Creative Friends

Friday, May 10, 2013

It's Friday, y'all!  Woohoo!  I'm so looking forward to a little break, from our studies, for the weekend.  We've only got just over a week left before summer break, and I'm counting the days ;).  On top of school, I've also been super busy with DT projects; so, today, I've turned to some of my creative friends to inspire you through the weekend.  I've wanted to share these handmade cards, which I've been blessed enough to have received over the years, for a long time; and it's finally getting done today, beginning with this beauty from the talented Maureen Plut.  Gosh, I cannot tell you how much I adore the layers and fabulous palette here, especially with those little punches of yellow.  Mmmmm!  And check out all that yummy stitching!
LOVE the shape of this creation, designed by Jaclyn Miller, and those flourishes are in just the right places.  Not to mention, I'm in love with those green, glittery alphas.
Erin created this cutie, and I just couldn't love the sweet simplicity of it any more.  I also love how she's stamped the text in behind the jar.  Such great dimension!
I hope the talented Christina Maclaren can forgive me for my skills in photographing this beauty.  I have the hardest time capturing white canvases.  They always photograph gray, so I tend to overcompensate with the contrast to get that striking bright white.  Regardless, this card literally made me say, "Wow!", right out loud.  It's simply gorgeous!
Colleen Dietrich has such an elegance to her style, and this card captures her perfectly.  Check out all that scrumptious stamping, too.
I'm lucky enough to have received the next trio of cards from my dear friend, Lynn Mangan.  She does CAS so effortlessly and always ties in just the right amount of texture.  Plus, y'all, this girl knows what to do with a stamp!
Finally, right in the midst of a crisis of her own, my sweet friend, Annette Allen, sent me this beautiful creation, boasting one of my all-time favorite color combos.  Don't you just love how she's stacked that butterfly focal point?!  And her angled design is ever so fun.
Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!  I'm so blessed to call you friends.  And thanks so much, to you all, for peeking in!  We've got a busy weekend planned, and I'm crossing my fingers that the weather holds out enough to allow me to get into my gardens.  It's just been so wet and muddy.  Oh!  And I cannot forget all you moms.  I hope you have a super blessed Mother's Day!  Hugs!

16 comments:

Maureen said...

LOL, I had to laugh today, Jinny, when I saw a card and said...hmm where do I know that card from! That was a while ago! You are a dear to remember it and highlight it on your blog :) Hope all is well. Hugs to you!

Annette said...

aww what a sweet post.. you are too sweet to share with us all.. I am honored to be called one of your friends.. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.. sending you big smiles.. :)

Charlene said...

Awwww great cards!!! Happy Mother's Day Jinny!

Lisa said...

How sweet of you to share the cards from your dear friends, love them all Jinny. Wishing you a very happy and blessed Mother's Day weekend my sweet friend ~ {{HUGS}}. Hope the weather cooperates ;)

Tenia Nelson said...

These ladies ROCK!! Just sayin'!!

Lynn said...

Oh Jinny...you are gem! Thanks for highlighting all the gorgeous cards you've received. Hope your family spoils you for Mother's Day! xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all amazing!! Great picks!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, aren't you sweet! Thank you for showcasing a card I sent to you, as well as all the other beauties you received. It was a treat to see all these!

Ashley Horton said...

Great inspiration and all adorable cards!! Hope you have a great Mother's Day weekend, Jinny!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful cards ... Happy Mother's day to you

Larissa Heskett said...

THANKS FOR SHARING!! Love all of the sweet cards!! =) Hope you have a FABULOUS MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND!! We are expecting rain too and have one more roping left so I hope for good weather too!! Then only four days left of school for Beckett and SUMMER Vacation is here!! YEAH!! Have a GREAT ONE!! =)

Christina said...

How sweet that you shared all of these lovely cards from friends! It makes me smile to know that you're still enjoying the one I sent. Hope you're able to have some time in your garden this weekend, and happy Mother's Day to you!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a lovely share, very inspiring!
Aren't blog friends the best!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely set of cards Jinny. Your friends are soo sweet! Happy Mother's Day!

Maria said...

What a fab collection of wonderful cards! Happy Mother's Day!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Wow, Jinny! You certainly have a bunch of creative friends. I love all of the beautifully designed cards! I am in awe of how many talented people are here!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, my friend!