Weekend Snapshots

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Afternoon, y'all!  So sorry that it's been so long since I was last here.  I've missed every one of you ever so much and am hoping to find time to visit before the end of the week.  It's been crazy!  I think I said, in an earlier post, that my parents were here helping my hubby lay a new cork floor in our library and Ezekiel's bedroom/bathroom this past weekend.  I LOVE it!  It's so warm and soft and easy to clean, and at less than $3 a square foot, it can't be beat!  My kids love it because all their games and puzzles set up perfectly and don't fall apart on it.  Plus, it's a much better surface for coloring and drawing than carpet.
My Mom brought Adina a new fleece and pjs for her upcoming 5th birthday.  She loves the moose as much as I do.  I didn't realize, until later, how tired she looked in this pic.  She ran a low-grade fever most of the weekend, which kept us home organizing, cleaning, and painting those baseboards, that you see in the photos above, all white, but she's back to her old self today.
Our little, loved home officially went on the market this past Monday.  Please keep praying for a quick sale.  We're heading up to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to look for new houses and deliver my hubby to his new job, this weekend.  Then, the kids and I will be back here for school and appointments and whatnot until the house sells.  So, the sooner it sells, the better.
We also bought a new vehicle.  I really wanted an SUV.  I feel old driving a minivan, but when we started really looking, this 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan had everything we were looking for and more.  It's ever so spacious, rides comfortably, and I just love that if we're out and about and need to haul something big home, which happens more frequently than you'd think, I don't have to find a place to store the third row of seats.  Both it and the second row all fold easily right into the floor.  Plus, the price fit our new budget perfectly.  Yay!
Lots of changes, but fortunately, everyone is handling it well.  It's such an exciting time!  I'll be back late tomorrow with our November Inspiration Challenge from Paper Sweeties.  Until then, thanks so much for checking in on us, and have a blessed rest of your week!

11 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a great post.. I will pray your home sells fast.. it looks adorable so I know it will be sold in no time.. LOVE the new van and that is nice your parents came for a visit and to help around the house..

Jonathon said...

Here's praying for a fast sale! I love the new car too! Yahoo!!

Lisa said...

I think your pretty little house will sell quickly Jinny, but I will keep all of you in my prayers. Congrats on your mini van. My SIL (stamping buddy!) and her hubs have one too...and it's also white! Hope Adina is back to herself HUGS!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos and yayyyyyy for the new car!! I will be praying for a quick sale!!!

Tracy said...

Busy busy and it looks like things are falling into place. God's blessings for a quick sale. Hugs!

Kim Ryden said...

Hey...sorry that I never texted you back today! That is awesome that BJ got a new job! You house and new car look so cute! Don't you just hate it that you make all these improvements before you sell it to the next person?! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! Looks like things are coming along! Praying that the house sells quickly!

Linda R said...

How exciting. Sounds like life is Good my friend. Your new car looks great.

Hugs~

Charlene said...

Boy sweetie so much going on!!! Keeping me fingers crossed your house sells fast!! Hugs!

Maria said...

I'll keep you in prayer for a quick sale on your house! And, big congrats on the fab new car! Take care, hugs!

Larissa Heskett said...

Loving the New Floor!! Her's to a FAST SALE and to an EASY MOVE!! Love your new wheels and with the new little one on its way soon you'll LOVE all the extra space!! You forget how much stuff you have to have when you have a Baby!! Or at least I did!! ;) thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week Sweetie!! ;)