Guest Desiging with Color Me Scrappy

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'm back to complete my Color Me Scrappy Guest Design spot with a gorgeous palette and product challenge to inspire your next creation, and I just cannot tell you how much fun I had with this one.  Here's my take.
I started this page by painting the textured, white, cardstock, base page, from top to bottom, with Green Tea, Paradise, and True Blue acrylic paints and, just for a little shine, spritzed over it with Pearl Glimmer Mist.  I then stamped over it, in White ink, with the waves, before matting my photographs with Whisper White cardstock and adhering them in their respective locations.  The largest photo was also wrapped, three times, with a length of Stone twine, tied in a bow; trimmed, across its bottom edge, with a trio of graphic pennants; and flanked by a hand cut, from patterned paper, "9" to represent my son's age, as well as a die cut, from Whisper White cardstock, leafy branch.
Just above that same large photo I tucked a heavy, white doily...
and to its right I adhered my "swim" title, which was made out of chipboard alphas, that I painted with White acrylic paint, ink distressed, and glittered.
I then adhered a bunch of fun tags and cardstock stickers, most of them with foam tape, and one of them had the July/Aug./2012 date etched upon it, near the top right corner of the design.
On the photo just to the right of the title, I adhered a "cool dude" sticker and, just below it, a turquoise-framed pennant, upon which I journaled, Mission Municipal Pool.
Finally, I stamped a trio of little fish, in Jet Black ink, on White cardstock; colored them with colored pencils and mineral spirits; hand cut them out; adhered them, just below my photo line, with foam tape; and gave them a few, silver, sequin, air bubbles.
Further inspiration for this page came from Challenge Me Happy's Challenge #46: Water and PageMaps' Anniversary Party Kick-Off!
And here's this week's Challenge #38 palette to get you started.  Be sure to also incorporate paints and/or mists for this challenge.
Once again, stop by the challenge link above to check out all the amazing creations the Design Team has whipped up, as well as to get all the specific challenge details.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and thanks, again and again, to Lisa, Pam, and the whole Color Me Scrappy crew for having me this month!  It's been such an honor and so much fun!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Hooked on You (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU); White (Wplus9); texture white (Bazzill) Ink: White (Wplus9); Jet Black, Tea Dye, & Antique Linen (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: Folk Art Florals die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Stone twine (The Twinery); chipboard alphas (Maya Road); Paradise & Green Tea acrylic paints (Delta Creative); White acrylic paint (Anita's); True Blue acrylic paint (FolkArt); Dazzling Diamonds & "ONE OF A KIND" cardstock sticker (SU); "9" (Crate Paper); heavy paper doily (Martha Stewart); "This was the best adventure!", "EVERYDAY SNAPSHOTS", & aqua framed tags (Elle's Studio); blue "DATE" label (My Mind's Eye); silver sequins (Hobby Lobby); graphic pennants (Ormolu); "cool dude" sticker (Stickapotamus); Pearl Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)

18 comments:

Jonathon said...

The color palette is gorgeous Jinny and I love the paint. Amazing layout!

Lynn said...

Jinny....that was me on the last post! My son was logged into blogger for a school blog and I didn't realize it! Woops....

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am IN LOVE with this!! LOVING those colors, the photos and love love love love how you used the sequins on the fishy's!!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is fabulous ...I love how you did the colours ... perfect match to the photos!

Miriam Prantner said...

The painting is so bold and really grounds this page, the colors are perfect for the theme, love the stamping you did too! Gorgeous page!

Linda R said...

Oh my goodness what a cute page. It looks like you had fun with this.
Awesome job my friend.

Hugs~

harbourgal said...

Great page! I love how you have created the background using paint. Those bright colours POP! Thanks for playing along with us at CMH

Maria said...

Gorgeous layout, Jinny! Love all the bright colors, especially on the background using paint! Sweet photos! You always do the most wonderful layouts...great job!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

You ROCKED this challenge, girl! I love what you did with the colors! And you did an amazing job with the Pagemaps sketch, too! Thanks for being a guest designer at Color Me Scrappy!!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome page Jinny!! Love the color scheme and your painting in the background!! And the die cuts and those little fish are so cute!!

Annette said...

oh my word.. AWESOME LAYOUT.. love the bright colors and cute designing.. great photo..

So glad you got your package.. enjoy.. :)

Angi Barrs said...

This is so fun! Love the fishies!

Lisa said...

This is really fun Jinny! Perfect colors for the swim photos. I really like the sweet little fishes!! Hope you have a great day ;)

Tracy said...

WOW! just wow. You are so talented my friend. Each and every element is so special and adds so much life to your layout. Love it! Hugs!

~Tammy~ said...

So so cute! I love those fishies from Wplus9. So cute on your layout! Love the colors too!

Jeanne J said...

Thank you for all the close ups - every time I look I see something new - so much fun and so many perfect details that just have me captivated here!

Missy Whidden said...

This is so gorgeous!! WOW!!!

Heidi said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS