My Baby Girl's 5th Birthday

Friday, November 8, 2013

Well, hello there, strangers.  It seems like forever since I've posted here.  It's been a long week.  We're surviving my hubby working in South Dakota, but it's been a much more difficult week than we could've anticipated, paired with lots of unforeseen stress, and I've just been wiped out.  Things are moving along awful slowly with our home.  We haven't yet had a showing.  I'm told it's not only our area, which baffles me, because it's such a fantastic location, but also the time of year.  We've got a lot of elements working against us, and I'm daily finding it difficult to remain positive.

We had a lot of luck looking at homes in South Dakota, but we really need a contract on our home here to be able to make an offer on one there or rather to simply not be at the bottom of the totem pole on a home we really love.  So, we're still watching for homes, in the area we're hoping to live in there, come through the system, but we've put a serious hunt on hold for now.  One step at a time.  It was fun to see the area, though, and the office my hubby is working in.  He's really enjoying his new job but hoping to find a different option for a place to stay soon.

So, that's the long and short of it all.  We're just trying to continue to breathe and pray that everything will fall into place sooner rather than later.  But before we left Kansas, my littlest had a fifth birthday to celebrate; and those are the pictures I've come here to share, with you all, today.  Her day started with new clothes...
and flowers from Daddy.  This was a tradition my Dad started with my sisters and I, when we were little, and Adina let her Daddy know a few months ago that she would really like him to do the same for her.  Of course, he was happy to oblige.  They're in full bloom right now and absolutely beautiful.
My hubby got off work at noon on his last day of work here in Kansas, so as soon as he got home, we had a yummy lunch, complete with birthday cupcakes.  Adina asked for pumpkin cupcakes with M&M's.  She's so easy to please.
We also took some time to open one more gift.  She's my little artist.  So, I packed a new backpack to the brim with lots of goodies to keep her busy and happy.
Then, we were off to the mall.  You may remember that she wanted to get her ears pierced for her fourth birthday but bailed at the last minute.  Well, I told her that we'd talk again in a year, but she simply hasn't let it go.  She was so sure this time and jumped right up into the chair the minute we walked in.
She had her eyes set on a pair of Hello Kitty earrings she had seen last year, so there weren't even any decisions to make.  She was set.  She asked for me to hold her hand, and the next thing we knew, she had cute, little piercings.  She didn't shed a single tear and hasn't complained in the least since.  Her courage completely took me off guard.  At the same time, it reminded me so much of myself and gave me a whole new set of worries.
It was such a fun and memorable day!  Gosh, I love this girl to bits!  She also got a few fun things, from her aunts and uncles, in the mail, that she insisted I photograph ;).  So, I'm throwing them in here, too.
I took a few pics of my creative space, once I got it all cleaned up for those showings that have yet to take place, and would love to share them, with you all, tomorrow.  If you're interested, I'll see you then.  If not, no worries.  Thanks so much for checking in on us today, and have a super, terrific weekend!  Hugs!

20 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

awww...the sweetest post and sweetest Girl ever!
How courageous and determined indeed!
Bravo! and Happy happy belated birthday to her!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

The sweet photo of you precious little one just make me smile, she is adorable, and brave, I remember piecing my ears at age 21 and I cried, LOL!
Oh ya, love those cute socks too!

Miriam Prantner said...

Happy birthday to sweet Adina! My how time flies! She is adorable!

Lisa said...

Awww such cute cute pics Jinny. Looks like she had a very happy birthday! Don't get discouraged, everything will fall into place with the house soon ~ hugs!

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy 5th birthday to your girl, she is such a sweetie Jinny. Great smile! Tell her that she got the coolest socks. My 16 year old daughter think they are awesome.

Leslie Germain said...

Happy birthday to your darling little girl. Looks like she had a fun day! Hope all goes/went well with the showing.

Annette Allen said...

aww Happy Birthday to your sweet baby girl.. looks like it was a great birthday.. ear piercing woohoo..

Have a wonderful weekend.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl!!!!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos!! Praying that your house sells ... I can see why they would say this time of year is a hard time to sell... with the holidays ... probably no one wants to spend the money :(

Jennifer said...

Happy, happy birthday Adina! What a brave, strong and beautiful little girl. Thinking nothing but best wishes for you Jinny. I know what it's like to be without a DH (he tends to work out of town a lot ) but I know you're a strong women and you will be able to get through this, the house will sell and everything will work out!

Ashley Horton said...

Praying for things to fall in place for your family, Jinny!! And such cute pictures of your girlie on her birthday! Looks like she had a great time and those Hello Kitty earrings are too cute!

espnsportstv said...

Happy Birthday to you! Are you finding free birthday gifts and deals? Try it! It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

Larissa Heskett said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! ;) love the idea of Pumpkin Cupcakes with M&M's YUMMY!! Sounds funny but last year while I was pregnant with Greyson I actually craved pumpkin!! I had to have it daily in my milk with breakfast!! ;) thanks for sharing and i'm looking forward to seeing your craft room!! ;) your house will sale soon and your new adventure will begin!! Lots of love and NO STRESS or WORRIES!! ;) hugs sweet Jinny!!

Ros Crawford said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl!! What a beauty she is and her Daddy sent her some of my favourite flowers! I'm so sorry that things are not moving as quickly as you would like ... Just remember that it will all come into place as was meant to be ... you just relax and take care ...

Lynn said...

Happy, happy birthday to your beautiful Adina! I love all her smiles! And how brave on getting her ears pierced. She is simply adorable!

I'll keep praying that your house goes quickly! xx

Linda R said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. She is such a cutie pie. So sorry to hear you haven't had any showing of your house. I just know everything will work out.. Keep your head up my friend.

Hugs~

Tracy said...

I'm a bit late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADINA!!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

She is a cutie! 5 is a fun age. :) Happy Belated Birthday Adina!

Maria said...

Absolutely darling, so precious! Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos!

Maria said...

And, happy belated bday to Adina!:)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Happy birthday to Adina! My, how she has grown. :) She is darling.