Sharing Another Love

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Those of you have been following my blog for awhile now know that besides papercrafting, I love to sew!  I sewed all of Adina's baby bedding, some of which has worked its way into her big girl room, and lots of her Easter and birthday dresses/outfits; most of the curtains in our home; my son's big boy bedding, less than six months after I taught myself to sew no less; and so much more.  Unfortunately, I just don't get to use my machine, with fabric that is ;), near as often as I'd like.  Well, awhile back, I picked up Chronicle Books' The Cupcake Deck for my sister-in-law, Sarah, for her birthday (She loves cupcakes!) and wanted to make her an apron to pair with it.
So, Adina and I went hunting for fabric, while Ezekiel was in band class, a couple of weeks back.  She has a little apron that boasts a multicolored, large polka dot fabric; so, as soon as she spotted that same print on the racks, it had to be the one ;).  She adores her Aunt Sarah!  I happily obliged (It IS super cute!), and we found a little, brown, polka dot print to coordinate.  It always amazes me how quickly sewing projects come together, especially when my hubby takes the kiddos for a couple of hours ;).  I don't know why I go so long between them.  Anyway, all that said, here's how it turned out.
I've got a For the Love of Books post coming your way tomorrow.  Then, I promise I'll be back on Thursday with a little something papercrafty in nature.  Busy!  Busy!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a terrific Tuesday, friends!

15 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

Very cute!!!!!
I love polka dots and brown is my favorite color!

Lisa said...

This is adorable Jinny!! I do love me some polka dots ;)

Kristie said...

This is so cute! Love the prints you used!

Kristie
http://mypaperlife.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! I loveeeeeeee it soooooo much!! I so wish we lived closer ... I would be begging and paying you to teach me!!! I so want to learn how to sew on more than paper! LOL!!! I have pinned so many sewing projects ...and that's where it is going stay ... on my Pinterest boards! LOL!!

~amy~ said...

a-dorable!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful Jinny!!

Linda R said...

Oh my gosh.. That is the cutest. Makes me want get some fabric and pull out my sewing machine.

Hugs~

Tracey Sabella said...

What a fabulous apron!! I used to do more sewing (on fabric) too. ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Shirl Boughner said...

love the polka dot apron Jinny and how you added more dots on the trim

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! This is so adorable!
You are so talented!
Bravo!!

Anya said...

I agree - it is adorable!

Jennifer said...

Super cute apron! I would love one like this...oh and could you imagine a matching one for the little ones?! Too cute.

yyam said...

Oooooh...this is soooooo pretty! I love it!

Maria said...

Such a beautiful project you made with all those fun colorful polka dots...fab job...love it!

Tracy said...

Had to show this to my daughter since she just made an apron for her friend. It's adorable! Your sewing projects are always wonderful to see. Hugs!