Weekend Snapshots

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hey, friends!  I cannot believe that we're already halfway through the week.  Where has the time gone?!  But I wanted to quick pop in here, before the end of the week, to share a few pics from our weekend.  Remember all these apples we picked back here?
Well, it was time to whip them into apple butter.  If you've been a follower of my blog for long at all, you know that this is an annual event around our house.  We make and can this favorite, sweet treat, for Christmas gifts, for family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers, and we always make enough to last our family throughout the year.  Plus, I tend to throw in a half pint, every now and then, with dinners I make for members of our church family, too.  Over the years, I've worked out a system that really works for us.  Plus, I've got a great team to help me out.  Matter of fact, I was even able to convince my hubby to clean the sticky up off our entire kitchen floor, when the process was complete.  Thanks, Baby!
We spent about eight hours making and canning 52 pints in all (If you're counting, one went right into the fridge ;).)...
and we still have plenty of apples leftover for pies.  Mmmm!  Guess what I'll be making today ;).
I also couldn't resist throwing in this pic of my silly girl.  She was just moving her seat from one bathroom to the other and decided to do it in style ;).  She always knows how to make us laugh, and luckily, it had just been disinfected.  Sigh of relief.
And this is what my living room looks like by the end of the weekend, when my kids don't have school to keep them busy, and I'm elbow deep in apple butter.  Just keeping it real, y'all.
Thanks so much for checking in on us!  Be blessed!

12 comments:

Shirl said...

love the hat on your little chef. It's great that both of your little ones help out and that hubby did the floor. Pregnancy has many perks!
The apple butter sounds yummy as does the pie that's coming today.

Lisa said...

YUM!!! Aren't fall apples the best!! We have a local market that sells strawberry apples, gosh they're good. Might just have to make a run out there this afternoon after seeing this post from you! TFS the family pics Jinny, always such a treat. Love the last one with your pup front and center ;)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW-- that's a lot of apples! And I LOOOOOOOOVE that you made so many jars of apple butter! I might have to buy one from you (Trav is always looking for something homemade!). LOVE that your daughter pulled the seat over her head-- and Praise the LORD that it was disinfected! LOL! LOVE the pic of your living room-- totally know what that's like to have a mess because you are making memories:) HUGS!

Lynn said...

Man oh man! These pictures exhaust me, but the end result is perfect. I'd love to come over for a piece of pie! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your apple butter is THE BEST!!!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing the pics!! That one with the toilet seat is sooooooooo cute!!!!

Linda R said...

Man that is a whole lot of apples. I LOVE apple butter, I haven't had it in years though.. That photo of your daughter has me smiling, She is so darn cute..

Hugs~

Jeanne J said...

Look at all those apples! Glad to see the whole family involved in this big job - I see it is a labor of love. Your daughter with the chef hat was so sweet! Thanks for the peek into another great day at the Newlin house!

Annette Allen said...

look at all those yummy apples and you made some apple butter.. yummy... what a fun adventure with the family..

Ros Crawford said...

Goodness! What a ton of goods you guys made ... I had to google apple butter ... Not something I'm familiar with ... we have apple sauce ... sounds delicious!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great post! I think it's a fabulous tradition you have going on there!
Thanks for all the sweet pictures :)

Sherri Riales said...

Hi Jinny you don't know me. I just was on your blog which I found through plus 9. So excited to meet another person who loves The Lord. I would love to have your apple butter recipe. If you would share. You have a beautiful family. I will give you my email. Would love to hear from you. Your cards and scrapbook layouts are beautiful. sherriandbilly1990@yahoo.com. Hope you have a Blessed Day. Sherri

Larissa Heskett said...

Wow!! You have been BUSY!! Almost super human!! Thanks so much for. Sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)