8-Pocket Jewelry Pouch

Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Friday, friends!  It's an especially happy day for us, because my hubby gets to come home for the weekend.  Matter of fact, I was able to schedule my prenatal appointment, for today, late enough that he'll be able to attend with me.  Can you believe that he hasn't even met my doctor?  We had a bad experience, with Adina's delivery, at a prior practice.  I loved my doctor there, but one of her colleagues delivered Adina.  So, when we found out we were expecting again, I switched docs.  I didn't want to risk having that doctor deliver another one of my kiddos.  Anyway, all that said, he gets to meet my new doctor today, and I'm so excited :)!  But you didn't come here to read all that.  Now, did you?  I promised to share the Christmas gifts I made for my nieces.  So, without further adieu, I made each of them an 8-Pocket Jewelry Pouch.
I used the above linked template from sew4home but changed up the steps of the tutorial a bit to better fit my needs.  I'm not a big fan of hand stitching.  So, I snipped little holes in the centers of each layer of the pouch to turn them right-side out.  Once they were stitched together, no one is ever the wiser.  Each was then laced up with a color-coordinating ribbon.
I also tucked a color-coordinating necklace into the center of each pouch, but all those little pockets are the perfect places to keep earrings, rings, and even smaller necklaces.  I got one of these years and years ago, and it has gotten a ton of use.  They're especially great for traveling!
The above pouch was made for my seven-year-old niece.  This one was for my almost twelve-year-old niece...
and this one was for my thirteen-year-old niece.
But I loved the way they turned out so much that I also made this one for my sister-in-law for her birthday, just a few days ago.
I'll be back to a little something papercrafty in nature, for The Studio's first challenge of 2014, bright and early Sunday morning.  Until then, may your weekends be filled with all the things AND people you love ;)!  Blessings on you!

12 comments:

Shirl Boughner said...

so creative - I can just see some little girls carrying these around with their friends to show off their jewellry and so great for travel or just to have in the drawer to keep things organized.
You are just so crafty gir. Don't know where you find the time for everything - especially now.

Lisa said...

These are so cute Jinny and what little girl wouldn't LOVE to get jewelry!! Big girls too ;)

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow those are amazing..Happy New Year Jinny

Charlene said...

What great jewerly holer Jinny!!! I'm so glad you hubby got to go with you to the doctors!!!! Have a great weekend!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY for hubby coming home!! I loveeeeeeeeee those pouches!! They are gorgeous!!!!

Linda R said...

These are adorable. They look wonderful. I bet they loved them. So happy to hear that your hubby made it back to go to the Dr. with you.

I hope you have a happy weekend..

Hugs~

Zeneva Kovic said...

I LOVE these! How fabulous and clever. Must put them on my list to do for my girls! Thank you for the inspiration.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! I'm really enjoying seeing your sewing projects ... I don't know where you find the time ... But I'm glad you do! Hope your prenatal goes well!

~Tammy~ said...

These are precious!

Enjoy your weekend with your DH! As a military spouse, I get the separation. We've spent many of our married years apart! It truly stinks! Hope your appointment went well!

Tracy said...

Nieces and nephews alike got amazing presents from you that were obviously made with love. So enjoy seeing your seeing projects Jinny. Hope all went well at your appointment. Enjoy your weekend!

yyam said...

Ooooh....how cute are these?