Family Update

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Well, hello there, strangers.  I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I've posted here.  I so didn't mean to neglect my little corner of the web on top of being such a terrible blog friend.  Please forgive me.  It's just the season of my life right now, and sadly, I cannot keep up with everything.  Plus, my big kiddo has been struggling with his school responsibilities and just growing up in general.  So, getting him through the tough spots has been taking up what little extra time I do have.  Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pics to share of him today, either.  Nobody wants to see a ten-year-old acting like a two-year-old.  But we've got high hopes that this, too, shall pass, and he'll soon be back to showing us his beautiful smile.  In the meantime, try this one on for size...
or maybe this one.
Ezekiel had another homeschool program at the KC Zoo.  So, earlier this month, my mom joined Adina, Kaden, and I...
to explore some of our favorite zoo spots, beginning with a ride on the carousel...
and moving on to a couple beloved friends.
It was Kaden's first trip, but he could've cared less.  He just snoozed the day away.
We've also been enjoying the fabulous, springtime weather.
My hubby took our sweet girl to the trout stocking, at Shawnee Mission Lake, a couple of weekends back.  They do this three times a year.  So, this isn't her first rodeo, but it is the first time she's ever won herself a Zebco fishing pole.  It's a little too big and super fancy for a five-year-old.  So, on Sunday, after church, we took her to Bass Pro Shops to pick out one a little more her size, since the ones Ezekiel grew up with had long ago been broken.  They were also having lots of activities, including a catch-and-release pond, for kids.  So, it was a win/win stop.
Some of the ladies from our church brought us a few meals to help out with things being so busy since the birth of our littlest guy, too.  Such a blessing!  And I couldn't help but take a pic of these shamrock, sugar cookies one woman purchased from Connie's Cookies.  Mmmmm!
Oh!  And check out my cuties all dressed up for St. Patty's Day!
I've also been trying to sneak in a few extra naps with this guy.
He's getting so big!  I don't like it one bit!  Time goes by so fast, and I so badly want it to slow down.  I know you all will understand if my posts here become fewer and farther between for a bit, while I sit and just hold my babies.
Thanks so much for checking in on us!  I have so much catching up to do with you all.  Been thinking of you tons and tons!  I'll pop back in sometime tomorrow with this month's Friday Faves, and believe it or not, I have whipped up a couple of creative projects to share before the month is over.  So, hang tight!  I'm not going anywhere ;).  Big hugs!

14 comments:

Lisa said...

So GOOD to hear from you today Jinny!! And don't you worry one little bit about not visiting or creating...you have three good reasons!! I can't believe how fast Kaden is growing! I think he looks like Adina while awake with those big beautiful eyes. But he looks like Ezekiel too when he's asleep, especially the last photo! Take care, sending hugs your way ;)

Leslie Germain said...

Hi Jinny! Your little guy is DARLING!!! Love the pictures of his eyes open - such beautiful big eyes. And great picture of the 3 kiddos for St. Patrick's day. So glad you can enjoy nice spring weather. We are waiting for that spring weather here!!

Lynn Mangan said...

Jinny, Kaden's cheeks are filling out...he is oh so sweet as are Ezekiel and Adina. Adorable! You're doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. Cherishing your beautiful family!

Shirl Boughner said...

how great to see some new pics of the kidlets. Kaden is a little Adina but with blue eyes. Pics at the zoo are great - love the penguin and the carousel. Looks like Adina was having a great time. Take care - enjoy the spring weather you are having - we are still getting snow!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love the photos!!! Kaden looks soooooo much like Ezekiel!! I loveeeeeee that first photo ... tooooooooo funny!!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

You know I was just thinking that I needed to shoot you an email to check up on you, but you've got me covered! What a wonderful update. That first photo of Kaden cracks me up! Hope that things start to get into a rhythm soon...one that involves plenty of rest for you! Hang in there, it's a season!

~amy~ said...

awwwwwww....sweet pics, thanks for sharing! Hang in there!

KimCreate said...

Adorable pics of the baby and family!

~Tammy~ said...

I must apologize for not getting here sooner and I will send an email in a bit. Not home at the moment! I think your oldest cutie is going through some adjustments of his own and although we expect he should he be the one to be the one to be the one to handle the adjustments the best that's not always the case!!

Great pics and take care of your family we're always here!

Tracy said...

Kaden's not the only one growing. Miss Adina looks inches taller. I'm sure Ezekiel will work through this phase. Hang in there mom. :-) There's not a person in the world who would blame you for just wanting to sit and cuddle your babies. Enjoy them my friend. Hugs!

Linda R said...

Love seeing you photos today! You are so right that they grow up way to fast!!

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos!! My he's so adorable ... Sending very best wishes your way

Annette Allen said...

aww what a sweet sweet post.. always enjoy your family photos.. thanks for sharing..

Larissa Heskett said...

TOO SWEET for words!! =)
I know for Now your Big Boy is just trying to find his place as a BIG Brother and I know with Beckett it was a hard transition after being my ONLY Baby Boy!! He was alittle Jealous of all of the attention Greyson was getting and taking away from him!! He has done WELL though and LOVES Greyson to bits!! I know he'll adjust and he'll be back to your Sweet Big Boy soon!! I LOVE all the Pics and I know the time FLIES BY WAY TO FAST!! ENJOY IT and we will be here when you can find the time to share!! HAVE A FABULOUS Week!! =)