My Studio

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy Saturday, friends!  Thank you so much for your well wishes for the sale of our home!  We're trying to hang in there.  We did have a showing yesterday, so at least we're moving in the right direction.  Anyway, we've got a lot going on today, so I'm going to get right to it.  I promised y'all pics of my studio.  Right?  Here's the view from the walkway overlooking our living room and library.  LOVE that big skylight over my desk to bits!  The only thing we haven't yet addressed, meaning painted, carpeted, refinished, or added, to finish this space is updating that window at the far end.
My desk is a couple side tables my Dad made to match our bedroom furniture, but they don't fit in our bedroom, topped with one of the old sliding doors we took off my hubby's closet.  They were just cumbersome and always getting in the way.  The drawers hold embroidery floss, sewing supplies, stickers, and tools.  There's my sewing machine tucked underneath, although, it spends more time on top than below ;).
LOVE all the goodies, from ribbons and buttons to Washi tape and utensils, right at my fingertips.
Just to the left of my desk is this little, built-in cabinet.  It holds lots of our everyday, homeschool supplies.  On top of it, you'll find patterned paper scraps, filed by color.  I usually have all my CARDS Magazines here, too, but I've packed them away to tone down on clutter for showings.
Then, to the right of my desk are cubes housing paints, spray mists, twine, glitter, cardstock, alphas, patterned paper, punches, embossing powders... just about everything.  A café rod, mounted above, houses more punches, and the tops of the cubes themselves hold my embossing gun, markers, lots of yummy bits and baubles, brads, eyelets, cardstock scraps, and adhesives.
You can see a hint of the curtain, covering that window that still needs replacing, in the far right of the picture above.  Just to its right is this little nook.  These cubes hold party supplies and gift wrap goodies.  On top of them are just collapsible boxes for gifts, and to their right are gift bags and tissue paper, hanging on skirt and pant hangers from the closet rod.  The plastic drawers, in the front, house all my fabric scraps, and tucked in just behind them are rolls of wrapping paper.
On the other side of that nook you'll find all my scrapbooks and lots of pages waiting to be filed away.  I know.  Shame on me!  There is also more cardstock, mostly unpackaged Stampin' Up and all my unused sheets of Wplus9, thread, and my most favorite and often used stamps.
In continuing to move to the right, you'll find these little clipboards, which I found at Target, holding a few of my handmade creations.  They make it quick and easy to rotate designs.
Once again, in sliding to the right, you'll see this antique dresser.  The drawers hold more stamps, embossing plates, office supplies, random art supplies, felt, and lots and lots of completed cards.  On top are my Big Shot, dies, Cameo, bin of random ribbon scraps, and our computer printer.  That black box tucked in beside it is a paper shredder, and the boxes below hold printed photographs for scrapping.
And here are a couple of photos, standing at that far window, from the other direction.  You can see that pretty railing my Dad built in this first photo...
and this second shows the walkway to the stairs, as well as our pup's bed, custom triangle window, and quilt rack at the very end.  My hubby's closet is on the right.  That's the closet my desktop came from.  I just used a shower curtain rod to hang a pretty quilt from it instead.  We also have my ironing board and a small, two-drawer filing cabinet, just for office papers, tucked away in there.
And that's it!  The color of the walls and ceiling is Sherwin Williams' Haven, and that's exactly what this place is for me... my haven.  I cannot tell you how much I'm going to miss this treasured space, when we move; but right now, I'd gladly give it all up to have our family back together again.  Sigh.  If you'd be interested in more close-ups of how I organize all my supplies, be sure to leave me a comment below.  I'm sure that's something I could work up, once we're settled in South Dakota.  It's really lots of random ideas I've seen all over the place that just clicked with my style of organization, but it works for me ;).  Thanks so much for looking!  Have a blessed day!

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, I'm lucky to see your amazing space! I love how you have everything organized and I can see you there creating away! Here's hoping your new home has a space that is just as wonderful! Sending prayers for a quick home sale!

Laurie said...

I love that I've seen your space in real life! And I'm sad your moving away! I hope we can get together before you go! Hugs!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love your space!! Just gorgeous!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful space, so organized, can't wait to see what things will be like in your new place!

Kristie @ mypaperlife.com said...

Your space is awesome and the skylight has got to be amazing to create under. The clipboards are a fun idea to display cards!

Annette Allen said...

what a sweet studio... so clean too... you need to come and organize me.. heehee... love it

Linda R said...

What a beautiful work space. It looks so organized and I just love the wall color.. Thanks so much for sharing your craft space with us.

Hugs~

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely room Jinny. Love the table and tose clip boards! How can you keep it so neat?!

Diana Fisher said...

Such a fabulous space, and good luck selling your home. Love all of the little places for keeping things.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! I LOVE it!! Such a FUN SPACE!! I really can't wait to put my studio together!! I'm looking forward to Organizing so I can find and USE my stuff more efficiently!! THANKS for sharing and I'd LOVE to see more of your ideas when you have the time!! I can use ALL of the Inspiration I can get!! =) Have a Fabulous Week!!

Lisa said...

SIGH...How I would love to have that skylight to craft under!!!!!! TFS your space Jinny, love seeing where others Create!

Ros Crawford said...

Love your studio and so tidy!! That sky light is fabulous!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WHAT????? You're selling your place?!!! I missed something! I'll be praying that you are blessed with this sale and that everything goes as planned (God's plans/etc)!!!

LOOOOOOOVE these photos of your space! OH! I just want to come craft with you!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE how many ribbons you have! LOVE that your room is so organized! YOU ROCK <3

yyam said...

It's a nice and cosy space! And very organized too!

P/s: I do wait till my layouts pile up before I put them in albums...*winks*

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a beautiful space, Jinny. I love how you organized everything. The skylight is awesome! Thank you for sharing. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Loved having a tour of your space, Jinny! I see you will be moving. I wish you good luck in that endeavor. That's a big, big deal. I've never moved with kiddos. ;) Only from an apartment with just the two of us into this 'beginner' house (where we still are 18 years later).