Weekend Snapshots

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hey, y'all!  We've been out and about, trying to beat the heat, at the splash park; but I wanted to take today to share a little of all the busyness that our holiday weekend entailed, beginning with my kiddos all decked out for the 4th of July.
We spent most of the day running errands and getting ready for Ezekiel's birthday party on the 5th but stopped everything for a yummy dinner of chicken and veggie shish kabobs, homemade dinner rolls, garden fresh salad, and patriotic Jell-O desserts.
Then, Ezekiel entertained us with a barrage of colored smoke...
and catching fireflies...
before Adina joined in with poppers and sparklers.  It was so fun to watch them playing and enjoying every minute of the holiday.
And believe it or not, Adina did finally make it through her dessert, just before bedtime ;).
Then, on Friday, my family, including my parents, my sisters and their families, and my brother and his beautiful wife, joined us for Ezekiel's tenth birthday celebration.  We enjoyed a delicious dinner of pulled pork, coleslaw, potato salad, chips, and watermelon, which I completely forgot to take pictures of, and Ezekiel was spoiled with all kinds of fun gifts.
Oh!  And my card WAS a big hit.  Yay!
He asked for my Triple Layer Lemon Cake and homemade ice-cream for dessert.
Then, we loaded everyone up with peanuts, candy bars, and glow sticks, before heading out to the Royals game to continue the celebration.
They lost 3-6, but it was such a memorable night, which ended with a beautiful, fireworks display, just being together.
Saturday was my hubby and my 12th Anniversary, and I got this beautiful display of roses.  We're hoping to get to officially celebrate a little later this month.
Then, Sunday was Ezekiel's real birthday, so he picked lunch, at Texas Roadhouse, after church; and we embarrassed him thoroughly, which he was not happy about, but he humored us anyway ;).
And finally, I just had to throw in a couple pics of my kiddos, just enjoying their summer, on the slip 'n slide.
That last one isn't my kiddo, but she's definitely family ;).  It was a super busy weekend, and I apologize, in advance, because it's going to show here on my blog this week.  But I've got lots of fun stuff coming your way first thing next week, including a fabulous new release from The Craft's Meow.  Until next time, try to stay cool, and get out there and enjoy what's left of your summers.  We're just over a month from our first day of school, which means I need to get our curriculum in order, and it's about time to go school shopping.  So fun!  Have a good one, friends!  Hugs!

17 comments:

MichelleZ said...

Looks like you've been having a wonderful time with your family. Those are the times we treasure the most. And it also looks like you put together an awesome meal. YUM! Those parfaits look delicious!

Lynn said...

Looks like an absolutely wonderful weekend. Love the smiles on everyone's faces. Happy birthday again to Ezekiel!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy birthday and Happy Anniversary! I am loving all the photos!! Looks like you had a GREAT weekend!!!!

Lisa said...

TFS with us Jinny! Your holiday and birthday celebrations looked like loads of fun and happiness! God Bless you and your family my sweet friend!

alexandra s.m. said...

wow! talking about a joyful busy week-end celebration!
Amazing! Thank You for sharing so generously...
do you know that my first baseball game was a Royals game? yep, my host family from Olathe took me when I was 16 ;-)

Tracy said...

Ah yes, school time necessities. Hope that goes well for you. Great pics and it looks like Ezekiel's b-day was a hit all round. Happy belated anniversary.. I'm running behind again so I'll tel you that your last two card projects were outstanding as always. Hope to be back up to speed soon. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Happy Anniversary!! And thanks so much for sharing these fab photos ... sounds like you all had a wonderful time

Angi Barrs said...

Fun photos! Those festive desserts look yummy!

Ashley Horton said...

Glad your family had such a fun weekend Jinny, and looks like your son had a great birthday! That dessert looks really yummy!! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a whole lot of fun there Jinny, oh yes, that jello, so yummy looking, I bet it is yummy tasting too!
You have a beautiful family, and happy belated anniversary!!!!!

Charlene said...

OMGosh you have been busy but looks like such a fantastic time!!! And time with family is great!! Your [ics make me smile!! Happy Anniversary and a very happy Birthday to Ezekiel!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Great photos!!! Happy B'day and Anniversary! Yay!! :D

Maria said...

Awww...just love looking at your family photos...so sweet and fun!!! Looks like you had a great 4th!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Cool pictures... looks like it was a fun week! :)

Jeanne J said...

Life is good!!! You captured so many perfect shots that tell the story - everything looks wondeful and you brought back lots of my own memories as well! The colorful smoke bombs were my son's fave too - now he says he is too old!

yyam said...

Such happy shots! Glad you are enjoying your summer Jinny!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING your FUN Family PICS!! Looks all was AMAZING and FUN!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)