Family Update

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Morning, y'all!  Just wanted to pop in and share a few pics of what we've been doing as a family.  Look at all these yummy apples we harvested from our very own apple tree.  So excited to see it producing such deliciousness!  This just proves that good things come to those who wait ;).
My good, Colorado friend, Chris, was in town, for a MOPS Convention, last weekend.  So, we all met up with her for a scrumptious dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.
I had to throw in a picture of Adina and my dessert, too... Hershey Chocolate Bar Cheesecake.  Yum!
I wanted to let you all know, too, that my hubby has accepted a position as the division manager of the fire sprinkler department for a company in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  He begins work on Monday, November 4, 2013.  So, he'll be moving into a hotel for a little, until our house sells, and the kids and I can join him.  We've had a lot to do as far as depersonalizing and getting the house ready for a sale.  So, please forgive me for my lack of visits.  Slowly, but surely, I'll be around to visit.  I'm just trying to keep up right now.  It goes on the market this coming Monday, though.  So, I'd be ever so grateful if you'd help us pray for a quick sale.

Even though a lot is happening all at once, we are really excited about our move.  Kansas City is a beautiful city with a lot to offer, but it's been really hard for us to find our place here.  We've had to really push and pull and dig our way in, and unfortunately, it's been the same with making friends.  We moved back here, from Greeley, Colorado, when Ezekiel was just a year old, because we wanted to be more involved with my family and work out the tension with BJ's family in hopes of the same.  Unfortunately, things haven't quite worked out as we would have liked.  We've given all this over nine years of our lives.  Now, it's time move on.

It's been so neat to see, through some of the details that are unfolding, how God orchestrated this whole thing way back when.  And while I know that it won't be easy to say goodbye to what is routine and comfortable, I also know that it will be a real growing time for us, as we trust Him to guide us through.  We can't wait to experience the adventures that await!

So, that's the long and short of it, friends.  I'll be back tomorrow with this month's For the Love of Books post and, then again, the day after with this month's Friday Faves.  Then, I've cooked up a few, creative things, even amidst all the craziness, to share with you next week.  So, hang tight.  I'm not going anywhere.  It'll just be a little quieter than usual around here for a bit.  Thanks so much for checking in on us, and have a wonderful Wednesday!

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow sounds like you will be a busy lady! I know it will be difficult for your family to be apart until the house sells, but I also know that God will see you through it. Take care Jinny and don't worry about the visits...family first! I'll keep all of you in my prayers {{hugs}}!

Annette Allen said...

yay he got the job.. woohoo so excited for you all. that is fabulous news.. How fun to meet up with an old friend.. thanks for sharing..

Praying your house sells fast..

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! So much going on for you guys Jinny, but I know it's with a lot of prayer that you are moving. Hoping that things go smoothly and the house sells quickly so you can be together and settled and have plenty of time to prepare for the baby. Hugs!

natasha said...

Wow! You have a lot on your plate! Praying for a quick sell for you and a smooth transition. :)

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats to your hubby!! Love seeing your photos ... take it easy ... moving house is hard work!

Ashley Horton said...

So excited to hear about your hubby's new job Jinny, and I hope everything goes quickly with getting your house sold! Prayers that everything will fall easily into place, as your family gets ready for new adventures!

MichelleZ said...

Good luck to you and your family. Sounds like a wonderful place to live and 'm certain that you'll be happy there. But moving and transitioning can be so stressful. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Tracy said...

You've got a lot on your plate lady. I hope everything goes smoothly with both the sale and move. I've never lived anywhere but here so I can't imagine what it would be like. We visited Sioux falls when we went to Yellowstone. Didn't see a whole lot of it but it seemed nice. Hope you can find happiness there and leave all the stresses behind. Hugs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! What a big move for you all ... but I know that it will work out!! But I want a PROMISE of a new address!!! :)

Shirl Boughner said...

before you know it you'll be settled in your new home and have a new family member. Moving is hard and a change but lots of good things in your near future. You just take it easy and let people help you with the packing and lifting - remember, baby on board. Your little ones can help you with lots of things and it will make them feel great. Take care. Your internet friends will move with you.

Angi Barrs said...

I hope everything goes well with your move! (Cheesecake Factory is my fave!!!)

alexandra s.m. said...

wow, can I have a piece of your amazing cake right NOW?!! Great post GF!!

Thank You~

yyam said...

Sounds like an exciting time in your life Jinny. Change can be good. :)
Take care...hope the house sells quick.

P/s: I so want to eat your dessert and those apples! lol

Jennifer said...

Change is hard but sometimes it's for the better (that's what I tell myself at least). What exciting news for you and your family, I wish you all nothing but the best and hope the house sells quick so you're not apart too long. Big hugs for your new adventure!

Maria said...

Wow! Yes, you've been very busy! A new adventure for you with move, etc. Congrats on your husband getting a new job! I hope your house sells quickly! I'll be keeping you in thought and prayer, hugs!

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh... this is such an exciting news. Congrats on your husband's new job, Jinny. New baby, new house new job..new... wow... hope the house sells quick and everything goes well with you. LOVE & HUGS :)

Larissa Heskett said...

CONGRATS on the New Job!! I forgot to mention my sister's fiances name is Bryson James, but we call him BJ!! I had to share that with you!! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you and your family a fast and easy move!! ;) thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)