Family Update

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Well, hello there!  Just popping in to share a little of what we've been up to over the last couple of weeks, beginning with a trip to the Kansas City Zoo for another homeschool program.  Of course, while Ezekiel was learning about jellies, Adina and I had to check on our favorite, feathered friends, the penguins.  She had so much fun playing with a friend, too.
My hubby usually helps with my kiddos' Awana Club on Sunday nights, which gives me time to get ready for our school week; but since last Sunday was his first one back in months, they gave him the night off to take me out on a date.  We so need to make date nights a priority in 2014.  They're sanity saving amidst our busy, growing family.
We also set up Kaden's bed in our bedroom.  The crib bedding was Ezekiel's, when he was a baby.  I still love it to bits and pieces!  And my kiddos finally agreed on that little moose as their first gift to their baby brother.
Since most of the pictures and personal décor have already been packed away in anticipation of our hopeful move, it only took a little removing of furniture and the taking down of a large flat-screen.  I wasn't about to leave a heavy television hanging above our little bundle of joy.  But doing all that left some pretty big holes in the wall, and we hadn't painted our room since we moved in over eight and a half years ago.  So, it got a new coat of Sherwin Williams' Latte.  And for those of you who were worried about me, baby, and the fumes, Sherwin Williams has a fabulous zero VOC formula.  Harmony is GreenGuard Indoor Air Quality Certified® and GreenGuard Certified for children and schools.  This was our first time using it.  We usually use their SuperPaint, but if Harmony holds up to the abuse my children lavish upon it, I'll never go back.  You never would've known we ever painted in our home that day.
All that hard work called for a big bowl of vegetarian chili and homemade cinnamon rolls.  My great aunt taught me how to make these years ago, while she was still blessing us with her presence here on earth.  I still think of her every time I whip up a batch.
I couldn't help throwing in that last close-up with my pup drooling in the background or this one of her just being silly.  She always peeks under the curtain, if it's drawn, to see into our backyard; but this evening, she never looked towards the yard.  She was just watching us move about the kitchen right through the curtain.  Who knows?!
And finally, my mom and sisters came up this past weekend to take me to see George Wendt in Never Too Late, at the New Theatre Restaurant, for my upcoming birthday.  So fun!
Oh!  And check out this delicious, free, birthday dessert with which I was spoiled.  Mmmm!  I think it was called a Dutch Apple Cheesecake, and it was ever so tasty.
That about sums up the highlights, at least the ones I got pics of ;).  Thanks so much for checking in on us and for all your comments and emails asking about me!  I'm definitely feeling the aches and pains and discomfort that come with eight months of pregnancy but am trying to slow down and just enjoy these last few weeks of preparation.  My doctor moved up my first weekly visit to this week.  I'm 35 weeks today.  So, we're officially in the "safety zone" for a healthy birth.  It could be any day, or he could wait until his due date on the 25th of next month.  Only time will tell, but things definitely seem to be progressing earlier than they did with my other two who were each ten days early.  Well, thanks again, friends, and have a wonderful week!

22 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh how fun to have Kaden's crib up and ready to go! You look fabulous Jinny!

Lisa said...

TFS the pictures Jinny! Love seeing where sweet baby Kaden will snooze. Your pup is too funny and those cinnamon rolls look yummy! A pretty photo of you with your mom and sisters, you look radiant!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Hooray for date nights and fresh paint, and being fully baked! Hope you are able to really relax and rest up before the hard work starts!

Charlene said...

I love the pictures!!! The food is making me hungrey lol!!! Get some rest now :-)

Jennifer said...

Yay for date night, cinnamon rolls (yum!), silly dogs and a crib ready to go! Love that new wall color too. Time to kick your feet up and relax!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful updates, I always admired people who homeschooled their kids, it must be a tedious job, one has to be so discipline to make things right. Thumbs up mom!
That dog is totally darling, my puppy like to hides under our bed and stick out his little head and peek at us too, so cute!

Laurie said...

I recognize all of those girls!! How fun! Love reading your updates!! Hoping I get to see you before you move!

Annette Allen said...

yay for the crib.. it is getting closer.. so excited for you.. thanks for sharing your fun photos..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great photos!! LOVING his crib ... that moose is ADORABLE!!!!!

Shirl Boughner said...

oh Jinny, love Kaden's crib blankets and the colour your walls is almost the same as what I used. Looks like Kaden will be very comfy in his crib. So glad you got a date nite and got spoiled by your family - 4 girls huh? your mom must have been busy when you were teenagers.
that zoo sounds like a great place for the little ones to visit.
can u please send my some of those cinnamon rolls on special delivery so they are still warm when they arrive.
take care and rest lots

Leslie Germain said...

The baby bedding is adorable. How exciting!! Love the sweet little moose gift.

Ashley Horton said...

Okay, that photo of your doggie under the curtain is just too funny, Jinny!! It definitely made me laugh!

Angi Barrs said...

Love your fun family photos. Those cinnamon rolls look delish too! :)

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous photos and your home looks so lovely ... What a sweet crib! Your rolls look delicious and that dog is too funny!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Oh great, now I'm hungry!!! LOL!
Those desserts looked delish!
And I agree w/ you: Date Nights are a must! My hubby and I try to make a point of having them, or Date Sunday Lunches, often!

Tracy said...

As usual lots going on. That doggie pic is hilarious. Maybe he thought he was hiding. Your painting looks wonderful and I'm glad you enjoyed your outing with the girls and your one with BJ. I think I could dive head first into those cinnamon rolls. LOL Hugs!

yyam said...

Ooooh...love that you have date nights! :)
Can I say I'm craving some of those cinnamon rolls now? They look so good!
Take care my friend..relax and enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy. I'm looking forward to "seeing" your baby boy!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wonderful pictures! Love the color of your bedroom walls, and it looks crisp and clean with ample amounts of white and just a touch of black. Glad to hear your pregnancy is going smoothly, too.

Maria said...

Fabulous photos, Jinny! Your bedroom looks beautiful with color and sweet baby bed! Happy to hear that you are doing well...take care, hugs!

Jeanne J said...

Looks like you are all ready for baby!! A great peek into your life - and lots of beautiful and yes! YUMMY photos... I'm hungry now :)))

Monika/Buzsy said...

What crib is perfect Jinny. Love the first gift! So precious! Hang there tight! All the aches and discomfort will be over soon!

Larissa Heskett said...

How SWEET!! I LOVE the crib and I agree such a SWEET Bedding set!! He's gonna LOVE the moose forsure!! Greyson LOVES to carry his pets around and hug them and he says Awhh!! It's just the SWEETEST thing ever to watch!! I LOVE this stage!! THANKS for sharing I LOVED the pic of you with your mom and sisters such a BEAUTIFUL Group of ladies!! ;) that dessert looks YUMMY!! Makes me want to make some cheesecake right now!! ;) LOL!! Hope you have a Fabulous Week!! ;)