For the Love of Books

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Happy Saturday, y'all!  Just popping in to share this month's For the Love of Books pick.  I bought this book years ago for my love of its sweet storyline and darling, watercolor illustrations; but in light of the recent addition to our family, it has taken on so much more meaning for my hubby and I.  It is written for children ages two to five but sure to capture the hearts of the young and old alike.
You're All My Favorites, written by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram, answers the seemingly impossible question of how three baby bears can conceivably all be their mommy and daddy's favorites.  The baby bears reason that they can't all be the best but are given the sweet reassurance that each can and is loved just the same, regardless of patches, gender, or size, for exactly who he/she is.  And I just have to add that I love that the story boasts a big brother bear, middle sister bear, and baby brother bear, just like us ;).

Thanks so much for reading!  Now, get out there and enjoy your Saturdays.  We're off to the doctor for another weight check for our littlest.  My understanding is that there's evidently a delicate balance between maintaining sufficient nutritional intake with proper body temperature and blood sugar levels in order for preemies to gain weight.  It's all ever so complicated.  Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

That story looks adorable. Good luck at the doctor. You amaze me that you still have time to write posts with a newborn! :)

Lisa said...

This sounds like an adorable book and now the perfect one for your family!! Hope the doctor appointment goes well ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this book!!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Hope all goes well!!

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE this SWEET Book!! I got it for Beckett when he was little and I'm looking forward to reading it to Greyson too!! I know isn't it FUNNY how much you take for granted when your babies are born healthy!! You just assume that they all grow at the right times/levels and that it will all be okay!!?? They are so PRECIOUS!! Take care and I'm sure he is doing GREAT!! All that LOVE has to help!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Thank you so much for sharing, Jinny. Love this book :)