CCG248

Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Monday, folks!  Nothing too exciting to share.  It's been super hot, and I feel like that has zapped a lot of my energy.  I've been taking naps, along with my littlest, in the afternoons, as it's just too hot to do anything else.  But I've been trying to use some of my mornings and evenings to get creative, and that led to the creation of a pretty, little page, using nearly the last of my baby girl's birth pics and the latest inspiration board from Color Combos Galore.  Check it out!
I started this page by anchoring a couple of patterned papers, with soft-blue-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches, to the ink distressed and textured, blue, cardstock, base page.  The envelope was created by simply taking apart a purchased one that I liked the shape of and using it as a template to make the one you see here from a blue, floral, patterned paper.
I then die cut the circle closures from White cardstock, grounded them with silver eyelets, and wrapped them up with a little Stone twine.  It houses a handful of pics that help tell the story of my daughter's birth but aren't particularly ones that she'd want her friends or future husband to see displayed in an album (ie the knot she tumbled and twisted her umbilical chord into; her naked, little, swollen body on display for all to see; her angry cries at the nurse for all the poking and prodding she was inflicting upon her; and the first time I nursed her in the hospital).  There's also a photo of me talking to someone on the phone while holding her.  I remember my Mom handing it to me, but I was so tired and dazed, I have no idea who it was.  If I happen to remember who it was, I might create a page with it; but until then, it's just a distant memory ;).  A gray, polka dot flag, upon with I gave myself a little, Photos Enclosed reminder, was then tucked under one of my photographs, both of which were matted with Whisper White cardstock, and grounded, at its left end, with a bit of "MY SWEET LOVE" flair.
Just under that photograph I adhered a "happy", floral flashcard, which I highlighted with a "HELLO", veneer Polaroid...
as well as a big, bold, fabric blossom, which was dressed up with a soft blue button, laced with Stone twine; trimmed with a couple of suede leaves and a Basic Gray, taffeta ribbon, tied in a bow; and grounded with a strip of "LOVE" tickets.
I then tucked a perforated, kraft, journaling card, upon which I wrote, Words can not describe how much I adore and love you already, beautiful girl.  11.08, in between my two photographs...
and topped off the design with a gray tag, laced with a Stone twine bow and a soft blue, cardstock, "joy", sticker title, which I dressed up with a hint of glitter.
Further inspiration for this layout came from Lasting Memories' Challenge #148: Country Charm and Paper Secrets' July 1st Challenge with a textured paper background twist.
And here's this week's Inspiration Board #248 to get you going in the right direction.
I was inspired by Inspiration Photo #3 to Focus on Journaling: About a Specific Time or Date, this being my daughter's birth.  Inspiration Photo #1 encouraged me to tie in a bit of twine and Inspiration Photo #2 a big, bold blossom.  Finally, I was inspired to incorporate a bit of flair, as well as a wood veneer element, by Inspiration Photo #4.  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a terrific, work week, y'all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: White (Wplus9); Whisper White & blue floral (SU); texture blue (Bazzill); pistachio floral (Webster's); peach designer (Crate Paper) Ink: Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: blue thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, silver eyelets, "LOVE" ticket strip, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); Stone twine (The Twinery); blue "joy" cardstock sticker (Pebbles, Inc.); "Received of" perforated & gray tags (JBS); blue button (Paper Studio); "MY SWEET LOVE" flair (findingnana); gray polka dot pennant (Elle's Studio); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Lacey Layers die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); wood veneer "HELLO" Polaroid (Freckled Fawn); floral "happy" flashcard (Webster's) white knit bloom & suede leaves (Maya Road)

21 comments:

Michele said...

Perfect country colors Jinny! And such a beautiful layout! I really love it!!! You are making me feel better... I have pics from 2006 from my son's birth and the whole first year. I think I have 3 layouts done for him that year. It's hard to scrap backwards. I want to scrap the here and now. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week! Love it to pieces!!
Michele
LMDT

blsd2scrp said...

a really lovely layout! love the elements and details!

Denise Pustelniak said...

This a gorgeous LO! Love all the layering and what a perfect job you did with the sketch!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a precious page Jinny. Love the elements, the papers... the flower is gorgeous and that hello frame is just super cool.

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness (how often do I say that when I stop by?!)...this layout is beautiful and so heartfelt. Gorgeous memories of Adina! xoxo

Ashley Horton said...

Really gorgeous page Jinny! Love these soft colors and the way you incorporated the envelope! And I love the contrasting texture from the soft flowers and the wood veneers Polaroid!

Lisa said...

Beautiful LO Jinny!! I'm swooning over the sweet little bloom and that adorable wooden polaroid! Precious photos too ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo beautiful Jinny! I love love love the colors, those precious photos and loveeeeeeeee that flower!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

What precious photos! Gorgeous layout, loving all the layering of the embellishments, great choices!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful LO! Simply gorgeous, love the mix of patterns and the pocket for extra photos. Just gorgeous!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is so gorgeous! Well done - I love it!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so precious ... every details is perfect ... you are so wonderful at doing these pages ...

Haven_mom4 said...

beautifully done, fantastic details and layers. Love it all. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories

Meihsia Liu said...

What a precious layout! Jinny. The photos are so sweet and all the layers of designer paper are so beautiful! Love the pretty stitching, too. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How adorable and I am loving the sweet elements you build around the photo, thanks for those close-ups, it is really wonderful to look at beautiful things up close!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous! Love the addition of the envelope you created. You're so smart. :-)

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! I LOVE this such a Sweet Layout!! You look so Beautiful after just giving birth!! ;) thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! :)

Karen Wilson said...

Oh Jinny, this just steals my heart! This page is gorgeous and deserves to be framed on your daughter's wall. I love all the elements, everything. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Barb Murphy said...

absolutely beautiful!

Darcy said...

Such a beautiful layout to remember the day. Thank you for sharing with us at Lasting Memories.

Fi said...

Beautiful page Jinny, these colours were perfect for those precious photos and great take on the sketch.