One More July Pub

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hey, friends, and happy Saturday!  I just wanted to pop back in here super fast, because I completely forgot to share yesterday that I also had my first wee little number published in Paper Crafts, on page 92, in Birthday Creations: Vol. 3, last month.  Woohoo!

This was my first time submitting, but I can already assure you that there won't be a lot of these.  I will have one more to share next month, but I find it super difficult to keep up with all the new lines, when I've got so much of the old, that I still adore, sitting in my creative space.  Plus, my budget simply can't afford it.  But that's something Paper Crafts prides itself in.  Not to mention, usually, when I flip through a magazine, I can pick out my favorite designers and friends, just by the style of their creation, without even reading their names, but I can't do that with Paper Crafts.  They seem to lean towards more CAS designs, and we all know that's simply not me ;).  And to design for that particular style, just to be published, isn't really my cup of tea.  I'd much rather stick with what makes me happy.

Anyway, I know you all didn't ask for a big explanation on all that, but I felt like sharing anyway.  Tee hee!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous rest of your weekend!

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats Jinny this is lovely!!

Tenia Nelson said...

I sooooo LURVED this card in the MAG!!!!! This card was one of my faves......for reals!! :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Another beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about paper... I am blessed with a lot but I can't afford to get all the latest either. ;)

Ashley Horton said...

This is gorgeous, Jinny!! Love the Pink with that pretty Teal ribbon!

Annette Allen said...

wow congratulations.. this is gorgeous...

Anya said...

Jinny, this card is stunning! And congats on being published! Liked the explanation too:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the pub!! This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is gorgeous and congrats! Well deserved

I've never submitted to them and you hit all points WHY! I know we have conversed a little in the past about this so I am happy they recognized your talent!!! I believe they need to start broading their "search"! The paper thing is another issue I have as well! So happy for you Jinny this is gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

Congrats!!!!! It's a gorgeous card!

Jill Norwood said...

I love your card Jinny! And CAS isn't really my style either! LOL! I so agree with you post! The joy for me is really in the creative process and in all of the sweet people I meet online who love it as much as I do! Thanks for your sweet inspiration!
Hugs,
Jill

Sharon Fritchman said...

Such a beautiful birthday card! I really love the inspiration you give to all of us, Jinny! GREAT BIG congrats to you for being published!!!!!

Tracy said...

Well congrats on this pub too, but I totally agree with what you said. I love your style just as it is. Don't change a thing. Hugs!

yyam said...

This is really pretty! Congrats on being published!

P/s: Good that you are sticking to your style and not adapting to suit publications!

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME!! Always LOVE seeing your cards and everyone makes me HAPPY!! LOVE all the details as usual!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Angi Barrs said...

Congrats on your pubs. I really love the pink and grey color combo. Gorgeous!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

How lovely!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous Jinny!

alexandra s.m. said...

Bravo Jinny!
You are so talented!!
I love your very feminine card, it's so dreamy...

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Jinny. Love the beautiful colors, that sweet little butterfly... and the cheese cloth!