Goodbye Sketches in Thyme

Thursday, September 5, 2013

It is with such sadness that I type this post today.  Our fearless leader over at Sketches in Thyme, Tiffany, has decided to take a break and shut down shop.  It is so difficult to say goodbye, but we all understand the need for rest.  As we sign off, Tiffany asked us to share a favorite layout with you all.  I've been on the team now since May of 2011, so it was super hard for me to pick only one.  But one thing that I love about Tiffany's designs, besides the plethora of room to embellish and layer upon a great CAS foundation, is that every month she never failed to deliver a fabulous two-pager, and you all know how much I adore a good two-pager ;).  So, I narrowed it down to my own takes on her two-pagers and came up with this one...
from way back in June 2012, for Challenge #82, where you can also get all the supplies and details for its making, as well as plenty of close-ups.
Sketches in Thyme has inspired hundreds of pages for my albums and introduced me to so many new friends, and for those reasons, I will be forever grateful.  I hope and pray that you'll continue with me on my creative journey, as it will definitely not end here.  Be blessed!

16 comments:

Annette Allen said...

love your take on the sketch...

Miriam Prantner said...

So sad that SIT is closing, I have always enjoyed your SIT layouts!

Lisa said...

It's always sad to see a challenge come to an end. I do love the page you chose. Look how little the kiddos are and at Ezekiel's curls!! The photo of Adina looking up at him is priceless!

Tracy said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. I really enjoy you SIT projects and those sketches are always amazing. You picked a great page to showcase. Hugs!

Leanne said...

Oh no!! I need to create more two-pagers! Looks like I missed out on a great opportunity to admire some awesome work..x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sad to see them close down... I loveeeeeee the lo you chose as your fave!! Those photos are soooooooooo cute!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Sad news indeed...you double page is perfection!
TFS~

Ashley Horton said...

Sorry to hear this Jinny. You have done some amazing layouts, based on these sketches!

yyam said...

Oooooh...love your double-pager!

Amber Holder said...

Sorry to read you'll no longer be part of such a fabulous team. I can see why you settled on sharing this layout. I really love the strip of stars.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful layout, I love the red, white and blue theme, super fab!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a Neat take on the Sketch!! I'll miss seeing your pages for this challenge, but I'm sure you'll find other ways to create for your Albums!! Have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Leslie Germain said...

Oh no! I love sketches in Thyme! So sad to hear that.

Meihsia Liu said...

Sad to hear that, Jinny. I'll keep following your beautiful creations. :) Love your fabulous double pages.

Maria said...

Sorry to hear the challenge coming to an end. I do look forward to seeing more layouts from you, though!:-)

Angi Barrs said...

So sad about SIT. Love your beautiful layout!