Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to all my U.S. friends!  I hope that you're having a wonderfully blessed day full of friends, family, precious memories, and thankful thoughts.  I've been hanging out with my kiddos and getting ready for our own Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow by baking a scrumptious Old Fashioned Pumpkin Pie...
and brining our turkey.  The fact that this vegetarian, who only gagged once, mind you, would even touch a raw turkey better tell my hubby, without a shadow of a doubt, that I really do love him ;).
Since we're enjoying the holiday with a break from school, we pulled out the art supplies and had a little fun.  Adina made a couple of different turkeys.  One came with her curriculum, but I've never been a cut and paste kind of girl.  I like to get messy with my creativity, so we made our own colorful turkey, too.
And this boy, who's been making me listen to Christmas music all week, went to work on a Christmas wreath.
Just because we're not celebrating until my hubby gets home tomorrow doesn't mean that I didn't try to get my family thinking of all the things we have to be thankful for today.  I cut this little Mayflower with my Cameo, and we've been stuffing it with thankful thoughts and memories all day.  My hubby will have to add his own bits tomorrow, and then, we'll read them together over dinner tomorrow night.
Pregnancy hormones may make the tears flow much easier with all the ick that's been going in our neck of the woods (I've been sparing you all ever so much and trying to keep it all "sunshine and rainbows" here, as my friend Amy Tsuruta so eloquently puts it.), but in the end, I really do know that my God is faithful and will carry out what He's started to completion, even if it's not the completion we have pictured in our own minds.  And for that, I am eternally grateful.  Oh!  And winter floats...
and tea parties help, too ;).
Thanks so much for stopping by!  For those of you braving the Black Friday sales tomorrow, good luck and stay safe!  Hugs!

10 comments:

Leanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love the idea of sharing what you are thankful over dinner. And your little boat is super cute! Have a lovely holiday..x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Loving the photos ... their crafts are sooooooooooo fun!!!!!!

Shirl Boughner said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jinny and family. That pie looks scrumptious and one of my favs. Love that you take time to craft with your kids - seems you've passed the bug on to them to enjoy. Have a wonderful holiday with the family.

Lynn said...

I love your idea of sharing what your family is thankful for in the Mayflower boat. I hope BJ arrives home tonight without any problems. Hugs to you my dear friend! xx

Linda R said...

Hoping you and your family had a Happy Thanksgiving.. The crafts your kiddo's made are too cute. And that pie sure does look yummy. I LOVE pumpkin pie..

Take care my friend.

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Well I hope your Thanksgiving was just perfect for you ... thinking of you and sending hugs your way ...

Miriam Prantner said...

Thanks for the update! Hope you guys had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving together!

~Tammy~ said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Larissa Heskett said...

Yummy!! We had to miss our normal family get togethers this year as the boys were both sick!! ;( totally, missed the turkey, but I was THANKFUL we were able to be together even if the boys we sick and not feeling well!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

Jennifer said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Looks like you've been busy. I can't believe your already in the final trimester. Hope you had an amazing weekend. Hugs!