A Birthday Hello

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Morning, friends, and happy Saturday!  We're relaxing at home today, as we'll be traveling to my parents' home, to celebrate Easter, with them, as well as my siblings and their families, tomorrow.  My family also has a number of April birthdays.  So, since we'll all be together, we're having a little celebration to honor them all.  The card I have, for you all, today is one I made for my brother with some new goodies from Wplus9 Design.  Enjoy!  Oh!  And these pics appear to be picking up a lot of lint on that black background.  It seems to do that when I use my embossing pillow, but know that it isn't so obnoxious in real life.
I started this card by embossing both Pool Party and Melon Mambo ink splats onto the Black, cardstock, card face, which had its right corners rounded.  I then folded a lime green, stripe, journaling card, over the card face, near the bottom left corner and anchored it with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches, before topping it with a little, white envelope, which will house a birthday gift card.  I'm thinking one from Jimmy John's will do.  He loves that place almost as much as I do.
The "A BIRTHDAY hello" sentiment was stamped, in both Lucky Limeade and Jet Black inks, on a hand-cut, aqua, text, patterned, paper pennant; framed with Black cardstock, as well as black-threaded, straight, machine stitches; glittered; wrapped with a bit of Charcoal twine, tied, in a bow, near its left end; and adhered, with foam tape, near the base of the envelope and butted up against the left side of the card face.
I'm sure, by now, you've all seen the Wplus9 Design Team announcement back here.  If not, it simply says that Dawn has replaced the entire Design Team with a new crop of talented ladies.  For a number of reasons, which I don't want to rehash at this point, for fear I may burst into tears again, the decision took me completely off guard.  I have invested more of my time, money, creativity, and life into that company than I care to admit and am not going to pretend that I understand or even agree with her decision, but I'm not the boss lady.  So, the beauty of it is that I don't have to ;).  I am, however, forever grateful for the opportunity Dawn gave me to show off her beautiful illustrations over the last four and a half years and will ALWAYS be her biggest fan.  I also hope that I've inspired all you Wplus9 lovers enough to continue my creative journey with me.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a truly remarkable Easter Sunday, y'all!  He lives!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Hand Lettered Hello & Ink Splats (Wplus9) Paper: Black & White (Wplus9); aqua text (JBS) Ink: Lucky Limeade (SU); Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); Pool Party & Melon Mambo embossing powders & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); white envelope (Paper Studio); lime striped journaling card (American Crafts);  Charcoal twine (The Twinery)

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Your card is stunning Jinny! I'm sure that your brother is going to absolutely love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the little bag and the splatters!!!

~amy~ said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love it Jinny!
Happy Easter!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fabulous card! Love those colours and design.:)

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kat said...

really fun card! I love the little ink splatters!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the contrast of the soft colors with that dark base! Wonderful card!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a cool card Jinny! Love it.

Annette Allen said...

your card is amazing.. I am sorry that you are not on the Wplus9 team anymore and it is sad for you. 4 1/2 years is a long time and I know your heart was into it.. So matter the change you are amazing..

Annette Allen said...

Oh I forgot to say.. Happy Easter.. Rejoice in the Lord.

Charlene said...

A happy awesome card Jinny!!! happy Easter to you and your family!!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card!! Love the colours and those splats!! So sorry about Wplus9 ... You must be feeling really sad ... but as one door closes another one opens and Easter is all about new beginnings ... Happy and blessed Easter to you and your family ...

Lisa said...

Your brother is going to love this Jinny! I like the idea of the glassine pocket on the front for a gift card. Happy colors too. You did put your heart into your work for WP9 and it showed. New things will be around the bend for you and your amazing talents soon. Hope you had a nice Easter!!

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, you are one of the most talented and kind hearted crafters/bloggers out there. She was lucky to have you. No doubt that it showed on your part that you put your heart and soul into your designs! You are CRAZY talented!

I hope you had safe travels, and a wonderful Easter!

The card for your brother is so fun, and I know he loved it. Perfectly masculine!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Absolutely beautiful card! I love this!!!!! I am sorry that this happened, but I want you to know how much I admire your talent and cherish your friendship as well.

Larissa Heskett said...

AMAZING!! I LOVE this card Jinny and I'm sure it was a HUGE hit with your Brother! =) Especially the Jimmy John's Gift Card!! My Cousin-In-Law actually owns and runs the one in Hayes Kansas!! We stop every time we go to KC to say Hi and Eat of course!! =)I was shocked to see the WPLUS9 Design Team Change too!! You ladies were ALL so AMAZING and Inspiring!! I will miss seeing you creations for each release, but I know that behind every door that closes a New one Opens up and as talented as you are you will be Designing Again soon for some other AMAZING company!! THANKS so much for sharing and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Tracy said...

I'm so sad to hear your WPlus9 news. I had never heard of them before you and your projects were always top notch. This one is just another fabby example. Sending hugs for your bruised heart.