Guest Designing with The Shabby Tea Room

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hello again, y'all!  I'm just thrilled to be here today guest designing with the fabulously talented girls over in The Shabby Tea Room!  Eeek!
Here's how I was inspired.
I started this card by white embossing the top edge of a piece of green, polka dot, patterned paper with the lace trim and fitting it into the bottom of a piece of pink, stripe, patterned paper, before anchoring them both, to the Oatmeal, cardstock, card face, with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  I then topped the lace edge with a length of white, seam binding ribbon, tied, in a double bow, near the left edge of the card face and embellished with a pink, enamel dot.
I then rounded the corners of a floral, "Faith" flashcard; stamped its top left corner, in Jet Black ink, with the "Trust that it's going to be okay." sentiment...
machine stitched, with white-threaded, messy stitches, a vellum, butterfly die cut, which I had dry embossed with polka dots, near its right edge; and adhered it, with foam tape, in the top center of the card face, just to the left of the embellished bow.
The entire look was then grounded with a bunch of button blossoms, stitched with white threaded, as well as a couple of dimensional, glitter, flower stickers, to complete the look.
And here's your Week #212: Pretty in Pink inspiration photo to get you started.  They're asking that you use white/cream, pink, and green, as well as lace/ribbon and flowers, on your project.
Before I run, I want to send out a HUGE thank you to Debbie and her team for having me this week!  I always love playing along with their gorgeous challenges, and I hope that you all will stop by and do the same.  You can get all the challenge details at the link above.  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a wonderful, work week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Chantilly Trim (Wplus9); Faith in You (Market Street Stamps) Paper: Oatmeal (Wplus9); green polka dot (SU); pink stripe (My Mind's Eye); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); butterfly die, polka dot embossing folder, & buttons (SU); white string (Hobby Lobby); glitter floral dimensional stickers (K&Company); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); "Faith" flashcard (Webster's Pages); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); pink enamel dot (My Mind's Eye); white embossing powder (Ranger)

23 comments:

yyam said...

Congrats on your guest designer gig!
This is gorgeous!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats on your DT spot and what a stunning card!! I just love how pretty it is .. Love that flash card Jinny and the sweet butterfly

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! That flashcard is so very sweet and I really love all the little buttons/embellies on the bottom of the card.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!!!! This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and the butterfly!!!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

Congrats on your Guest Design.. this card is gorgeous..

Hope all is well with you sweet friend..

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous! Love the butterfly!

Linda R said...

What a beautiful card! Love the "SPRING" feel it has!

Hugs~

Shirl Boughner said...

a gorgeous card Jinny - love the vellum butterfly and you do tie the nicest bows.

Leslie Germain said...

GORGEOUS card! Love the colors.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Charlene said...

This is so so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Congrats on your guest spot, Jinny! Your cards always blow me away and this one is just gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Magnificent! Gorgeous colors, patterns, and embellishments. That butterfly is scrumptious. Hugs!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! This is too SWEET Jinny!! CONGRATS on being a GD and I LOVE the FUN Design of your Card for today!! LOVE the Vellum Butterfly and the FUN elements on the bottom of your card!! THANKS for sharing and for the SWEET Comment you left on my Blog!! It means ALOT!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

alexandra s.m. said...

Huge Congrats Jinny!
Your card is a master piece, so much inspiration here!
I also enjoyed catching up on you and the beautiful family. The pictures you share with us are always delightful! Thank You!!

Maria said...

Congrats on being guest designer!What a gorgeous shabby creation! Love the stitching pretty papers, flowers and buttons!

Lisa said...

Congratulations Jinny, well deserved! Your card is a breath of fresh spring air! I'm swooning over your polka dot vellum butterfly!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

JINNY!!!!!!! I hope you are doing well-- and that the new little one is a blessing:)

LOVE this card--- as always, your attention to detail and use of layers and embellies and stitching.... WOOOOOOOOOOOWZA! There are no words that describe this awesomeness! It's too beautiful for words:)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love! YOU made my day! HUGS

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny this goes without saying is well deserved! Your design is so fresh and perfect for their challenge! You nailed it perfectly!

Hope you had a GREAT week, and will have an even BETTER weekend.

I have received your email, but I have only been home to lay my head down at night. Read your message on my phone, so we will catch up soon. :-)

Kat said...

cute card!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card Jinny. Love the vellum butterfly and the pretty pink hues... great layers. Congrats on the GD gig.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

So pretty, Jinny!

Monique Liedtke said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot!! What a fantastic card!! Love how "soft" it is!!