Family Update

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Morning, y'all!  Just thought I'd pop in here and share a little of what's happening in our neck of the woods, beginning with a few more pics of my kiddos playing in the leaves.
Yes, they're really in there ;).
Last week, we also finally got to see the new penguins at our Kansas City Zoo.  Ezekiel had his homeschool program to attend, but Adina and I were captivated for hours.
It was so fun to see the penguins darting out of the water to hitch a ride on the zookeepers' raft as they were cleaning the windows.
And KCTV5 News was there interviewing the Director.  We were the only patrons there, so I think they let us stay just because we were being quiet.
It was a bitter cold, rainy morning.  It even hailed, when we were on our way out the door.  So, it worked out well that we enjoyed watching the penguins so much, but we also made our way over to one other indoor feature to see the monkeys and parrots...
before a quick ride on the carousel and heading home.
I also wanted to share a little before and after siding shot of our home.  I'm not the biggest fan of siding, just because I think it takes a lot of the personality away from a home, but it has a lifetime guarantee and will definitely be easier for a new homeowner to care for.
So far, it hasn't brought in any new buyers.  We're still praying for a sale next month, and if that's not in God's plans, we're going to have to reconsider this whole move.  It's just getting too close to Kaden's birth, and I'm struggling trying to keep up with cooking, cleaning, teaching, making sure the kids are where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there, and doing all the household stuff on my own.  On top of that, my hubby's new boss isn't giving him any of the holidays off, which is making it even harder to hold our little family together.  We're surviving, but that's all it is... survival.  Hopefully, I'll be back soon with some good news.  Until then, I hope you all have a truly blessed Thanksgiving!  Hugs!

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh Jinny, hang in there! I can't believe your hubby's new boss isn't giving him any of the holidays off...

Annette Allen said...

love the photos.. you always take such great pictures.. the siding looks nice.. I know that God will bring the right family to purchase your home. Praying for a quick sale so you can bring your family back together..

Jennifer said...

I've been thinking about you and your little family. Hang in there...things will work out the way they are suppose too. Big hugs! I can't believe your kids were in that leaf pile-what adorable pictures! The house looks really good too...crossing fingers it sells!

Shirl Boughner said...

oh, such great shots of the kids and the penguins. I see some new layouts in the making.
Your new siding looks great but I liked the grey as well. The red door pops and looks great. Continue to pray for the right family to buy your house but leave you time to pack up and find the perfect new home quicky. Maybe your hubby's boss will have a change of heart once he gets in the Christmas spirit.
Meanwhile don't overdue things and get some rest.

Lisa said...

Fun zoo pics Jinny and the kids in the leaves, too cute! I just don't understand these employers and their scrooge attitudes towards family. Thanksgiving and Christmas should be spent with family and not working. I continue to keep you all in my prayers, take care and have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Miriam Prantner said...

Jinny! Hang in there! I know there is a plan for all this and you have all you need to make it through. Thanks for sharing those fun pics of the kiddos too!

Ashley Horton said...

Still hoping for good news for your family Jinny!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

{{{hugs}}} been thinking about you ... I hope and pray the house sells soon!! And so sorry about him not getting time off during the holidays :(

Kim Ryden said...

Call me if you need anything and send me a link to your house online! Drop that price and get out of there! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Thanks, Kim! Our agent doesn't seem to think that's the issue. She set the price, and she knows the market. We're still going to try, but people can always make an offer regardless.

Tracy said...

Boy patience is hard isn't it. I know(and so do you) that God is going to work every bit of this out to perfection. I know trying to do all this on your own is pretty tough. I'll be praying for you. Big hugs!
P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Anya said...

Beautiful pictures! God bless you in selling your house! Sorry to hear that you can't spend holidays together :(

Larissa Heskett said...

Sweet Jinny I can only imagine how hard it has been being apart and being a Single momma during the week!! I know you'll get what help you need and it will be all in gods plan!! Thanks for sharing!! I agree with the siding, but it does look very nice and I'm sure it will pay off in the long run!! Have a Fabulous Week!! ;)