Wplus9 August/September Release: Day 1

Monday, August 26, 2013

Hey, y'all!  It feels like forever since I've been here.  I know it's only been four days since my last post, but I haven't been able to visit all of you over the last week, either :(.  One thing after another began to go wrong with my computer, until it completely went caput.  It has now been replaced, but the transfer of documents, files, programs, and whatnot has not been very successful.  Our old laptop keeps overheating before the deed is complete, and the external hard drive doesn't always seem to save everything.  My hubby is working so hard on getting things back up to par, but that doesn't give me a lot of time on here.  So, please forgive me and know that I deeply miss you all and so appreciate those of you who have continued to stop by to leave me some love.  I promise that I'll be by soon.

With that said, over the next few days, I get to share, with you all, a bunch of projects, boasting new goodies from the recent Wplus9 Design August/September Release.  All of the stamps and dies you'll see here are currently available in the Wplus9 Design Online Store.  There was simply a delay in getting them out to the Design Team, so we're all sharing how they've inspired us, on the Design Blog, throughout the months of August and September.  Matter of fact, Dawn, Kerrianne, and Jean have already done so.  So, if you missed any of their amazing work, please be sure to stop by the Design Blog right away.  And now, it's my turn.  All the new product links used can be found in my {Supplies & Tools} sections at the end of this post.  Enjoy!
I started this card by stamping the chevron background, in stamped-off, Tempting Turquoise ink, on a piece of White cardstock; adhering it to the White, cardstock, card base; and machine stitching, with turquoise-threaded, straight, machine stitches, around its edges.
I then smudged Pink Bubblegum, Key Lime, and Patina Glimmer Mists onto three, White, cardstock, feather die cuts; adhered them side-by-side in the center of the card face; and used them to ground a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a White, cardstock, banner die cut, "Thank You" sentiment.  Wish you could see that shimmer.
How about another?
I started this card by piecing together the hot air balloon and gold, designer, patterned papers; trimming the space between them with a die-cut strip of White cardstock; and framing the combined bits with both White cardstock and double, gold-threaded, straight, machine stitches, before stamping the bottom left corner, in Jet Black ink, with the "So Grateful FOR YOUR KINDNESS" sentiment.
A length of aqua ribbon was then wrapped, between the hot air balloon, patterned paper and die-cut, cardstock strip, around the card face; tied, in a bow, near the top edge; and embellished with an aqua button, laced with a white, chord bow.  A couple of gold-embossed, on vellum die cuts, feathers prep the piece for the Kraft, cardstock, card face to which it was adhered with foam tape.
I cannot tell you how much fun I've had playing with this release!  Don't you just love those uniquely gorgeous feathers and that font?  Swoon!  And that chevron bit is just the beginning of an amazing new background set that's sure to be a must-have for any stamper.  I'll be back tomorrow to share so much more.  Until then, may your work weeks get off to a great start.  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fanciful Feathers & Borders & Backgrounds 2 (Wplus9) Paper: White (Wplus9) Ink: Tempting Turquoise (SU); Jet Black (Ranger) Other: turquoise thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Fanciful Feathers & Banner Trio dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Pink Bubblegum, Patina, & Key Lime Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fanciful Feathers (Wplus9) Paper: White & Kraft (Wplus9); hot air balloon & gold designer (My Mind's Eye); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Fanciful Feathers & Scalloped Border dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); ribbon, button, & gold embossing powder (SU); white chord (Hobby Lobby)

20 comments:

Anya said...

Awesome cards! I especially love the second one!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

These are gorgeous cards!!

Lynn said...

You are truly rocking all of the new WPlus9 goodies. I love your gorgeous stamping. Computer problems are very frustrating. Hope it all gets worked out soon!

Lisa said...

Awww I sure hope you get it all resolved soon Jinny. I leave all that technical computer stuff to my hubby too. I hope you haven't lost anything important.

Now about these cards...WOW! Love your mix of colors on the first one, a different (but fabulous!) design from you! And the second is gorgeous. A fun balloon background and striking gold feathers!!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous cards...such a pretty stamp release!
ick to computer problems!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful stamping Jinny, you created such gorgeous cards with it. I haven't used this set yet but you are inspiring me to.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about the problems with the computer!! YIKES!! I love love love love your cards!! LOVING the colors and those feathers!!! Beautiful!!!

Annette Allen said...

those darn computers... they tend to act up every now and then... I am glad you got it replaced. I was wondering where you have been..

You know you really make these stamps and dies shine.. that first card is stunning.. so inspiring..

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I especially love the multicolored feathers on that first one, so pretty!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG Jinny!! I am LOVING these!! Those Vellum Feathers are PERFECT!! I LOVE the Designs and can't wait to see more!! =) Have a Fabulous Week!!
P.S Must be that time, my laptop has been doing weird things too!! I'm thinking I need to replace it too before it completely goes and then I'm stuck without all of my stuff!! =)

Vicki L. said...

Hi Jinny,
WOW, I'm so impressed with your cards! The colors really "POP"! Thank You for Sharing!

Charlene said...

Awesome cards Jinny!! I havent had any time to play with mine :-(

Sleepy Stamper said...

Glad to hear you are getting to recover at least some of your files. I love the cards! The aqua against then gold embossed feathers is just beautiful.

Hugs,
Anitra

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hi my friend :) Thanks for the bloggy visit today... always makes my day when you do :) I saw your question about the papers that I don't like, or don't want to use anymore ...for those, I donate them to Brookie's hospital ... Phoenix Children's Hospital ... they have 6 craft rooms there for kids that are there long term and they always take craft donations ... and it is also a great place to donate Brookie's old toys/stuffed animals as they need those for the kids that hang out in the waiting room before surgeries etc :)

Ashley Horton said...

So sorry to hear you are having problems with the computer Jinny!! I hope you are able to get everything transferred over quickly!! Love your beautiful cards and the use of the feather trend on both!

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning work Jinny ... beautiful cards!

Hannah said...

Your cards are all amazing!! I love way you used Dawn's darling stamps.

Tracy said...

Love 'em both but that hot air balloon is awesome! The gold embossed feather die cuts are so cool. Wow, just wow! Hugs!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Jinny!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Jinny, your work is beautiful. :) Love these cards.