TCM: Wildflowers

Friday, May 17, 2013

Welcome back to another day filled with new goodies from The Craft's Meow!  Today we're sharing creations inspired by another new beauty, Wildflowers.  Here's mine.
I started this card by  stamping a piece of Oatmeal cardstock, in Jet Black ink, with the floral image; paper-piecing the blossoms, with red polka dot and green, stripe, patterned papers, to give them color; and adding a bit of shine, to the stamens, with a Gelly Roll pen.
I then trimmed it, across its bottom edge, with a strip of multi-colored, floral, patterned paper; ink distressed their combined edges; framed them with a piece of Lake House cardstock; and machine stitched, with red-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges, as well as a couple of places in the top corners.  The space above the patterned paper was then wrapped with a length of red, gingham ribbon, tied, in a bow, near the left edge of the prepped piece and embellished with a red button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
After adhering the prepped piece, with foam tape, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face, I stamped the "God sweetens outward pain with inner peace.  THOMAS WATSON" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, on a gold-framed label, which was then adhered, with foam tape, to the right of the embellished bow.
Finally, I stamped and paper pieced the hummingbird image in Jet Black ink and with Oatmeal cardstock and an aqua, diamond, patterned paper; hand cut it out; and adhered it, in its respective location, with foam tape.
Be sure to leave some love, on the TCM Store Blog, by 8 pm PST tonight, for your chance to win today's stamp set.  Thanks, as always, for stopping by!  Now, get out there and enjoy your Saturday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Wildflowers (TCM) Paper: Kraft, Oatmeal, & Lake House (Wplus9); multi-colored floral (Basic Grey); aqua diamond (SU); red polka dot (My Mind's Eye); green stripe (American Crafts) Ink: Tea Dye, Antique Linen, & Jet Black (Ranger) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Gelly Roll pen (Sakura); gold label (Martha Stewart); gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); red button (JoAnn Fabrics); hemp twine (Creative Impressions)

21 comments:

Annette said...

wow you are so Rocking these stamps.. this is STUNNING.. i love it..

MichelleZ said...

Gorgeous card! I really like it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and that hummingbird!!!

Deirdre said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colour mix, paper piecing and gorgeous ribbon detail. Whole card has a lovely warm tone to it.

Maureen Merritt said...

This is just stunning! Your paper piercing is PERFECT, how did you do that?!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh wow1 This is beautiful! I love the richness of those flowers ...

Lin said...

Jinny, I LOVE the papers you chose for your card today!! Really makes the set shine!

Lynn said...

I love the sentiment. It is beautiful and your paper piecing on this card is absolutely stunning!

Pam W Merwin said...

This is gorgeous! I love the boldness of the flowers and the softness of the bird - so sweet - AND what wonderful paper across the bottom! Will have to put this on my wish list :)

Jeanne J said...

Wow! First I was smitten with all the bright colors (I'm not so unlike that little bird there) and then upon closer inspection - all that paper piecing - a labor of love indeed my friend! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Patrice said...

Love the punch of red!

Lisa said...

Jinny this is a fave of mine! I love your sweet paper pieced blooms and the pretty floral dp! Very very pretty little card!

Angi Barrs said...

Every detail is fabulous. Love the paper piecing and the polka dots.

Jean Bullock said...

Love that double stitching. Great techniques on this card. Very pleasing to the eye. I think it could be framed and hung. Well done!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Fantastic piecing and I love the stitching and paper choices!

Stephanie said...

Jinny,
Such a beautiful card! I love the stitching, the colors, the ribbon, the sentiment. Everything is just perfect.

Tracy said...

Awesome paper choices for the piecing and I WILL be stealing the stitching idea. The double rows look so cool! Fantastic card Jinny! Hugs!

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing Jinny!! I love the Black stamping for the flower and the way you paper pieced it with the Red polka dot paper! And the little touch of gingham ribbon is adorable!

Larissa Heskett said...

Okay this is such a STRIKING Design!! I LOVE hoe BEAUTIFUL the stamp is paper pieced!! then how it pops when you pair it with the floral patterned paper!! Just AMAZING!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW! This card takes my breath away! I LOOOOOOOVE the ribbon/twine-- LOVE the stitching! YOU MUST MUST MUST give a tutorial on which sewing machine you use, thread, and how you make it so beautiful! LOVE:)

FAB card! I'm always amazed when I stop by here:) LOVE!

Petti said...

Your floral cards are so pretty!