Family Update

Friday, April 18, 2014

Morning, y'all!  I trust that you're all well.  I'm WAY slow in getting around to visiting.  It seems I rarely get a moment to myself anymore.  Don't get me wrong.  I'd have it no other way, but I do miss my time here.  Anyway, I know that I don't usually end the week with a family update; but, well, things have been anything but normal around here.  So, that's what you're getting today.  Let's begin with the newest star of our show.  He has every ounce of my heart.  Each little smile, giggle, coo, gaze, or twinkle in his eye leaves me weak in the knees.  We're still figuring one another out, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.
This one is for you, Annette.  Thanks again for the darling onesies!
My big kiddos have been working so hard at school.  We have about four weeks to go, including a couple of days we've set aside for SAT testing, but we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Matter of fact, Adina's kindergarten curriculum, for next school year, even arrived, in the mail, yesterday.  She's already spent several hours just thumbing through every page.
She's most excited about her new Science book.
We also snuck in another homeschool day at the Kansas City Zoo.  Ezekiel studied flamingos this month, while Adina, Kaden, and I visited the critters.
We even got to see the keepers shearing the llamas.
We've got a couple of weeks left of Awana, too.  Ezekiel's been enjoying all the themes this year, including "Crazy Glasses" night...
and most recently, got third place, in the Grand Prix, with his Pinewood Derby car.
And me?  Well, I'm really trying to work my way through Larry Crabb's 66 Love Letters along with my new Fruit of the Spirit Bible.  That is, when I'm not nodding off from sheer exhaustion.
I've also been enjoying strawberries on everything from ice-cream to waffles.  Mmmm!
And someplace between keeping our home spic 'n span for its prospective buyers, nursing Kaden every three to three and a half hours morning and night, and all of the above, I organized my kitchen cupboards...
stuffed all these plastic eggs with candy for our big hunt, with the cousins, on Sunday (Adina was a big help with this one.)...
and finished making Adina's Easter dress, which she promptly put on and danced and twirled in, until Daddy made her go to bed.  LOL!  She's still delivering tons of thank you kisses to my cheeks, too.  Gosh, I'm so glad she loves it so!  I'll take a moment to share it sometime next week.
And I couldn't help but share one, final pic.  No matter how many times I walk around the corner and see one of my kiddos' toys exploring the Amazon in a potted plant, deep sea diving in the bathroom sink, catching some zzz's in a Kleenex box, or waiting for its prey while perched on the edge of a lamp, it still continues to put a smile on my face.  To be a kid again... Sigh.
That about cover things.  I have a card to share, with you all, tomorrow.  Yes, I said a card.  Tee hee!  Believe it or not, I haven't forgotten how to work those papers and stamps.  So, until then, thanks so much for checking in on us.  I so appreciate each and every one of YOU!  Have a blessed weekend!  Hugs!

12 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great update! Sounds like you are doing wonderfully and enjoying lots of great family time!

Tracy said...

LOL Things never slow down around there do they. It all sounds good though and it's wonderful to see Adina so excited about her upcoming school books. That little Kaden is growing in leaps and bounds isn't he. Sending big hugs!

Lynn said...

I always love seeing pictures of your beautiful family Jinny. Wishing you all a very blessed Easter.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic photos of your lovely family Jinny! Happy baby.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your newest addition looks just like your oldest addition!!!!! Loving the pics!!!!

Lisa said...

Kaden is getting so big Jinny, what a cutie pie!! Love all of the pictures. Ask Adina if I can borrow those cute polka dot pants she wore to the zoo!! Bravo to Ezekiel's 3rd place finish!! Many wishes for a Happy and Blessed Easter ~ HUGS

Annette Allen said...

such a sweet family. sounds like everything is going well.. such a blessing.. thanks for sharing..

Jessica said...

Your little guy is so cute! I see both of your older kids in him. My husband and sons thought your last photo was pretty cool. My 3-year-old has the smaller Lego eagle, but his feet don't grasp stuff. :/ Guess he'll have to get creative with another toy!

~Tammy~ said...

I think Kaden is a mini of Ezekiel. Life is full and life is good! What a great update! Love that Adina was so appreciative of your dress. Cherish those memories. :-)

I hope you family has a wonderful Easter!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful photos! That little guy is so like his big brother! Can't wait to see that Easter dress!

Anya said...

Love the photos and story! Your life seems pretty busy and a little one grows up so fast!

Maria said...

Awww...such sweet family pics! Thank you so much for sharing! Hope you had a wonderful Easter, hugs!