Guest Designing with Life. Paper. Scrapbook.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Note: If you've come here looking for my SIT #118 and/or TCM: Vintage Baby post(s), please scroll down.

I'm just thrilled to be here today guest designing with the talented team that is Life. Paper. Scrapbook.!  They've given me an absolutely gorgeous palette to work with.  So, how about we just take a look at what I've cooked up?
I started this layout by stamping my watercolor, base page, in Tempting Turquoise ink, with the paint splatters; inking through a star template, with White ink, for a kind of ghost effect; penning on the chevron details, using a template; and embossing another set of stars, through that same template as above, with Pool Party powder.  I then adhered a couple of strips of patterned papers, which were torn across the edges pointing into the design, to both the top and bottom edges of the layout and anchored them, with gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches, in a frame, running all the way around the outside edges of my page.
A tag, laced with a Stone twine bow was tucked under the top left edge of that torn paper and dressed up with one, special, little, handmade number from my sweet friend Annette's new adventure, anchored with a little white string.
A hand-cut, "MONDAY" flag was grounded with the stamped, in Jet Black ink, "photographed on JUL 23 2012" date stamp.
I then adhered a bunch of hand-cut, from a variety of color-coordinating, patterned papers and vellum, triangles in and filling the right side of the layout; cut a trio of rings from more patterned paper; and anchored the latter with gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches...
before placing my photos, the center of which was lifted with foam tape, and the bottom of which had a "9 years" label stitched to its bottom left corner.
Finally, I stamped my "The Sweet Taste of Summer" title in Jet Black ink; adhered the "relaxation" sticker just below it; and scattered a few more color-coordinating buttons, laced with white string, as well as a couple handfuls of Rain Dots, throughout.
Further inspiration for this layout came from Scrapfriends' Sketch Challenge #15.
And here's LPS's July Colour Challenge to get your creative juices flowing.
Don't forget to stop by the challenge link above for all the details surrounding the LPS challenge, and thanks so much for stopping by!  Thanks, too, to Manda and the entire LPS Design Team for having me this month.  It's such an honor!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sweet Taste of Summer (TCM); paint splatters (JBS); date (Dear Lizzy) Paper: turquoise chevron & teal wave (SU); yellow diamond, gray gingham, & teal floral (October Afternoon); yellow squares (Basic Grey); dark gray polka dot (Authentique); light gray polka dot (American Crafts); yellow text and alphabet (JBS); watercolored (BoBunny); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: White (Wplus9); Tempting Turquoise (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); circle template (Fiskars); tag (Kraft Outlet); Stone twine (The Twinery); white button (My Clever Creations); yellow button & chevron & star templates (JBS); white string (Hobby Lobby); "MONDAY" flag (My Mind's Eye); Rain Dots (Cloud 9); Pool Party embossing powder & aqua & turquoise buttons (SU); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); "relaxation" sticker (Phrase Cafe); aqua framed label (October Afternoon)

15 comments:

Anya said...

Your pages are so full of life! Love it!

Lisa said...

This is an absolutely perfect summer LO Jinny! I'm in love with the soft aquas and the buttery yellows. OUTSTANDING as always my sweet friend ;)

alexandra s.m. said...

Fantastic layout Jinny!
Love the colors, the wonderful details and overall sense of movement!
Thank You~

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Congrats on the GDT! Wonderful details and fantastic page! Love your takes on both the sketch and the colour challenge! WTG!:)

Jennifer said...

You so make me want to start scrapbooking again...your pages are so much fun and so detailed! One day I will...Thanks for the inspiration!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful! I'm loving the kind of crazy quilted look you got with the triangles!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

How do you do it? I need to visit you and interview you, as well as sit and watch you! LOOOOOOOOOVE this page-- great use of stitching, graphic design, and papers! LOVE it all!

Annette Allen said...

wow congrats on the Guest Design... your amazing.. this layout is so cute..

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is full of cuteness... brilliant take with that color palette too!

Larissa Heskett said...

Oh wow!! Your layout is Awesome!! Matches up witg the challenge perfectly!! I love the fun design abd all of your added elements!! Great pics too!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

Lizzy Hill said...

Heehee! This is FUNNY ...I was GD'ing over at LPS too...& of course, I did this page at SF too..but I didn't think to combine them....& this is absolutely MARVELLOUS.....great take on the sketch & such FUN elements....gosh, you're a fab scrapper...thanks for sharing with us at SF:):)

Ashley Horton said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot, Jinny!! So excited for you! You did a beautiful job with the color scheme, and I love how you used the Triangles on your page!

Tracy said...

My jaw is on the floor girl. I think I'm going to have to start keeping a notebook of idea from you so I can get around to trying them all. LOL You inspire me so much. Hugs!

Jasmine S said...

Gorgeous work and you have used both challenges beautifully.

Leeann Pearce said...

I love this is awesome!!!! thanks for playing too!