TCM: Side by Side

Saturday, May 18, 2013

I'm back with more May goodies from The Craft's Meow, to start your weeks out right, y'all!  Today's stamp set is called Side by Side and was designed by the ever so talented Karen Baker.  Check it out!
I started this card by stamping the blossoms, in a repetitive pattern, across the bottom edge of a piece of aqua, designer, patterned paper; paper-piecing them with pink stripe and green, flourish, patterned papers; topping the resulting piece with both soft green polka dot and floral and aqua, stripe, patterned papers; adhering it to the White, cardstock, card face; and machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the edges and between all paper connections.
A white paper doily was then adhered just below the top of the center, patterned, paper panel and topped with a length of white, seam binding ribbon, tied in a dressy bow and embellished with an aqua brad, backed with a white, chord bow.
The stamped, in Jet Black ink, in the bottom center of the center, patterned, paper panel, "Happy Anniversary, Your love is an inspiration to all others." sentiment completes the look.  I cannot tell you how much I adore this happy, little, fine font.   Yum!
Thanks, as always, for stopping by!   Be sure to leave some love, on the TCM Store Blog, by 8 pm PST tonight, for your chance to win today's stamp set.  Have a blessed Sunday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Side by Side (TCM) Paper: White (Wplus9); all patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); white chord (Hobby Lobby); designer brad (My Mind's Eye)

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous Jinny!! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

This is so Beautiful!! I LOVE the border idea!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Lynn said...

Wow! Yet again you are knocking these new sets out of the park. I love how you created the floral pattern.

Karen B. said...

Wow so beautiful Jinny!

Ros Crawford said...

Love those paper pieced flowers ... and your gorgeous bow ... such a beautiful card

Angi Barrs said...

Fab design! I love the repetitive pattern stamping & that bow too!

Jean Bullock said...

I LOVE IT! (Times ten.)

Wendy AppleApricot said...

Beautiful card Jinny, love the happy colours and the beautiful flower. Hugs, Wendy

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GOOOOODNESS me! I love this card, Jinny! I love those papers-- LOVE that beautiful design with the flowers!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your bow (you know I get jealous when I look at your bows!!! They are PERFECT!!!!!!!!!)!!!! FAB:)

ps... I'm emailing soon with a code:) I sent an email to Kim!! FINALLY!!!!!! <3

Charlene said...

So stunning!!!!!

Lisa said...

This is simply delightful Jinny! I love the row of sweet paper pieced blooms. Your stitching is always perfection and your bow...scrumptious!

Jeanne J said...

Gorgeous Jinny - I have a new found respect for paper piecing. This is wonderful with the stitching and that yummy bow!