Family Update

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Happy Saturday, y'all!  I know it's been a little quiet around here.  I apologize.  I'm doing the best I can to keep up.  Unfortunately, because blogging doesn't require food, baths, Band-Aids, hugs, books, or my complete attention, it has taken backseat to those who do.  Speaking of, I took these pics of my cuties playing in the leaves last weekend.
Then, my hubby turned the camera on me.
And just before I sent them out to play, my littlest tried to convince me she was too tired to go, even though it was only 10 am.  I've been having to wake her up from her afternoon naps, which are inching way past two hours, lately, too.  I'm thinking she might be going through a growth spurt.  Whatever it may be, she's awful cuddly and even cuter than usual.  I know.  I know.  I'm completely biased, but I really do love this girl to bits!  If it weren't for her, I might lose my sanity with my hubby being gone.  She's a lifesaver and always knows how to make me smile.
My mind has been on about a hundred other things and far from more of her birthday gifts that have arrived super late.  But she reminded me to write those gift givers thank yous without even batting an eye.  She just loves to get packages in the mail ;).
We've been plugging away at our studies and getting creative in the process.  That's supposed to be an owl Adina made below.  We decided it belonged in the rain forest rather than in the woods.  Those brown feathers just weren't good enough for her creative soul ;).
And while I'm not getting to help with as much of our church's Thanksgiving dinner distribution as I had wanted to this year, simply because my time has been drastically reduced, I did get to put my Cameo to work making 200 of these for members of our congregation to pick up this Sunday.
My hubby arrived home last night, just in time for dinner and a little swim with my kiddos, who were eager to have him home.
My Dad and Mom have been here helping us spruce up the outside of our home in an attempt to draw in more buyers, too.  Nobody has said anything about it being unacceptable or even unattractive.  Matter of fact, the only feedback, working against us, that we've received is that we don't have a garage, which is in the listing, and that our street is too busy.  Although the latter did come from an agent who visited right as school was getting out, and we live only a block from an elementary school.  That's supposed to be a good thing.  Sigh.  But we are hoping that with the time of year not being in our favor, having the outside look its best and getting rid of the wood rot that has set in around some of the windows will make it sell sooner.
And if all this hard work doesn't pay off now, I know that someone will appreciate it... eventually.  Wouldn't it be so much easier if we could foresee the future ;)?  It just feels like we're in limbo.  We're not even sure what we should or should not be doing.  Anything could happen at any time and vice versa.  So, we're just trying to take things one day at a time.  I'll be the first to admit that some days are better than others, but here's hoping those good days will soon be our every day.  Thank you so much for your continued prayers and for stopping by to check in and say hello.  I have whipped up a little something for a special, The Craft's Meow, blog hop, for you all, bright and early Monday morning.  So, I hope you'll stop by and check it out.  Until then, thank you, once again, for checking in on us, and have a blessed weekend!

17 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos ... I spot that cute baby bump! I could hardly get my son to sleep day or night when he was Adina's age! I often wonder how I survived! lol!
Enjoy your weekend ...

MichelleZ said...

Jinny, you have so many wonderful smiles and memories packed into this one little blog post. How wonderful for you and your family. Take it from a Mom who now has an empty nest....There will be time for catching up later. Enjoy the blessings and joy that only your little ones can provide! God bless. ~Michelle

Shirl Boughner said...

so lovely to see the little bump!
you tell Adina that that owl is fabulous. I don't know how you manage to do as much as you do in a day. Will continue to pray for your health and strength and for your house to sell so you can move on. It will happen in HIS time.

Anya said...

Cute pictures! And also awesome job on printing and cutting those leaves out! I should ask our Sunday school teachers in case they need some cutting out help too!

Lynn said...

Beautifulivturss my dear friend. Sending positive prayers for your house to sell quickly!

Lynn said...

Pictures!

Charlene said...

Beautiful pics!!!! I love your little belly!!! I can't wait for Destiny to get one!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Jinny!! Thanks for all the photos. Love the kids in the leaves and the sunshine on Ezekiel while he's reading. Adina's owl is pretty snazzy and just look at your tummy! Hope the wee one is doing well and mama too ;)

Annette Allen said...

what a great post.. love the fall photos and your belly is growing.. so cute.. thanks for sharing..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos ... your babies are just so cute!!! Hoping the house sells soon!!!!

Tracy said...

Sounds like your full plate has turned into a full platter my friend. Your strength is shining through and I know that God is right there with you so lean on Him. :-) He has all this in the palm of His hand and it will work out just perfectly. Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love that owl! Very pretty and colorful. :) She is a sweety, that's for sure! Good luch with the house!

Doreen Vasquez said...

You have a beautiful family! Good luck w/ your house!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great update! So glad to see YOU in the photos, you are looking wonderful and praying that things move quickly with the house!

alexandra s.m. said...

Awww....dear Jinny, I know that by doing your best, things will turn out to be great! Hang in there, the not-knowing can be quite taxing especially when you're expecting! Your family is so beautiful and it's wonderful to see that your parents are there with you! What a wonderful lesson of life for your children too!

HUgs~

Larissa Heskett said...

Sweet Jinny!! Thanks for sharing!! I LOVE that Owl!! So FUN!! I know things will work out for you and your family!! Best wishes!! I hope your able to have a FABULOUS Weekend together!! We have had snow all day today and ice!! so safe travels to your husband!! ;)

Maria said...

Beautiful family photos, Jinny! Keeping you in thought and prayer and hoping your house sells soon! Take care, hugs!