ScrapFriends Monthly Sketch #13 & Colour Palette #12

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Good morning!  I know this is my usual day to post for Color Combos Galore, but we're a little back-logged over there.  Last week's CCG242 is now officially live, and we're told CCG243 will be so this coming Monday.  Please be sure to stop by and check out all the inspiration we've all worked so hard to bring you.  Anyway, I'm feeling a little glum today.  It's cold and rainy again, and a number of situations, over the last couple of days, have my spirits down.  So, I thought I'd use today to share this silly page of my littlest.  It's sure to bring back the sunshine :).
I started this layout by piecing 2" wide strips, in the pattern shown above, onto the base page and machine stitching, with black-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between their connections.  A little, black polka dot and ruler Washi Tape, across the top and bottom, frames the design.  I then matted my photographs with Whisper White cardstock; adhered them in their respective locations; and layered in lots of yummy papers, many of which were anchored with more black-threaded, machine stitching; punched goodies; tags; and even a heavy, white doily.  The far right photo was then flanked by both "hello there!"...
and "PHOTO DATE:" Aug. 22, 2012 tags, the first of which was anchored with a simple staple.
The floral, "life" flashcard was then backed with a white, paper doily; topped with both an "I treasure these moments spent with loved ones" tag and a onyx, Polaroid frame, which I secured with a trio of staples; and adhered to the left of my photo row.
A yellow, polka dot pennant, upon which I journaled, Believe it or not, these photos were not posed.  You are just that silly, and we love every ounce of YOU! was stapled to the right of the Polaroid cluster, and a smattering of black pearls rounds out the bulk of the design.
Finally, the "UR my SUNshine" title was created from black alphas and yellow, glitter Thickers and followed by a Cameo-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, "always".
Inspiration for this page came from ScrapFriends' Monthly Sketch Inspiration #13...
and Colour Palette Challenge #12.
Thanks, as always, for stopping by!  Have a wonderfully blessed Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Whisper White & ivory text (SU); gray & yellow damask & yellow medallion (Authentique); yellow chevron & onyx chevron (My Mind's Eye); chevron vellum (Studio Calico); vintage text (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); black pearls (Want 2 Scrap); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); staples & stapler (office supply store); heavy paper doily (Martha Stewart); white paper doily (Hobby Lobby); "I treasure these moments spent with loved ones", "this moment i want to remember", "hello there!", and "PHOTO DATE:" tags (Elle's Studio); Spiral punch (SU); Polaroid frame (Studio Calico); floral "life" flashcard (Webster's Pages); yellow polka dot pennant (My Mind's Eye); black alphas (Basic Grey); yellow glitter Thickers (American Crafts); "always" & Cameo (Silhouette); black polka dot Washi Tape (K&Company); black ruler Washi Tape (Queen & Co.)

19 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This even makes me smile!! It's fabulous ... the photos and the sun ray ... I love the rose too ... such a perfect touch

blsd2scrp said...

this is such an amazing layout! the bright energy is really great!

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh I just love the photos and all the yellow and the bold chevron design, what a ray of sunshine the layout is....just like Adina!

Lynn said...

Hello my friend, I hope your week gets better quickly. Sending you hugs from Ohio. Adina's sweet smile absolutely brightens mine.

Annette said...

oh how she loves her bugs.. this is too cute..

So sorry you are glum today. Cheer up sweet friend.. I hope that your day gets better. Sending you smiles..

Lisa said...

Well if this isn't the bright spot in one's day what else could possibly top it! Look at that silly pumpkin! Love this LO Jinny. I hope you week turns around ~ hugs!!

Ashley Horton said...

How adorable are these photos??!! I love all of the bright, cherry Yellow on your page, Jinny!! It is such a cute layout!! Sorry to hear you've been down. Hoping the rest of the week is better for you!!

Angi Barrs said...

LOOOVE those sweet photos and the yummy yellow!

Jeanne J said...

This sunny layout and your daughters funny face had me smiling from ear to ear - what a character! So glad to see a girl that's not afraid of nature!! Good job mom!

Lizzy Hill said...

You are MORE than welcome re: our SF sketches...we're just super glad you enjoy them!!!!! You certainly used the sketch PERFECTLY here - just fabulous! And I LOOOOVE how you used the colours as well...gorgeous work, & thank you for taking us through your LO step by step....it's nice to REALLY 'see' what you've done::)))))
And hope today is better...I had a sorta weird one yesterday. It happens...I don't have to tell YOU to let go & let God....!!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

She is BRAVER than ME!! LOL!! I would have freaked out!! I am IN LOVE with this! I love love love the colors and the pattern in the background!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh.. my, JInny, these photos are super cute. Love the delightful color combos you used on this fabulous layout. It's just totally fantastic! ^_^

Lene said...

oh...this is soooo cool !!! Love this layout! This pictures made me smile !

Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapfriends.

Kim Ryden said...

This picture is SO STINKIN ADORABLE! Love the layout too and the girl! :)

Sanna Lippert said...

this is a gorgeous layout!! looove the photos too! and the yellow!! really fabulous take! thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!

Tracy said...

This layout is a true treasure. Those pictures are priceless and the wonderful sunny yellows just carry the fun throughout the whole page. Silliness, happiness...it all abounds! Hugs!

Larissa Heskett said...

Okay this is TOO FUNNY/CUTE!! LOVE that her silliness shows through in the pics!! Love the colors and the FUN design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Zeneva said...

How gorgeous! A delightful layout!

Felicity Wilson said...

what cute photos Jinny! Love your work and your blog :)
Thanks for playing at SF :) XO