Guest Designing for My Craft Spot

Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm so excited to be here today guest designing for My Craft Spot!
Kimberly sent me this gorgeous stamp set, called Thank You...
and I pulled out some yummy papers, from the My Mind's Eye Collectable: Memorable collection, to create this card set for my sister.  Her birthday's coming up in just a few short days.
Let's take a look up close and personal.  Shall we?
I started this card by anchoring a large piece of patterned paper in the center of the Kraft, cardstock, card face with black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  I then adhered a patterned, paper panel in and near the left edge of the previous piece and secured it with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A stack of three, die-cut, patterned, paper hearts were then adhered, in a column of three, down the center of that panel and anchored with black-threaded, messy, machine stitches, before being fluffed for dimension.
Finally, I stamped the "You shouldn't have But I'm glad you did" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, on a hand-cut, White, cardstock pennant, which was set, near its left end, with a color-coordinating eyelet, laced with a hemp twine bow, and adhered it, with foam tape, between the top two fluffed hearts.
Each progressive card was created in exactly the same way with the exception of mixing up the patterned papers, sometimes changing the brad color, and swapping out the sentiments with lots more from this amazing set.  Gosh, I just cannot tell you how much I adore the mix of fonts here, and you can mix and match and change them up 'til your hearts content.  How about a close up of the rest of the sentiments I've used, beginning with a trio of simple "Thank you!"'s?
Then, I moved on to "Thanks!  You made my day"...
and "THANKS SO MUCH for your sweet gift".
I then packaged them all up, with envelopes, in a cellophane bag...
and tied it up with a pretty, aqua ribbon, tied in a bow and embellished with a die-cut, from Kraft cardstock, tag, dressed up with another die-cut, stitched, and fluffed heart.
Further inspiration for this set came from the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  Please be sure to stop by the My Craft Spot Blog link above to say hello.  AND Kimberly has so graciously offered to give you all the opportunity to win your pick of a FREE My Craft Spot stamp set.  Woohoo!  Simply go to the Clear Stamps button on their blog and pick your favorite set.  Then, come back here and leave me a comment, telling me which one you picked.  I'll randomly pick a winner next Thursday, May 30, 2013.  Good luck!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  And to my U.S. friends, have a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Thank You (My Craft Spot) Paper: Kraft & White (Wplus9); all patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Clear Cut Stackers: Hearts & Timeless Tags 2 dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); eyelets (SU); aqua ribbon & cellophane bag (Hobby Lobby)

50 comments:

Lynn said...

Your sister is going to adore this set of cards Jenny! I love all the gorgeous papers you used. Ps. Thx for the chance to win. Commenting from my phone so I will have to look at the sets later!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card set Jinny. Love the stitched hearts. The papers are so pretty. The greetings are awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the GDT!! These are GORGEOUS!! I love love love the colors and the hearts with the stitching! She will LOVE them!!!

Milagros C. Rivera said...

What a fantastic set Jinny, they are so lovely and the colors so perfect. Love those stitched hearts!

Lynda said...

Love your card set and think I will try something similar. The stamps sets are all great but I think I would use the Tiny Tags 2 or the Birthday Wishes set more than the others on the cards that I make. Thank you for the chance to win.

Lin said...

Oh, Jinny, I love these! What a great idea to do several versions with these wonderful papers - I know I'll be CASEing this design!!

Kara Lynne said...

What a gorgeous collection! I just keep staring!

Miriam Prantner said...

Very sweet set of cards! Lots of details, but definitely mass producible. I love all the stitching!

Creative M said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS set of cards!
Congrats on being a Guest Designer at MCS.
Thanks for the chance to win.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Creative M said...

New follower.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Annette said...

ok these could not be an more AWESOME.. what a fun design and fun set.. I love how you stitched the hearts.. i so love these..

congrats on being the guest designer..you rocked it..

Creative M said...

Forgot to mention..My favorite is Cute Critter Stamp.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Michelles Brandon said...

I love all your sewing .I just bought a sewing to use on my cards .I have not used it yet.I love the tiny tags set of stamps because they can be used on so many types of cards.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card set, Jinny! I LOVE all of your fun stitching and the 3D hearts! Your sister will love it. Thanks so much for being a guest designer at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

KimCreate said...

Wow, Jinny, this set is amazing! Beautiful stitching and papers and I love the 3D hearts!!

Lisa said...

These are ALL delightful, what a sweet gift for your sister! I love the layered stitched hearts. Hmmm...it was tough to pick just one set. But I picked the "Stamping Around Fall" set. It would be super to make little treats for my DIL's 1st grade class!!

Lisa said...

ooops forgot to say CONGRATS on your guest spot ;)

Ashley Horton said...

What a great gift for your sister, Jinny!! Love the stitching and the layered hearts!!

Donna and Sara said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer! You did such a beautiful job with these cards. Happy to be a new follower too.

Charlene said...

Congrats, and these are great cards Jinny!!!! Happy Memorial Day!

Angi Barrs said...

Love that paper! And the stitching is fabulous!

Tina Lovell said...

Oh those cards are all so so cute! The colors, the design, and the sentiment... love them all. My favorite stamp set of yours... too too too many to chose from. I like this set shown, Merry Christmas and Tiny Tags... I know thats more than 1 but its because it's a 3-way tie. Great work!

Tracy said...

What a gift! This would thrill anyone. Amazing assortment and every one unique and beautiful. Congrats on your guestie spot! I really like the set you've used on your cards. So versatile. :-) Hugs!

Jennifer said...

These are so awesome! Love how you kept them the same yet changed up the patterns and sentiments! Super fun....this set would be awesome and so would many of their others, just can't decide!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful cards Jinny!
Your sister will surely treasure them!
Thank You~

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card set Jinny! I love the stitching, the beautiful 3d hearts and the awesome papers:) Such a beautiful set! I am sure your sister will love it!
Congrats on Guest Designing at My Craft Spot!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a wonderful set of beautiful cards! Love all the pretty colors and cute hearts. Great design, Jinny. ^_^

Jill Norwood said...

Jinny your card set is gorgeous! What a wonderful gift for your sister! I am in love with the fonts of the thank you's in this stamp set! It is a great set! Thanks for the chance to win!
Hugs,
Jill

Karenladd said...

Wow do I love your cards! Those stitched hearts are so adorable and seeing them all together makes it even more fun! As for me, my favorite stamp set is Cute Critters. I can't resist a fun animal pun!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! These are fabulous! I'm sure your sister will be absolutely thrilled!!

Janice Upton said...

I love your cards! You've inspired me to get out my sewing machine and CASE your cards. They are so bright and cheerful! My favorite stamp set is Butterfly Kisses- not only great for spring, but for anytime.

Lynnie Einerson said...

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cards and the packaging is just as adorable as they are. Thank you for the wonderful ideas. Have a blessed day and enjoy this nice long weekend. I would love to have the sweet sentiments stamp set as it has a little bit of everything to include the "thank you".

Sue D said...

What a wonderful set of cards--love all the stitching.
My favorite set is Cute Critters.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Smashing set of cards! Just BRILLIANT!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Great designs - as always - and what a wonderful present for your sister!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

These are beautiful, Jinny! I really like the 3-D hearts and the way you packaged them into a gift bag. Blessings!

Laurie said...

OH my werd! This is a fabulous set! I love them!!

MichelleZ said...

Your card set is adorable! I'm sure that she will love it. I especially like that little tag. What a cute touch!

Michelle said...

Wow, Jinny! These cards are such a beautiful handmade gift! A real treasure!

Sukie said...

Stunning set of cards, love all of the fun details you added and the beautiful card stock you used! Your sister will love this handmade gift, I know my sisters would, both are Kindergarten teachers and they would love to have something like this on hand! Thanks so much for the inspiration. By the way, I am follower 300 on your blog, congratulations! I also have a little giveaway on my blog if you would like to stop by and enter: http://scrappindhilly.blogspot.com/2013/05/blogaversary-giveaway.html

Sukie said...

I forgot to add that the Ticket stamps along with the metal dies are my favorite. Sorry for the long post and now a second post. :)

Wendy AppleApricot said...

Wow! Absolutely love them Jinny!! They're sew beautiful! Hugs, Wendy

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! What an AWESOME Card Set!! I LOVE the row of hearts!! She is going to LOVE this!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Larissa Heskett said...

Woops forgot to leave the Stamp Set I like: Tiny Tags 2 would be my Pick!! LOVING the FUN fonts and the Family title words so NEED this!! THANKS for the chance to win and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

~Tammy~ said...

Big Congrats on your GDT for My Craft Spot! I adore Kim's stamps!

Your card set is amazing and your sister is going to love it! I love the 3D hearts! I always love your stitching....you will chuckle to know I have had a machine now for over a year and not used it once. Not enough time to figure out how to use it and play with it...grr.

I love all her sets. I think the Tiny Tags and ticket stamp set has been on my list for awhile now as well as stamping around! Lots of cuteness possibilities! :-)))

Diana Fisher said...

These are stunning! Love the colors and the hearts!

Maria said...

What a wonderful gift for your sister! Beautiful 3D hearts...so CUTE! I'm sure she will appreciate all those gorgeous cards!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Julie Marshall said...

Fabulous design and gorgeous, gorgeous papers!

Sally Dube said...

Love, Love, Love these - Wonderful design and so Bright and Cheery!!