Family Update

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Good morning, y'all!  I hope you're all having fruitful weeks.  I've been feeling a bit under the weather, so just trying to keep up with my kiddos, who never seem to slow down, and the rest of my household has had me consumed, but I do have a few pics to share of some of the other things that have been keeping us busy this summer.  Adina got a book, in the mail, from Grandma, just for the fun of it...
and Ezekiel couldn't possibly let anyone else read it before him.  LOL!  Are all firstborns as controlling as mine?  But, at least, they were getting along for 10 minutes.  Ha!
Trying to beat the heat one day, I dragged my kiddos over to Loose Park Sprayground.  They so badly wanted to go to the pool, but we just couldn't swing a pool pass this year and were pushing to make it until our next paycheck.  So, this was the alternative, since it's FREE.  Fortunately, no matter how much they complained beforehand, they had a blast and forgot all about the pool in the first five minutes, especially since we also ran into some friends we hadn't seen in awhile.  Yay!
I already shared lots of pics from my big kiddos' birthday celebration, but I also wanted to show off his fun thank yous.  I'm not the biggest fan of duplicating designs, and after putting lots of energy into the planning of birthdays, this just seems to work much better for us.
And finally, last week, we closed out another season of baseball.  The boys (and girl) had a tough ending with back to back losses, but I think they all learned lots and had fun in the process, and that's what really matters.
I'm off to do a little cleaning and water our poor, crispy lawn.  Then, I've promised Ezekiel a trip to the movies for far too long.  So, we're off to see the matinee of Monster's University.  So fun!  Thanks so much for peeking in on us.  I'll be back, tomorrow, to share this month's For the Love of Books pick.  Then, I'll close out the week with my Friday Faves.  Until then, have a wonderfully blessed Wednesday!

12 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Loved seeing pics of your kiddos, Jinny. They are precious. Your son is looking more grown up, stretching upwards. Hope you feel better, my friend!

Lynn said...

Hope you have a great time at the movies today. Love the fabulous thank you notes and adorable pictures! We leave on vacation tomorrow - can't wait!

Miriam Prantner said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great summer.....my firstborn is a tyrant too! ;)

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear you're under the weather Jinny. Honestly this heat we've had can really zap a person. thank goodness we woke up to a cool morning. A high today of only 70, we need the break!! Sweet pics of the kids (as always!), looks like they didn't miss the pool at all. Enjoy the movie and say hi to Sully for me ;)

alexandra s.m. said...

What a sweet post Jinny!
Thank You~

Ashley Horton said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Jinny!! But I can relate...my kids are non-stop, anytime they are awake!!

Tracy said...

LOL Kids and water work in whatever form. :-) More wonderful pics Jinny. Thanks for sharing them. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos and I adore that Thank you card!

Annette Allen said...

such a sweet family post.. thanks for sharing..

Anya said...

Awesome pictures! Seems like your summer is full of fun!

Larissa Heskett said...

Always ejnjoy your updates and the pics you share!! such a great time of the year for so many Fun Adventures!! thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!! Feel better!!!!