Family Update

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Morning, y'all!  I trust you all had wonderful weekends.  My hubby has been logging a lot of hours at work lately, so he took last Friday off to get a few things done around the house.  Needless to say, it's been a little tough getting back in the swing of things this week, especially with yesterday's holiday, too.  We've been having so much fun just being together.  But before I get to a few pics of this weekend, let me backtrack a bit to a couple of Sundays back.  We had the annual baptism, at Kill Creek Park, for our church.
Over 181 people went down into the waters as a testimony to all God has done and is doing in their lives.  That's my hubby out there, in the blue shirt, to the far right.  He had the opportunity to help do the dunking ;).
It was a long, hot morning; so my kiddos kept busy, with buckets, shovels, and friends, in the sand, until the waters were clear for swimming.
And I just couldn't resist this snapshot of my hubby and littlest off to get the car.  LOVE how she always sneaks her little hand into ours and just starts chatting about her day.  She is just the sweetest!
Speaking of sweet, try this on for size.  She'd do this sort of thing all the time, if her brother would let her.  She just caught him in the right mood this night.
We've also been doing lots of other fun things like building airplanes at Lowes...
dressing up...
 bubble painting...
taking care of our pets...
and playing in the park.
This weekend, my brother brought his new wife up to Worlds of Fun to celebrate her birthday.  So, we got to have a little birthday lunch with them at Jazz.  I completely forgot to take a picture of the two of them amidst all the excitement, but in our wandering around the Legends after lunch, I did get this one of my kiddos.  They'd just had an Auntie Anne's pretzel and were in such a happy mood :).
Here's my cutie pie all crashed out, in the car, on the way home.  She's still such a good napper, just like her brother was at her age.
And last, but certainly not least, we have a little, out-of-the-ordinary news around our place.  We're expecting baby #3 in February 2014!  I'm 15 weeks along and beyond thrilled to have the ickies of the first trimester well behind me.  Ezekiel and Adina couldn't be any more excited.  To be honest, I was a little concerned with how my oldest would take the news.  He can be a wee bit self-involved sometimes ;).  But he was squealing and jumping and, in a very good way, completely took me off guard.  So glad to have them both on board, and I just know they'll make such great, little helpers soon enough.
That's all, for today, folks.  Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedules to check in on us!  Have a blessed week!

26 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! You saved the best news for last!! So very happy for you and BJ! Amazing news! Sending lots of happy prayers your way.

Shirl Boughner said...

congrats Jinny on your impending new little one. Now I see why you decided to leave the design team at ColorCombos. That is such exciting news and will change your lives in many wonderful ways.

Anya said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!! That's an amazing news! Love all the pictures, especially the one with your daughter in a car seat - so sweet!

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh my goodness!!!! How very exciting! Congratulations! I loved all the photos, but you totally surprised me with that last one, yay yay yay for the Newlins!

Tracey Sabella said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news. Children are such amazing gifts from our Lord. So glad your son is excited about being a big brother again. What lovely family photos and such great news about all the baptisms! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Lisa said...

The happiest of news Jinny!!! A BIG congrats to you, BJ, big brother and big sister!!! Adina a big sister...oh good gravy I can see the little mother in her LOL! So happy for all of you and glad you're feeling well. Thanks for the photos and update. Take care {{HUGS}} mama ;)

Leanne said...

oh wow!! congratulations!! wonderful baby news..x

Ashley Horton said...

YAY!! Congrats to you and your family, Jinny!! Three is a great number!! :) Can't wait to see some layouts with some cute baby photos!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fi said...

Great family photos and congrats on your news.

anya said...

Oh Jinny, how wonderful! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family!

Annette Allen said...

A NEW BABY... oh i am oh so happy for you... how exciting.. congratulations.. woohoo....

Zeneva said...

Beautiful photos! And a big Congratulations to you and your family for a baby on the way!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow wow wow!!!! Congratulations!!! I adore that scan photo! Can't wait to see this new addition!

Jennifer said...

Such a gorgeous family! And another little one on the way...congratulations!!!

Jeanne J said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Congratulations Jinny! A new baby!!!! SO happy for you and will anxiously await photos of your growing family. I loved all the shots you posted here especially your daughter in her cool shades, dressed as a fire fighter and Ezekiel and Adina on that HUGE tortoise! Big smiles here!!! YAYYYYYY!!!!!!

Diana Fisher said...

Congratulations!! Such great news! :)

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Congratulations Jinny! I pray God will bless your pregnancy. I'm so happy for you. Love the family pics as always. Happy, happy hugs!

Judy Cook said...

What wonderful news. So excited for you and your family. I pray you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery. Big congrats!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! JInny!! CONGRATS on the wonderful news!
I'm so happy for you!!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG~OMG~OMG SO EXCITED for you and your Family Jinny!! =) Babies (kids) are such AMAZING Blessings!! I know you already know this, but with each one it seems even more true!! =) SO HAPPY for you and looking forward to hearing all about this joyous event!! =) THANKS for sharing and sending LOTS of HUGS and Thoughts/Prayers your way!! =)

Maureen Merritt said...

Yay, congrats Jinny!!! So happy for you :)

Lynn said...

Ohhhh! Congrats Jinny!!!
Another addition to your beautiful family! What a great blessing. Wishing you all the best!
xo

Linda R said...

That is such exciting new. I am so happy for you and your family.

Hugs~

Maria said...

Oh my goodness! I was smiling looking at all your photos of the family and then more big smiles! Huge congrats to you expecting another little one! What a blessing! Many hugggggs and prayers to you and family!:-)