Weekend Snapshots

Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Monday, y'all!  So sorry for the late post.  We took a little road trip, to Omaha, Nebraska, this weekend and just got home today in time to water our crispy lawn (It has been so HOT here!), get dinner and baths, and put the kiddos to bed early.  They were exhausted, as are we all, but I wanted to quick pop in here and share a few pics.  We got to Omaha, Saturday night, just in time for a yummy dinner and a little swim in the hotel pool.
Then, early Sunday, we hit the Henry Doorly Zoo for a day of fun.  We were there, literally, all day.  Y'all, I'm talking like over eight hours, but what an amazing day!  We love the Omaha zoo!
We just watched Hoot on Friday night, so Ezekiel was super excited to see this sweet, little, burrowing owl.
We purchased tickets to Dinosaurs Alive!, too.  It was fun to see once, but I think Ezekiel enjoyed it more than the rest of us.  It was simply unimpressive and not worth the money.  Fortunately, the rest of the day made up for that 20 minutes ;).
By the middle of the afternoon, we had nearly seen all the outdoor animals, so we booked it all the way out to the seal show...
grabbed a big (Holy smokes!) bowl of ice cream...
and took the Skyfari back to the main hub and the last stops of our visit.  The Skyfari is similar to our Kansas City Zoo Sky Safari, but it didn't feel near as safe.  It was much longer and didn't go over quite as many animals, which was fortunate, because I wasn't letting go of my littlest to snap a picture for anything.  Yikes!
Adina talked about seeing the Hammerhead Sharks all day, and you should've seen how excited she got, when we finally made it to the aquarium.  LOVE it!
We could've watched the penguins all day.  Can't wait until they arrive at our zoo!
We really wanted to hit one of the two museums, in town, that are geared for kids, before heading home this am; but as luck would have it, both are closed on Mondays.  So, we did a little shopping instead.  Now, I've got two tired, but happy, kids on my hands, but I think they'll be back to their old selves after a good night's rest in their own beds.
Well, I'd better go get a few more things accomplished; before I, too, hit the sack.  We've got another busy day of school and band, not to mention a little lunch with my Mom, tomorrow.  Thanks so much for checking in on us!  I took my laptop with me this weekend, anticipating that I'd be able to keep up with you all, but it just didn't happen.  I'm so sorry.  I'm behind again, but I caught up with you all last time, and I completely intend on doing so again.  Big hugs!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

What fun animal pictures, thanks for sharing with us Jinny! Looks like a wonderful family weekend ;)

Ashley Horton said...

Great photos from your Zoo visit, Jinny! We love going to our local Zoo, too!!

Tracy said...

Looks like a great trip. We always enjoy zoo visits too. :-) Hope everyone gets a good night's rest. Hugs!

Lynn said...

Looks like an awesome weekend get a way Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

It looks like it was a blast!!! LOVING the photos and that is some HOLYYYYYYYYYY ice cream! WOW!!

Annette Allen said...

what a fun little trip... your pictures are amazing.. girl what kind of camera do you have.. love how clear your pictures are.. thanks for sharing..

Charlene said...

Great pics Jinny!!! Looks like fun was had by all :-)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what a gorgeous place ... I so enjoy your photos ... TFS

Linda R said...

Looks like you guys had a blast.. I LOVE going to the Zoo... Lots of great photos here.

Hugs~

Jennifer said...

Looks like a cool zoo! What a fun little trip you all took, looks like a blast!

Maria said...

I so enjoy looking at your family photos! Your children have the CUTEST smiles! Looks like you had lots of fun at the zoo! Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend!