SIT #110

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hey, y'all!  I'm here today to share Sketches in Thyme's first May sketch.  Here's how I was inspired.
I started this layout by anchoring a number of patterned papers, one of which was punched down its right side and including a red, bike transparency, in different sizes and planes, with brown-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches, to the ink distressed, multi-colored, polka dot, base page.
I then cut a bike wheel, from Black cardstock, with my Cameo; layered it near the center of the layout; and topped it with my photos which were matted with Whisper White cardstock.  The left photo also had a yellow, "FILE THIS UNDER", January 28, 2013 label tucked under its top right edge.
A trio of Whisper White, cardstock strips house my journaling, which reads, You were so excited, maybe even more proud, of your new wheels, even if they were hand-me-downs from your big brother.
The "wheels" title was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and glittered, before a number of bits and baubles, from red gemstones and green and yellow, glitter gems to green brads and buttons, laced with white string, as well as blue Dahlias and stamped, in Jet Black ink, on red, polka dot, patterned paper, hand cut stars.  
Further inspiration for this layout came from Life. Paper. Scrapbook.'s Colour Challenge #3.
And here's this week's Challenge #110 sketch, which I've rotated 90 degrees to the left, to get you started.
Don't forget that you have until the close of the month, on Friday, May 31, 2013, to link up your takes, in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog, to be in the running to guest design with us for the month of July.  Thanks so much for stopping byHave an amazing day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Outline Alphabet (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: Black (Wplus9); Whisper White & blue chevron (SU); multicolored polka dot & red polka dot (My Mind's Eye); woodgrain (Crate Paper); yellow floral (October Afternoon); green houndstooth (Authentique); bike transparency (Hambly) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark) sewing machine (Janome); bike wheel cut file & Cameo (Silhouette); Dazzling Diamonds, blue Dahlias, Scalloped punch, & green button blossom (SU); white string (Hobby Lobby); red gemstones & yellow & green glitter gems (Paper Studio); green brads (My Mind's Eye); red button (JoAnn Fabrics); yellow "FILE THIS UNDER" label (Jenni Bowlin)

19 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh so fun! I love the big circle element, that perfect transparency paper and the glittery alphas, and of course her happy happy smile!

Ros Crawford said...

How fabulous!! I love that row of cycles!

Ashley Horton said...

This page is too cute, Jinny!! Love that large circle gear in the background and that Bicycle transparency is so fab!! Really cute photos and I love the scattered brads!

Linda R said...

What a sweet page my friend. Your daughter is so adorable. What a cute photo of her.

Hugs~

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the buttons and the bike overlay!! And I have a question for you and can't find your email addy... can you email me?? bmwgirl@cox.net :)

Lynn said...

can I please hire you to do my scrapbook layouts? Your talent never ceases to amaze me Jinny!

Tracy said...

You carried the bike theme so wonderfully throughout the whole page Jinny. The tire cut out is really fun. Fantastic layout! Hugs!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love your fun and happy page! Awesome layout!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It's a wonderful creation! So much fun too!

Kim Ryden said...

I am loving the bicycles right now! SO CUTE!

Annette said...

so fun and i love how you added the little bikes.. great layout..

Lisa said...

How FUN Jinny! I love the "wheels" and all of the teeny bikes. Very cute page. I spy some SU flower buttons in there...I hoard mine LOL I just can't bear to part with them!

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous. Adding the bike wheel is genius!

Larissa Heskett said...

Oh WOW!! How FUN is this!! I LOVE the Giant Wheele and those pics are Priceless!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Louise Beerens said...

What a super-fun layout- I love your use of our challenge colours- thanks for joining s at LPS!

Marielle said...

Super cute layout !!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at LPS !!!

Lucia said...

stunning! thanx for playing along at LPS :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome page Jinny. Love the colors, the big circle elements... and all the embellishments... the overlay looks great!

Leanne said...

This is too precious! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at LPS..x