May Daily Dozen

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Monday, y'all!  I trust you all had wonderful weekends.  We had a super busy start to ours.  My hubby was gone from 9 am until nearly 1 pm on Saturday.  So, my kiddos and I had plans to work in the gardens.  We had the perfect weather for it, too, and got started right after breakfast and before my hubby even got out the door.  I had a few perennials to get in the ground, lots of weeding to do, and our vegetable garden needed planted.  Fortunately, because my hubby tilled the vegetable garden, for me, ahead of time, I got it all done just in time for lunch.  Woohoo!  Although, gosh, is my body aching today.  Then, once Adina got down for a little nap and my hubby got home, he helped me sort out our little barn/shed; and we ended the day cleaning up the patio and mowing the lawn.  We were in the yard literally all day, but all that hard work gave way to a very restful Mother's Day, which just so happened to fall on this month's Daily Dozen, as inspired by Elizabeth Kartchner, and began with church.
The staff sent each of us moms home with a sweet, little box of blossoms, which my littlest didn't want to let go of.
We stopped by a nursery on our way to lunch, where I saw this gorgeous bird bath, that I would just love to add to my garden.
It was a bit out of our price range, as are most bird baths, though.  Maybe next time.  Actually, most everything was out of our price range.  We didn't take anything new home, but on Friday night, we loaded up on a few annuals, as well as a beautiful hanging basket, from Lowe's.  So, no big deal.
This was the line outside of Olive Garden, when we arrived.
Fortunately, once they opened the doors, we got in and out in record time for Mother's Day, and the food was just as amazing as ever.
Then, we made a quick stop by Target to pick up a few needed things.  My kiddos had lots of fun pretending to be Avengers ;)...
and I don't know what the attraction is, but Adina thinks she needs a suitcase on wheels.  So funny!
We've been moving furniture around to make our home better fit our needs.  In doing so, we needed to put hardwood floor protectors on a couple of pieces but ran out of the stash we had at home.  So, our trip, to Target, was to pick up those protectors, as well as a new bathroom rug.  We ended up coming home with an additional dressy outfit for Adina, that we found on clearance; a new baseball for Ezekiel; glow sticks, because we can't do without those on family movie night ;); and bubbles, because y'all, it's just that time of year.
Then, we were home for naps, and I got a little time to finish up a project in my creative space (That brown-framed window is still killing me.  Sigh.)...
before taking my kiddos, to the park, to ride bikes.  Everyone else must've had the same idea, because it was absolutely packed with people, but it was so fun to get out and enjoy the sunshine.
We got home just in time for a quick dinner, baths, and time to watch a little Sporting KC before bed.
These are only about half of the pictures that I took yesterday.  So, I'll have to find some time to share the remainder, as well as everything else we've been up to; but I'm thinking it will have to wait until next week, as it's a busy design week here on my blog.  I hope you'll join me for all the fun.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hugs!

8 comments:

Annette said...

glad you had a great weekend.. yard work is always so tiring but well worth it. Amazing how you can spend the entire day working outside. When my husband says it is time to mow and weed eat and mix the sprinklers.. man the day just passes right by and usually have sore muscles after too.. hehe..

looks like you had a great target trip.. have a wonderful week.. :)

Tracy said...

Jam packed as always. LOL You know I don't know if it really works or not, but I saw a post on Facebook that said you could add the glow stick goop to bubble soap and make glow in the dark bubbles. I've been puttering in the yard too and need to take a trip to Lowes to see what pretties I can find. Hope yesterday was full of love and laughter for you. Hugs!

Lynn said...

You were busy but it looks like a fabulous weekend. Love that the sun is finally shining in so many pictures!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day!! Can't believe how PACKED the Olive Garden was!! And Brookie has a BACKPACK for school with the SAME pattern as that luggage she was toting around! LOL!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Love your fab photos. I love Target too. Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa said...

Fun pictures Jinny! So happy you were able to get so much done. I don't know about the Olive Garden line, think I might have turned and ran the other way!! Glad it didn't take long for you ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend with great weather! Thanks for sharing!

Ros Crawford said...

I'm exhausted even reading this! what a busy weekend ... lovely photos ... your children are adorable!