Family Update

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hey, y'all!  Just popping in, as promised, to share a little of what we've been up to over the last couple of weeks.  I don't have a lot of pics to share, but I wanted to let you all know that we're doing fine.  I am beyond exhausted.  It seems every time I have a calm moment to lie down and rest that Kaden decides he'd rather be awake.  I know that it is magnified much more by the fact that I have two other children now than when Ezekiel and Adina were babies and those moments occur much less often, but I also know that it is only temporary and am so enjoying watching my littlest guy grow and change and interact with his siblings.
So, anyway, my lack of pictures is because lately there has been a lot more of me staying home with Kaden while my hubby takes Ezekiel and Adina to their individual activities; and he's just not the photographer that I am, but I couldn't resist sharing this one of my baby girl simply for the story behind it.  It doesn't sound near as sweet written out here as it did in real life, but I was sitting across the room nursing Kaden, and Adina was listening to my hubby's MP3 Player.  She smiled really big at me and said, "Now, my ears are filled with God, because all this music is about God."  Don't you just love her literal thinking?!
Besides nursing, changing diapers, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and the like, the rest of my time has been occupied with the education of my oldest two.  Adina has recently enjoyed celebrating Dr. Suess' birthday by making handprints of Thing 1 and Thing 2...
and besides beginning research for his first library report on King Tut, Ezekiel has also enjoyed learning and writing about the Bald Eagle.
He's also still rocking the clarinet, in homeschool band, this semester.  Gosh, it's so fun to see his smile after class every week.
And while I've had my plate super full, I did finally get all of Kaden's birth announcements sent out.
We've also been busy keeping our home in order for those springtime showings.  We've had so much great feedback from potential buyers, but ultimately, while people speak highly of our home itself, they don't seem to like the street we live on.  Granted, it has gotten busier since a number of new merchants moved in quite a ways down the street, but we're still a direct shot to their parking lots.  Sigh.  There's nothing we can do about that now.  We're still praying for the perfect person/people to love and treasure our home as much as we have and, at the same time, a place that better fits our needs to call home.  But until then, we're counting our blessings.  Thanks, as always, for checking in on us!  Have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

Shirl Boughner said...

hey Jinny, the new pic of Kaden is wonderful with his eyes busy exploring his surroundings. Love Adina's picture and Ezekial did a great job on his eagle. You will find the right buyer at the same time you find the right house. No worries. Just enjoy your little ones and keep praying

Ashley Horton said...

Love the birth announcements Jinny, and thank you so much for sending us one! It has a spot on our refrigerator!! :)

Leslie Germain said...

Jinny, he is adorable. He looks like all of you!! How sweet what Edina said!!! Love the birth announcement. Thanks for sharing it with me!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the update and the photos Jinny! A BIG thanks for the sweet birth announcement!! So happy to know all are doing well and keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get a buyer for your home soon. Take care ;)

Tracy said...

He has Adina's eyes. :-) He's going to have an awesome brother and sister to look out for him. We just had an excellent lesson tonight on Elijah and the widow woman. God will provide what you need. It's just going to come in His time frame and then it will be just right. Hang in there. Hugs!

Linda R said...

What a handsome little fella. I bet you are exhausted. But like you said that will all change. Hang in there my friend. Your daughter is too cute.

Hugs~

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely photo update Jinny, he is so a member of your family. Great shots of the kids artwork!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You poor thing :( I know it seems like forever from now -- but we all know they sleep eventually! lol! I loveeeeeeeee the photos ... your baby boy is looking a LOT like his big brother!! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

"Ears are filled with God"...oh, my, Jesus must be smiling so big!!! That's so cute, Jinny. :)

And just look at Kaden, growing up already! Wow. What a difference from the wee pics you sent me (thank you so much for the birth announcement, which is hanging on my fridge. :)

Ezekiel is looking mighty grown up, too. Gosh, before you know it he'll be a teen! Yikes!

Charlene said...

Awww sorry Ive been MIA, studying for an exam! Thanks for the beautiful pic!! I was excited to get it!! I just love the family pictures :-)

Lynn Mangan said...

Such beautiful pictures Jinny...you are so very blessed. Don't apologize to us for being busy! I just got something in the mail for your newest little one today! Time is flying!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.... what a pretty baby! Jinny. Love all these sweet pictures. Take care. <3

Annette Allen said...

praying your home sells soon.. thanks for sharing those adorable pictures.. always so cute..

Ros Crawford said...

Love catching up with your family ... Baby Kaden is really growing and he makes the other two sweeties look so grown up!

Maria said...

Oh, my! Such sweet photos of your precious children! And, hope you get some prospective buyers soon! Take care, hugs!