Guest Designing with ScrapFriends

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Evening, y'all!  I'm absolutely thrilled to get to be here today guest designing with the talented ladies at ScrapFriends!  Woohoo!
ScrapFriends button
Zeneva has cooked up the gorgeous palette below to get your creative juices flowing this month.  I have to admit that I usually avoid any shade of purple at all costs, but I had so much fun hunting through my stash to find a few bits and pieces, boasting just such a color, to help put together this.
I started this page by inking both Pumice Stone and Dusty Concord Distress Inks, through templates, onto the bright pink, distressed, ledger, base page; stamping hash marks, as well as dotted hearts, in Melon Mambo and Jet Black inks respectively, amidst the inking; and further securing a vellum, "XOXO" die cut near the base of the page and a bright pink, cardstock, sticker frame near the top.  A few, horizontal strips of Storyteller Washi were tucked in amidst the design, before I laid out my photos which were matted with Whisper White cardstock.  The top photo was then framed with a vellum, "HELLO" Polaroid, which I secured with a few staples and flanked with both a "TIME FLIES" chipboard element and a bit of yellow, happy face flair.
The center photo was framed by a "100% all girl", cardstock sticker and "too cute to handle" eyelet to its left...
and a "SWEET" sticker and "LIFE IS SO GOOD", cardstock sticker to its right.
The bottom photograph was wrapped with a bit of Lilac twine, tied in a bow, and further dressed up with a gray, "date:" 9.24.12 label, anchored with a Vintage, yellow button, laced with white string, as well as a "sweet" chipboard element.
Finally, I sandwiched my "Ready, set, HIKE" title, which was made from letters cut, from Whisper White cardstock and a yellow, text, patterned paper, with my Cameo, as well as bright pink, vinyl Thickers, in between the bottom two photos.  The "Ready" was also kissed with a hint of glitter to complete the look.
Here's your Colour Challenge #21 to get you off and running in the right direction, but be sure to also stop by the challenge link above to get all your challenge details, as well as to be completely inspired by the Design Team, before you dive in.
Further inspiration for this layout came from Stuck?! Sketches' January 1st Challenge.
Before I run, I want to send out a big thanks to Zeneva and her team for having me!  LOVE this challenge site to bits for its ability to stretch me to try new things!  Not to mention, I always leave their site completely inspired.  And thanks so much to you all for stopping by!  I know things have been a little quiet around here, but I so appreciate your continued visits and am trying my hardest to keep 'em coming your way, too.  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Love You More (Wplus9); Sent With Love (SU) Paper: Whisper White (SU); bright pink distressed ledger (My Little Shoebox); yellow text (JBS); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Melon Mambo (SU); Pumice Stone & Dusty Concord (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: Storyteller Washi (Paper Bakery); XOXO cut file, fonts, & Cameo (Silhouette); Dazzling Diamonds, "too cute to handle" eyelet, & "100% all girl" cardstock sticker (SU); pink chipboard elements (Bella Blvd.); vellum "HELLO" Polaroid (Studio Calico); yellow happy face flair (Bossy Joscie); chevron template & vintage yellow button (JBS); white string (Hobby Lobby); Lilac twine (The Twinery); heart template (Pink Paislee); "SWEET" sticker (Deja Views); "LIFE IS SO GOOD" cardstock sticker & gray "date:" label (My Mind's Eye); bright pink vinyl Thickers (American Crafts); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); staples & stapler (office supply store)

29 comments:

Annette Allen said...

congrats on GD... your layout is amazing..

Laura said...

Such a sweet layout, great colours, fab balance and embellies and sweet pics! So glad you joined us at Stuck?!

Lisa said...

YIPPEE Jinny so happy for you, well deserved too!! Super cute page. I'm with you on the purple, but using the bits and pieces worked perfectly here!

Ashley Horton said...

This page is so fun Jinny!! Love that cute vellum Hello frame and the pops of Yellow you added on your page! And great job on the sketch!! Big congrats on your guest spot!!

Sandy Ross said...

Such adorable photos and the layout is fabulous! Lots of great elements used and a great colour pallet! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

MichelleZ said...

Super-cute layout! I adore the fun colors!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Jinnnnnnnnnnnnnnny! How I've missed you:) I hope you are doing well!!

LOOOOOVE this LO! I LOVE the papers and your layering of washi tapes, buttons, photos, alphas, and more! LOOOOOOOVE everything you create--- just scrolling down three or four posts… WOWOWOWZA! You are truly talented and inspire me:) I'm so glad I stopped by today! <3 <3 <3

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous page!! And what amazing photos!!

Anna said...

Great layout Jinny! Love the colours and fun feel to it. :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!!!! This is absolutely ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeeee those CUTE photos, the colors, the arrows and the hearts!!!!!!

Shirl Boughner said...

love the fun colors Jinny and the orchid is the "in" color this year. Had to look close to see whose little bottom that was but the striped pants gave it away. When your kids are 25 they are so gonna love all your scrap pages that you've made them and then they can show their kids how talented their grandma is. Guess that's a ways down the road.
Have a great day!

Anya said...

Such a fun page!! I love those pictures! Great design - love the placement of title between pictures!

Angi Barrs said...

Congrats to ya! Love this gorgeous page...especially the title.

Tomomi said...

Love your using templates.
Thanks so much for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love the photos....Ellie is always hiking the ball too, except indoors....LOVE the different fonts/alphas for your title!

Tracy said...

Now that's the cutest layout of buns I've ever seen. LOL. Once again you have created a beautiful mix of elements and techniques Jinny. Fantastic work! Hugs!

Miae said...

Hello Jinny! Congrats on being a GDT! I always love your pages and their cool modern designs:) This page is no different...work the pink and purples lady...fab job!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Jinny! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! And I want to thank you for sharing this amazing and fun layout! It is beautifully designed and really made me smile! congrats on the GDT, too!

Joefil said...

Beautiful layout! Love all the details! and congrats for a GDT at ScrapFriends! Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?!

Linda R said...

What a great page. It really turned out fabulous. Congrats on your GDT spot. I bet they were excited to have you.

Hugs~

Larissa Heskett said...

CONGRATS!! I LOVE this Page!! TOO FUN!! your take on the Challenges was PERFECT!! THSNKS so much for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Charlene said...

I LOVE the colors and this page is so fun!!!!! I love the cute pics :-) How are you feelig?

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow! Love this layout Jinny! Love the paper, layers, colors, and that cute photo! Fun sketch too, I already have mine half done sitting on my craft room table, will finish soon and post it when I find time!

Jeanne J said...

What a fun layout Jinny! Dang but I wish I could still tumble! I hope she didn't fall over when she hiked that foot ball. Great layout - I love the pictures and how you lined them up and the accents to tell the story.

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a sweet layout! Jinny. I love the all the pretty colors and those fun photos. Congrats!! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet page girl! Love the lilac and the pretty shades... the vellum looks amazing!

Heidi said...

Awesome!! Love all the details!

Lee-Anne said...

What a gorgeous layout. I love your colours and the details. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Ann said...

I love your stencil work background. Such a pretty page. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! sketches.