Friday Faves

Friday, October 25, 2013

TGIF!  It has been such a busy week around our place!  I wouldn't even know where to begin to explain all that it has entailed.  Honestly, I'm too tired to even try to put it all into words.  So, in jumping ahead to today, we've got a day off from school and work.  My mom and dad are here helping my hubby lay a cork floor for our library and Ezekiel's bedroom/bath.  It'll replace some old, worn-out carpet and compliment our hardwood floors beautifully.  It's something that we've wanted to do since we moved in.  But thanks to that little bonus, that I spoke of in an earlier post, we were finally able to make it happen... just in time to move out.  Isn't that the way things always seem to go?  I know that our home's future owners will really appreciate it, though.  And hopefully, it'll give our little place that extra something special to get it sold quick.

Then, tomorrow, we've got a heap of yard work to tackle.  Fortunately, it looks like we'll have warmer weather to help us along.  Plus, the only room that I have yet to get in order is my studio.  That will be at the top of my to-do list.  Matter of fact, I'm hoping to get that started this evening.  But you all didn't come here to read about all my moving woes.  So, without further adieu, welcome to this month's Friday Faves!  It all begins with this scrumptious Prima Alencon 15mm Lace from The Ribbon Reel.  Doesn't it have such a rich, vintage quality?  I just got some in the mail, and it's just as lovely in person.  Can't wait to put it to good use!
I always have the hardest time picking a Christmas collection that I love, but Simple Stories' December Documented 12" x 12" Collection Kit has it all, from cute to traditional, with plenty of bits to journal upon, and trendy chalkboard elements, not to mention lots of little, complimentary stickers.  It promises to get you itching to scrap all those precious, Christmas memories in no time flat.
I also couldn't resist sharing one of my latest purchases from Spellbinders, Foliage.  LOVE that these babies can cut, emboss, and stencil all in one.  Genius!
It occurred to me, as I began wondering if we'd even get to decorate for Christmas this year, being as we don't yet know where we'll be, that come next year, Kaden won't have a Christmas stocking to match the rest of ours.  So, it'll be time for an upgrade, and I couldn't possibly love the texture or homespun appeal of these Chunky Knit Stockings, that I found on houzz, any more.  Swoon!
And finally, I'm throwing in Salma Hayek's Nuance AM/PM Anti-Aging Super Lotion which can be found at CVS Pharmacy.  I guess only time will tell if it really does its job, but smearing this beautifully scented moisturizer on my face is literally one of my favorite parts of the day.  It's all in the little things, friends ;).
That covers things for this month, folks.  May your weekends be filled with love, laughter, accomplishment, and REST.  Hugs!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been eyeballing that Simple Stories collection, so pretty and those stockings are awesome! Have a great weekend, hope you get some rest.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving these!!! That SS Christmas collection is fabulous!!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

So many wonderful goodies here. I adore that lace and the Foliage dies are one of my fave sets!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Kim Ryden said...

Oooo....I love that Simple Stories Christmas line! Waiting for an Archiver's coupon to go get it! :)