CCG Flashback Week 3

Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's time for another flashback week at Color Combos Galore.  We're taking a look back to the inspiration board's from 2011 for this week's designs.  Here's how I was inspired.
I started this layout by layering a number of gold, star rubons; vintage, ledger paper; sheet of cheesecloth; Cameo-cut bit of vellum; and a blue, stripe, patterned paper, which I anchored with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches near the bottom of that fabulous, chalkboard, base page.  It was so hard to cover up one ounce of it.  LOVE!
I then stamped the sunshine background, in Crumb Cake ink, on a piece of Oatmeal cardstock and tucked it in behind my row of photographs.  Three of those photographs were matted with Whisper White cardstock and one was framed with a sandy-colored Polaroid and dressed up with a "me" sticker.
A Cameo-cut wave anchors the right side of the design...
and my "Beginner" title, which was created from blue alphas, grounds the whole design.  I cut that backwards e from the letter u.  It just seemed to fit the occasion ;).
A gray tag, upon which I journaled, This was my first time wake boarding, and I hope it's not my last, was laced with a bit of blue butcher's twine, tied in a bow, and backed with a die-cut, from White cardstock, frame, which I also ink distressed and glittered.
A white button, laced with hemp twine, as well as a star, epoxy brad, point our direction to the top of the layout...
where you'll find a "YOU ARE HERE" label, which I've used to jot down a few, Lake of the Ozarks, July 27, 2010, details, as well as a "be positive." pennant, anchored with a sweet, little, anchor button.  Both the latter and the fun, camera, paper clip are my latest Freckled Fawn treasures.  LOVE!
Further inspiration for this layout came from The Studio's August Multiple Photos Challenge.  I'm also linking it up to The Memory Nest's Whimsical Wednesday #8.  And here's my chosen 2011 Inspiration Board #196.
This layout fulfills my commitment as a Designer for CCG, and with all the new going on in my life, I've decided that it's time to step away for now.  I've had so much fun along the way and will always love Janet's detailed inspiration boards.  I'm sure I'll find some time to play along in the future, but for now, I must say goodbye and thank you, to Janet, for having given me this amazing opportunity.  Thanks so much, too, to you all, for all your lovely comments on my CCG posts, and I hope that you'll continue with me on my creative journey.  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Here Comes the Sun (Market Street Stamps) Paper: Whisper White (SU); White & Oatmeal (Wplus9); chalkboard (Pebbles, Inc.); blue stripe & stitched (American Crafts); vintage ledger (JBS); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Crumb Cake (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Clear Cut Stackers: Rounded Rectangles die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); wave cut file (Echo Park); seal cut file, gray tag, blue butcher's twine, & "YOU ARE HERE" label (JBS); Cameo (Silhouette); cheesecloth (Dritz); Dazzling Diamonds & white button (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); "be positive." pennant & gold star rubons (Pink Paislee); anchor button & camera paper clip (Freckled Fawn); star epoxy brad (Paper Studio); blue alphas (BoBunny); Polaroid (Studio Calico); "me" sticker (Jillibean Soup)

20 comments:

Lynn said...

What a great layout...love the colors and the fabulous pictures!

Lisa said...

FUN FUN pictures Jinny and I love the LO!! I'm sure they'll miss you, but you have to take care of yourself first.

Leslie Germain said...

Love what you did with this layout, Jinny. Great use of the colors. Love the background and how you layered everything else. Stop by and share it on Whimsical Wednesday.
Leslie :)
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I love love love that subway/chalk background and loveeeeeee the photos!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Jinny, this is awesome!!! Love that background paper with your beach photos, and the Cameo cut wave looks great!! Such an eye-catching layout!

alexandra s.m. said...

Fantastic page!
I love all the movement you managed to create!
Thanks Jinny!

Tracey Sabella said...

Fabulous page!! Love the B/W background. I wouldn't think to use these colors for a beach page, but they are perfect here! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Chantal Vandenberg said...

What a great layout! Love this so much! :D

~amy~ said...

What a fabulous layout! wow!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome.. see when i need inspiration for layouts i know just where to come..

Have a wonderful weekend..

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness this is fabulous!! I love the chalkboard background and the style and colours you chose are a wonderful compliment to the photos ... beautifully done!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Absolutely wonderful layout! I love your take on thus challenge! Everything about your page is simply awesome!!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fun layout! Love that colour combo.:)

Larissa Heskett said...

Oh WOW!! This is AWESOME Jinny!! I LOVE the FUN Design with all of your added little elements!! SO FUN and right on trend!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

Tracy said...

You sure have found some wonderful ways to put that Cameo to work. Love the wave cut. Lots of fun and another amazing layout Jinny! Hugs!

~Tammy~ said...

Love your background paper and colors!

Shirl Boughner said...

Jinny, such a great layout. So sorry you are leaving the design team at ColorCombos. Will miss your weekly layouts but hope to still see you posting when you can. I'll keep up to date with you via your blog which I enjoy and watching your kids growing up.
take care and God bless!
gosh, we haven't even seen 2012 posted as a challenge and you've got 2011 done. I'm behind again.

Leslie Germain said...

Thank you for linking up Jinny!

Katherine (sutty) said...

Super page Jinny, I love that background and all the photos - beautiful:)

pysselpetra said...

very strendy and very pretty ♥ Thanks for playing at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra