TCM: Happy Thanksgiving

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It's my turn up on The Craft's Meow Store Blog, so I've whipped up a Thanksgiving page to share, with you all, today.  As soon as I saw Angelica's Speaking of Fall stamp set, I knew that somehow, someway, it needed to be used on a layout.  Unfortunately, I ran out of time to make it happen during its release week, but I finally got around to getting it done and couldn't be any more pleased with the outcome.
I started this page by inking the polka dot, base page, through a quilt star stencil, with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I then stamped it, in Jet Black ink, with the leaf images from the set.  The leaves were filled in with Tangerine Tango, Not Quite Navy, and More Mustard inks.  And although they didn't take as well to the texture of this particular patterned paper as they do to regular cardstock, the leaves were also stamped, in the same color of ink, with the polka dot fill-ins.  I still like that the repetition of polka dots is apparent.
The entire page was then framed with navy-threaded, straight, double, machine stitches, before the photos were matted with Whisper White cardstock and adhered in their respective locations.  The top photo also had a strip of vellum, which was stamped, in Jet Black ink, with a little, word art, secured, vertically, near its right edge, with navy-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  It was then flanked with a floral die cut, as well as a kraft, "12", to represent last year's Thanksgiving.  Both were popped up with foam tape.
A flag die cut, upon which I stamped, in Jet Black ink, the "SO grateful" sentiment, trims the left side of that same photo; and a "time for GIVING" transparency, laced with a white, chord bow, hangs from its bottom edge.
I then tucked a scalloped, pumpkin, journaling card under the photographs' bottom edge and used it to journal, We had an amazing Thanksgiving dinner with the help of my hubby's turkey brine and Ezekiel's woven placemats and paper lanterns.  Then, we snuggled in for an afternoon nap and a little football on t.v.  We even enjoyed a walk around the neighborhood.  A "FALL" die cut was stamped, in Jet Black ink, with both the "HAPPY thanksgiving" title and the word "harvest" and adhered, with foam tape, overlapping the top right corner of the journaling card.
This particular Thanksgiving was tough for me.  We were supposed to be with my hubby's family, but after a little heart-to-heart with his Dad, my hubby decided it would be best for us to stay home this year.  I was heartbroken and felt that initial rejection, from when we first got married, stronger than ever.  I wanted to remember some of those feelings, but privately; so, I tucked a ledger tag, filled with all those thoughts and more and laced with white chord, under the top edge of the top photograph.  Its right side was flanked with an "AUTUMN FUN" die cut, and a handful of bronze sequins and gemstones, scattered throughout the page, complete the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from 1-2-3 Challenge Blog's November Challenge.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Wednesday, friends!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Speaking of Fall (TCM) Paper: Whisper White (SU); gold polka dot (JBS); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Tangerine Tango, Not Quite Navy, & More Mustard (SU); Tumbled Glass & Jet Black (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: navy thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); quilt stars stencil & bronze sequins (JBS); scalloped journaling card, "time for GIVING" transparency, & "FALL", "AUTUMN FUN", floral, & flag die cuts (Basic Grey); white chord (Hobby Lobby); ledger tag (Paper Studio); kraft "12" circle (Maya Road); gemstones (Doodlebug Design)

18 comments:

Lynn said...

All kinds of stamping goodness happening on this beautiful layout! I hope your week is zooming by Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors, the photos and love love love love all the leaves!!!!

Annette Allen said...

such a cute layout.. got to love fall...

~amy~ said...

This is wonderful Jinny! Love all your great details!

You won something on my blog:)
http://tsurutadesigns.blogspot.com/2013/11/seize-sketch-8-coffee-donuts-along-with.html

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful!! I love those photos

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Jinny! What a gorgeous layout!
I love absolutely everything about it!
Thank You~

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Loving all the leaves and flowers, love the blue stamping on the base too!

Jennifer said...

So beautiful Jinny! Your attention to details is amazing. Love that you included the hidden tag...even if it is not a pleasant memory. At least you can look back and smile knowing the day turned out perfect!

Ashley Horton said...

Love your photo arrangement Jinny, and that great subtle polka dot background! And the vellum pieces are great, especially the sentiment piece you added over your top photo! Love this page!

Tracy said...

Good grief you missed this one with goodies and I'm thankful. Hee hee. Awesome layout Jinny!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Fabolous detail work on this layout. I love how crisp those stamped leaves are - I think I need to get myself some SU ink, as I'm not happy with the ones I use today. TFS!

quilt4fun2 said...

Your layout is a beautiful collage. I like the stamping on vellum and the leaves with the gold bling. Fun techniques and details. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

~Tammy~ said...

Another special layout capturing memories that are so cherished!

Lisa said...

THis is the sweetest family LO Jinny! Love the picture of you snuggled in with the kiddos!! Hope you are all doing well, thinking of you ;)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous page Jinny. Love the photos of your family. I really like the way you used vellum on the page. The colored leaves look great.:)

Leonie Waldron said...

Great page Jinny! Thanks for joining in with us at 123 :) xo

Chantalle said...

Fabulous page! Great to have you play along with us at 123. Hope to see you again :)

Sanna Lippert said...

gorgeous page, Ginny! glad you joined in with us:)! Hugs, Sanna