For the Love of Books

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hey, y'all!  This month is going by so stinkin' fast.  I thought that I'd better pop in here to share my monthly For the Love of Books pick, before it completely gets away from me.  The story I have chosen, for you all, today is written for children ages four to eight and fittingly, for the season upon us, boasts a baseball theme.
Randy Riley's Really Big Hit, written and illustrated by Chris Van Dusen, is the story of a kid genius who just so happens to not be so good at baseball and how he saves his town, in just nineteen days, from a massive fireball, with his very first home run.  It is written in a playful rhyme and beautifully illustrated in amazing, retro, cartoon-like detail.  I also love that it promotes acceptance of people of all kinds and abilities.

Whether this is an introduction to Randy or you're uber familiar with his brainy character, I'd love to know what you think.  Thanks so much for reading!  Now, get out there and enjoy your day!  Hugs!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I need to check this out!!!

Angi Barrs said...

I'm a reading teacher and love it when others promote reading. I need to check this out. I'm trying to get more books for my nephew.

Charlene said...

Looks like a great one for the grandkids! I think I'll take them to Barned and Noble tomorrow night , thanks for the idea!

~Tammy~ said...

We have this book and love it! We are big into reading and baseball in this house. There Goes Ted Williams is another BB great.

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME!! I know Beckett will LOVE this!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)