper, base page.
I then adhered a few, large, hand-cut, patterned, paper triangles flush with and near the top and bottom edges of the left half of the layout, before machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight stitches, a trio of circles over them.  Over those stitched lines, I then adhered a handful of smaller, hand-cut, patterned, paper triangles, a few of which I doodled upon with a black artist pen.  The hash marks, near the top and bottom of the page, as well as the circles were then stamped, in Jet Black ink...
before matting my photos with Whisper White cardstock and adhering the created panel, with foam tape, across the page, just above horizontal center.  My "PLAY" title was created, right on a photo, from yellow, glitter Thickers.
I then flanked it, across its bottom edge, with a punched strip of Whisper White cardstock and, near its top right, with manila tags, laced with white chords, tied in bows, which I used to journal, This was our 1st trip to Black Hoof Park, and you guys just couldn't resist the sand and water features.
A bursting handful of silver sequins...
and an aqua, polka dot, "date:" label, upon which I wrote, May 14, 2012, Lake Lenexa, complete the look.
Here's this week's Inspiration Board #243 to get you started.
I was inspired by Inspiration Photo #1 to Focus on Patterns: Geometric Patterns, as well as to incorporate letters, as inspired by the monogrammed pillows.  Additionally, I was inspired to incorporate a row of photos, as well as a row of manila tags, by just such in Photo #4.  Thanks so much for peeking in!  Please be sure to stop by the forum link above to check out all the details for yourself, and have a fantastic work week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Great Big Greetings - hash marks & Nuts About Nature - circles  (Market Street Stamps) Paper: Whisper White & aqua diamond (SU); turquoise star (Jenni Bowlin); yellow leaf, gray geometric, & pink grid (Elle's Studio); green star, yellow diamond, green penmanship, & turquoise triangle (October Afternoon); pink plaid (Crate Paper); pink medallion & gray doily (My Mind's Eye); green houndstooth (Authentique); pink text (Jillibean Soup) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Bracket punch (Fiskars); silver sequins (Hobby Lobby); "date:" card (My Mind's Eye); manila tags with strings (Kraft Outlet); yellow glitter Thickers (American Crafts); alphabet stencil (Jenni Bowlin); modeling paste (Liquitex)

11 comments:

Patrice said...

Love all your stitching, Jinny!

Lisa said...

Very pretty Jinny, I like the scattered triangles!

Ashley Horton said...

What a fun page, Jinny!! Love the modeling paste on the alpha stencil and the Triangles are a great design on your page!! And the title is so cute on your photo!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazing! Such a cute happy and fun page!!! :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo fun!! LOVING all the triangles!!! Totally pinning this!!!

Tracy said...

Your imagination is amazing. The stitched circles and random stamping compliment all the fun triangles, and the modeling paste...LOVE to use that stuff. So cool. Fantastic layout! Hugs!

Annette said...

another wonderful page.. I love it.. great stitching and fabulous color combo..

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so fun! I'm loving all the triangles and that you added some doodling to them. The subtle stencil work adds great texture!

Meihsia Liu said...

How lovely! Such a great layout with those fun pictures and tags. The colors are just so beautiful! Great design, Jinny. ^_^

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Amazing and fun page, love hose colors!!!

Kelly said...

Soo cute :) I really love the combination of pp papers you used here...and I predict triangles as the next big trend? Beautifully done :)