Weekend Snapshots

Monday, May 5, 2014

Evening, y'all!  Just thought I'd pop in and share a few pics from our relaxing weekend, while I'm trying to unwind, watching television.  I did get a chance to play a little in my creative space.  Yay!  I've been craving that time so much, but before that, my hubby took our beautiful, little girl out on a date night.  They went to a program called Goodnight Zoo at the Kansas City Zoo.  They learned about the metamorphosis of butterflies and frogs through stories, songs, crafts, and a yummy snack.  When my hubby asked her what her favorite part was on their way home, she said, "Being with you, Daddy."  Aaaaw.
While they were away, I hung out at home with my boys.
We've all been doing a lot of that lately... just hanging out.  LOVE these little people to bits!
I couldn't resist sharing these fun pics of Kaden, either.  I found this little bathtub bubble machine, on the clearance shelves, on one of our weekly trips for groceries and couldn't pass it up.  I honestly wasn't sure if Kaden would even be able to see the bubbles against our tub's field of white, but he could and loved it!  It's so fun to see him get so excited about the littlest things.  Unfortunately, since the bubbles that came with the machine ran out, we've had difficulty finding any more that blow the same.  They either pop as soon as they're blown or just run down the side of the tub.  Sigh.  Any suggestions?
Oh!  And Ezekiel's 6th grade curriculum arrived today.  He was so pleasantly excited to open his boxes.  In praying for our lunch today, he even thanked the Lord for giving us grades to teach us more about Him and the things He wants us to learn.  Absolutely precious!
He's most excited about his record book for Geography Bowl.
I'll be back tomorrow to share one of the many cards that I've made for one of the special moms in my life.  Until then, thanks so much for checking in on us, and have a blessed week!

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the photos Jinny!! Love seeing all of those sweet Newlin faces!!

Lynn said...

Beautiful pictures. Love, love, love everyone's smiles!

♥ Lynn said...

Great photos Jinny! Thanks for sharing. xo

Ros Crawford said...

Precious photos ... I love the one with you and the children ... Have a lovely day!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!!! Have you tried good old fashioned Johnson's shampoo for the bubble machine? I don't know if it's a machine that you can just pour things into or not ... but if you can -- I would try the shampoo or Johnson's baby body wash :)

Shirl said...

thanks for sharing new pics Jinny. Adina looks so happy and proud to go out with her dad and Ezekial is a proud big brother and I'll be he's a big help with Kaden. Love the bath pictures. So nice when children are happy and excited to learn.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful update! I so love reading these!

Leslie Germain said...

Adorable pics. Love the one of the four of you!!!

Tracy said...

Totally love the selfie. :-) You make one good looking bunch. Hugs!

Jennifer said...

Love the pictures and update! The kids look adorable and so happy! Hugs =)

Larissa Heskett said...

SO FUN!! I LOVE the Bath Pics!! Greyson LOVES his Bath Time!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What fun pics--- your kids are always so happy! And look at your little one!!!!!!! ACK! He's sooooooooo adorable! And oh my-- I LOVE that Ezekiel is so excited about his record book for Geography Bowl! LOL!

Have a great weekend <3

~Tammy~ said...

Precious blessings!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wonderful catch-up post! The kids are getting so big. :)