Family Update

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Just wanted to pop in here to share a few things we've been up to as a family.  Life has been super busy with school, fall activities, and my feeling much more tired than usual.  I'm doing my best to keep up, but I can no longer make it through the afternoon without a little nap.  Sigh.  My doctor assures me that I'll stop being so tired soon, but I have yet to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Anyway, last week, we had our first homeschool program, of the school year, at the Kansas City Zoo.  So, while Ezekiel was in class, Adina and I wandered around and even rode the train.
We got stuck watching Nikita for quite a while.  The zookeepers were teasing him with that barrel from outside his pen, and when they finally handed it over, he was having the time of his life.  It was so captivating!
I passed my old Barbies down to Adina.  She's been wanting them for what seems like forever, but she still feels so young to me, and I'm just not ready for her to grow up.  I think it will still be awhile before I'll be getting her any new ones, but in the meantime, she's having fun with mine.
Ezekiel has been working hard at his studies.  He's been studying mammals in science and has chosen to dig deeper into the ways of the giant panda for his oral report tomorrow.
And I couldn't resist throwing in this photo from my garden.  I don't think I've ever seen irises blooming in the fall, but I'll take it.  They're ever so pretty!
Oh!  We also made a fresh batch of guacamole this past weekend and shared a piece of the avocado with one of our littlest family members.  Gosh, I don't think I've ever seen a slice disappear so fast; and that's saying a lot, because my hubby loves that stuff.
It's been a tough couple of months around our place.  Just lots of things going on behind the scenes that I cannot discuss here.  I know everything will get better, but it's all catching up with me and making me feel a bit defeated.  So, I apologize if any of that has come across here.  It's been difficult to want to feel creative sometimes.  I've still spent time in my creative space, but it's been more to mend clothing items, work on some things for my church's upcoming Thanksgiving dinner distribution, and reorganize.  Bear with me, though.  We've got a fantastic, new, Wplus9 Design, holiday release coming up next week, that you're simply not going to want to miss.  Well, I've got about a million things to get done before band class.  So, I'd better run.  Thanks so much for checking in on us!  Be blessed!

17 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Jinny, hang in there! Praying that you'll be feeling more with it soon and the behind the scenes stuff will resolve quickly. Have a wonderful day!

Tracey Sabella said...

Oh Jinny, it's been a long, long, while, but I remember those tired early days of pregnancy. Praying for you and for those behind the scene challenges you are experiencing. It looks like you've had some wonderful family/home school times and love the photo of the quickly disappearing avocado!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks for the update, homeschooling is tough, do take care of yourself while taking care of the family, I hope all things will turn out well for you, take one day at a time, I will be thinking and praying for you!

Jennifer said...

What a sweet pic of you and Adina! Looks like you've been having some fun and you have your old Barbies?! I wish I had kept mine for Sophie.

I hope your days aren't too exhausting and that you're resting and taking care of yourself. Many hugs for the hard times you've been having...

Leslie Germain said...

Life is crazy here too. Must be the start of the school year. I am starting to feel more in a routine. Hope things get better for you soon! That is awesome that you are homeschooling.

Annette Allen said...

Praying all is well.. God is always with you no matter what.. thanks for sharing your amazing pictures.. always so sweet..

Ashley Horton said...

Looks like a fun time at the zoo Jinny! Sorry to hear you have some things going on right now, but I hope they all work out soon! And the tired feeling will go away eventually and you can enjoy the rest of those pregnancy months!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING all the photos!!! I wish I still had all my old Barbie's to give to Brookie!! I hope that the things going on behind the scenes get better soon!!!

Maria said...

What a delight your family photos are including the little hamster! Thank you for sharing. Take good care, hugs!:-)

Charlene said...

Hi Jinny! I know that feeling....I hate being tired! Hopefully you will feel batter soon!!!! Hugs! Your family pics always make me smile!! Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

Hang in there kiddo. It's not hard to feel defeated in this stinky old world. From what I see you're an awesome wife and mom and that's a rarity these days. Paying for you and lifting you up to God. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

I hear ya! Life can be so hard ... I know ... believe me! Take it easy sweetie ... you have a lot to do and anyone can see what a brilliant Mom and Wife you are ... Love the photos ... Fancy you still having your Barbies! That made me smile ... Sending hugs

Angi Barrs said...

Love your fun photos! Sending huts your way!

Linda R said...

I say rest if you need it my friend. I know that is tough to do with so much to do. Hopefully thing will calm down in the months to come. I LOVE your photos and always enjoy reading your updates. Big Hugs~

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Hi Jinny! Your photos are lovely! I spy a Rocker Barbie and I think Dream Date Barbie! I gave my daughters my old Barbies too and they loved them. They call them their "vintage Barbies" and they do look pretty vintage now! I hope you are feeling better soon. I understand - life can be tough sometimes. Just hang in there and keep praying - it'll get better! xo

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great post Jinny!
I had never seen Iris bloom in the fall either ;)
TFS~

Lisa said...

Hope the tired times go away soon Jinny, but a good nap never hurt anybody!! Fun zoo pics and I would give Ezekiel an A on his panda project, looks GREAT! Oh the barbie days...good times. I hope the tough times pass for you quickly, keep your chin up, I will remember all of you in my prayers.